The Student Room Group

Medicine reapplicants' successful stories

I have searched around the forum but could not find any thread about MEDICINE REAPPLICANTS' SUCCESSFUL STORIES.
I thought it would be good if the successful reapplicants comment here to let us who are going to reapply know :smile: I would much appriciate it! The data about successful reapplicants will help us feel better :P

Please list this year medical schools and your academics this year
Thank you :smile:
Reply 2

Thanks for the link but the thread includes many dicussion rather than just successful applications' profiles ( stories ) so I think it would take a lot of time to read :smile: It would be betetr if we had another thread just abt the statistics :smile:
Reply 3
Yeh don't read that thread - it is like 99% inane chatter about random stuff and 1% useful things. :rofl:

Have a look at the tail end of the applicant profiles thread, quite a few re-applicants have posted their profiles recently. Might be what you're looking for - vast majority of us got at least 1 offer, and there are some that even got 4 (after getting 4 rejections last year). There is also one/two of us that are applying for the third time and have 4 offers this year - so don't give up!
Reply 4
Applied in for 2008 entry, got into Leicester, got ABB at A-level (can't recommend this :wink:) and missed my place. Decided to re-apply, Southampton were (and still are) absolute angels, interviewed me and then made me an offer. And here I am, in 8 weeks time I'll be a third of the way through my degree :eek:
Reply 5
I got no offers the first time round having applied for deferred entry 2007 to Bristol, King's, Aberdeen and BSMS.

Applied again with my results (AAA) in my gap year to start in 2007 to Bristol, Southampton, Birmingham and Cardiff, got into Cardiff from the waiting list :smile:, now 4th year x x xx
Reply 6
Original post by anthonylee
Thanks for the link but the thread includes many dicussion rather than just successful applications' profiles ( stories ) so I think it would take a lot of time to read :smile: It would be betetr if we had another thread just abt the statistics :smile:

Sorry, I only read the first bit, not the inane bit.....

(Not a reapplicant by the way, just first time :redface:)
Reply 7
Original post by Jonquil
I got no offers the first time round having applied for deferred entry 2007 to Bristol, King's, Aberdeen and BSMS.

Applied again with my results (AAA) in my gap year to start in 2007 to Bristol, Southampton, Birmingham and Cardiff, got into Cardiff from the waiting list :smile:, now 4th year x x xx

Original post by Alex D
Applied in for 2008 entry, got into Leicester, got ABB at A-level (can't recommend this :wink:) and missed my place. Decided to re-apply, Southampton were (and still are) absolute angels, interviewed me and then made me an offer. And here I am, in 8 weeks time I'll be a third of the way through my degree :eek:

Original post by Beska
Yeh don't read that thread - it is like 99% inane chatter about random stuff and 1% useful things. :rofl:

Have a look at the tail end of the applicant profiles thread, quite a few re-applicants have posted their profiles recently. Might be what you're looking for - vast majority of us got at least 1 offer, and there are some that even got 4 (after getting 4 rejections last year). There is also one/two of us that are applying for the third time and have 4 offers this year - so don't give up!

Thank you guys!
Got ABBB in AS due to illness.

No interviews in for 2010 entry.

got AAAA in a level because i was determined not to screw things up.

Got interview for Imperial/Kings/Queens/St.georges. (all four med schools i applied for)

So tada =D
Reply 9
A friend had the grades etc, got rejected the first time round and 2nd time got into Cambridge. Can't remember exact grades etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending