The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by James0507
I got an offer from Edinburgh just yesterday. First of any architecture reponses I've heard from Edinburgh though.

Guy from college got an offer from edinburgh today his conditions are AAA
what are yours?
Original post by James0507
I got an offer from Edinburgh just yesterday. First of any architecture reponses I've heard from Edinburgh though.

Original post by Onique
what are yours?

ohh congratulations! :biggrin: although its nice to see some action from edinburgh, im pretty worried now :frown: i havent heard anything, dont think this is looking promising..
Original post by Onique
what are yours?

Mine's AAA too
Reply 1583
Original post by marie antoinette
yes

ok thanks.. Also you know how it asks for 10-12 images, is that the maximum amount or do you think it's alright if I send more than that?
Reply 1584
Original post by kAe.
how did people find the interview of UCL today? It seems that they are more interested in my task than my portfolio :s-smilie:

I have my interview tomorrow.. any useful tips? Do you know what the maximum size of work you can take in? I have a really relevant canvas but it really is large, did you see anyone else with large canvas work that was brought in? thanks x
Got a conditional offer from Manchester! :biggrin: So happy!!

And also... rejection from Edinburgh... :frown:
Reply 1586
Original post by bytheglam*

congra and sorry to hear about that.
on the bright side, you still have 3 other uni :biggrin:
Original post by bytheglam*

conragtulations on your offer! i got a rejection from Edinburgh yesterday too,
it wouldve been my first choice so im pretty disappointed.. :frown:
Original post by Merell
I literally bought along every single painting/drawing/photo of 3D pieces that I have created in the last 5 years. As I sold most of my A-level work, I brought along a envelope full of pictures of them, as well as each prep sheet.

Think they were a bit overwhelmed, but its better to give them something to flick through.

However, I believe I got my place on my sketchbooks (I have been keeping books for the last two years, and more than anything else it shows I draw any awful, awful lot), so if you do actually, sketch (regardless of quality) its probably a good idea to bring that along. They were very interested in technical drawing ability. I also brought a 3D piece I'd been working on for someone ( a commission) so they could see my proficiency with different materials (it was a combination of worked leather and fibreglass). I think its better for them to actually see 3D stuff as photos don't always do justice.

My advice overall would be to make sure to take everything that you're proud of and anything that shows how you work/think, especially if it's unusual. Take as much as you can- just give them the stuff you want them to see first!

Thank you for advising. I used to think that I should avoid bringing some "bad pieces" but now I think that I shall bring all but arrange the sequence of showing to the interviewer. Thank you.
Reply 1589
I applied at msa too.i'm currently working on my portfolio but I'm not quite sure what they are looking for.could you show me some examples just to know if i"m on the right direction?I heard good things about the architecture course at msa but i would like too know more about the teaching staff and nightlife.Oh...and congrats on your offer!.thank you
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mari.. X
ok thanks.. Also you know how it asks for 10-12 images, is that the maximum amount or do you think it's alright if I send more than that?

hmmm. I think you should send as much as they ask,because there are a lot of people sending their portfolios, it would take too much time to look through too many pictures. i think you should send 12-13
Reply 1591
Original post by coral.theory

Actually I was wondering if someone wants to go to a particular uni desperately, can they actually mail them an email showing them your interest going to there/ like second chance to view the portfolio/ interview?
Just asking and sorry to hear about that.
Reply 1592
Hi everyone, I just received an email from DMU about inviting me to an exhibition...
(I'm an intertional applicant)

"Our staff would be happy to meet you or your parents to talk about your application or answer any questions you may have about De Montfort University. "

Do you think I should bring along my portfolio or is it just an invitation to talk about the overall university like the accomodation or things like that? Cause it's from the admission tutor but I don't think it's from the department.
Original post by winniey
Actually I was wondering if someone wants to go to a particular uni desperately, can they actually mail them an email showing them your interest going to there/ like second chance to view the portfolio/ interview?
Just asking and sorry to hear about that.

Sorry to hijack this but, I REALLY want to go to Nottingham for so many different reasons, but I STILL haven't heard back from them, so it isn't looking good. And I would have really liked to have actually told them all of those reasons, but you can't really do it, they will most likely just ignore your email or letter because they have so many applications to look through they can't consider everything. I honestly don't think it is worth it as after I had a rejection post interview I sent an email to the head of department basically saying I didn't think I had put myself over very well in the interview and would it be possible to have feedback (this was in December) I haven't heard anything back at all. I just don't think it is worth the effort, once they have made up their mind its pretty much final
Original post by winniey
congra and sorry to hear about that.
on the bright side, you still have 3 other uni :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile:
I only have Sheffield and Ucl for architecture left... I threw away my last choice by applying for Urban plannning for Ucl and not doing the task :s-smilie: I shouldn't have applied for Urban planning :frown:

However, fingers-crossed for Ucl, my dream school...
Original post by coral.theory

I'm sorry for Edin :frown: Are you an international applicant? I've heard that they've received a lot of applications due to the low fees...
Good luck with your other choices! :wink:
Reply 1596
Original post by 2621
I have my interview tomorrow.. any useful tips? Do you know what the maximum size of work you can take in? I have a really relevant canvas but it really is large, did you see anyone else with large canvas work that was brought in? thanks x

I did see a girl who brought a canvas with her, but it was long instead of big. I think A1 is the max size coz I mount all my work on A1 sheet and I think it was fairly enough.
Anyone who went to the Liverpool Visit Day earlier this month, do you have to take a portfolio? And are there any interviews? I'm going to the March one, but I'm not sure if it's just a look around or if I'll actually be interviewed :s-smilie:
Reply 1598
Original post by anightrem
yup yup, idk if they are v strict with the req, cos im not too sure if can get 3.5 but close to that. haha come bath! then we can frolick around. all th best! you got an interview with ucl! thats great :> you'll be fine!

Haha yea! We can totally frolick ard if we get into the same school! Just hope they give me an answer soon, cos it's been quite awhile and I have not hear from them. Thanks! Hope the interviewer is nice! haha :smile:
Reply 1599
Original post by nimrodwong01
Yey got an offer from Kingston... but i probably wont go there... it wasn't for me... Still waiting on oxford brookes; they are taking forever they havnt even sent me a portfolio request yet. Im sending my Sheffield port today :smile: I hope they like it or else im screwed :L

How long did it take for kingston to get back to you after sending them your portfolio??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending