The Student Room Group

Student Loan Application

Hey

I've finally got around to doing my student loan application but it's so damn annoying. Basically, I was supposed to go uni last year but ended up taking a gap year, so they've still got my details from then.

So now I've started a new application for 2011/12 but it wouldn't let me change the university. At the top of the page, it says "To select a different university/college or course, click on ‘Course search’" but that button is non-existent!

Also, under the details of the old uni, there's a button which says 'Change Course' but it's greyed out..

Don't know if that makes much sense, so here's a screenshot.

Thanks!
Reply 1
You need to complete a CO1:Change of Circumstances form to cancel this years application as you won't be able to apply for next year with an open application for this year. Some people have had success getting it cancelled over the phone, but the official way is to complete that form and send it in.
Reply 2
Ok, that changes everything.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see if they'll do it over the phone and if not, I'll just have to fill out the form.

Thanks mate!
Original post by Jason-92
Ok, that changes everything.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see if they'll do it over the phone and if not, I'll just have to fill out the form.

Thanks mate!

You can't do it over the phone. Student Finance won't make any changes to your account without something explicit in writing (aka. a Change of Circumstances form).
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You can't do it over the phone. Student Finance won't make any changes to your account without something explicit in writing (aka. a Change of Circumstances form).

Officially yes.

But I managed to cancel my pending 2010/2011 application over the phone. It really depends on who you speak to be honest. If in doubt, just send them a letter explaining your situation. Make sure it's got your name and CR on it though.

I don't like all these forms they have. I'd rather just type up my own letter :smile:
Reply 5
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but once again, Student Finance have not failed to disappoint.

Over the passed 2 weeks I spoke to customer service 3 times. They've promised the old form will be deleted within the next 3 working days. Yeah... that didn't happen!

I'm so pissed. Today I asked to speak to their supervisor but apparently that's not possible so they took down my details and said the supervisor will call me back in the next 48 hours.

Anyway, I know I should have done this earlier but I wrote a letter describing the problem so I'm hoping they'll be able to sort it out asap as the deadline is in less than 2 weeks :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending