The Student Room Group

Help with firm/insurance choice please

Offers for Economics (L100/101) from
Manchester BA (AAB)
Southampton BSc (AAB)
Liverpool BSc (ABB)
Reading BA (effectively BBB taking into account AS)

Reading might try to change to BSc.

Have visited all and ruled out Southampton from visit day, seemed most uninterested, couldn't be bothered to give us a proper tour, place looked a bit run down.
Really liked Reading and will put that as insurance.
Choice for firm between Manchester and Liverpool. Liked both cities, but the degrees are quite different - Manchester much more flexible than Liverpool, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Can anyone offer some more advice/things to consider? Thanks.
Reply 2
I think the choices for firm are good choices to have at least. Both are great unis in great cities.

Personally, I like a degree to have some flexibility, mainly that in case I change my mind about something, then there is a chance to alter it a bit.

I think what you might need to do is do what I did. Go with your gut feeling, that if you imagine yourself next year, where is it you feel most at home.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Probably Manchester for employment prospects (it was actually ranked up there with Warwick by an independent survey) ans Southampton for the course (although apparently you have to do a compulsory dissertation there which wouldn't appeal to me at al :P)
Reply 4
Umm manchester firm and Liverpool insurance?
Reply 5
Did anyone else open this expecting it to be a problem about buying insurance/managing risk so as to maximise your utility? Just me? :getmecoat:
Reply 6
Firm: Manchester
Insurance: Southumpton
for starters i would choose a BSC
Reply 8
Original post by Tony_Soprano1
for starters i would choose a BSC

Yeah same, I'd definitely choose a Hull Bsc over Cambridge's BA. Not everything is about the title you know.
[QUOTE="tateco;30787689"]Yeah same, I'd definitely choose a Hull Bsc over Cambridge's BA. Not everything is about the title you know.[/QUOTE

Cambridge is known for its debating and theoretical discussions he wont experience that level at a different university so your better off sticking to the facts with a BSC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending