The Student Room Group

Asking questions at interviews.

Ok, so this may seem a little silly, but it's been bugging me. :rolleyes: I've been told by various teachers that it's important when asked at interviews "do you have any questions?" to make sure that i DO have some! But i tend to value initiative, and every time i try to think of qu's i could ask, with a bit of effort you could (and should) find them out for yourself. For example, questions about the courses, oppotunites or tutor sessions - surely you should have found hat out before you applied! so what can i ask?? :frown:

Feel free to tell me im overly-freaking out :smile:

oh btw, my interviews are UCL and Oxford.

Pinkfairylights xx
When I was asked if I had any questions, I said no, because all the questions I had had already been answered at the open day... didn't do me any harm.
precisely my point, thanks for reassuring me. I was concerned that that there would be sort of earth-shattering questions to which im completely obvlious! stupid teachers :wink: xx
Reply 3
Charlottie
When I was asked if I had any questions, I said no, because all the questions I had had already been answered at the open day... didn't do me any harm.

Same. I worried afterwards that they would interpret it as a lack of enthusiasm :redface: Apparently not though.
Reply 4
yeh i've been thinking about this too. the question i would really like to ask is, i've told you why i like this university, what do you think is so good about it? but im not sure how that would go down and im a bit worried this or another opinion based question might pop out...damn me for reading the prospectus properly.
I'm not English, I'm history, but the principle is the same.

I asked about opportunities for field trips and research abroad. They liked that question. They said I can do some archaeological thing if I wanted.

Latest

Trending

Trending