The Student Room Group

interview and evaluation day at bso 2011 FOR Osteopathy.

Hello,

I have applied to Osteopathy for the year 2011 to BSO. They have now invited me to attend this I&E event in june. They have told me i will be giving an interview as well as a written assessment and a practicle aptitude assessment. Does anyone know what this means ??? what am i supposed to expect? Any ideas about the questions they are going to ask? Help!
Reply 1
I've just posted this same thing on another page:

Hi, yeah, I've had my interview. I didn't get an offer so perhaps I'm not the best person to advise you!!!

It was the most in depth interview I've had anywhere, a whole afternoon.

First there was an interview, which was fine, quite strict and confrontational but fine, no unexpected questions except that they began the interview by saying

"so tell us about yourself" which I think is really hard to answer! It is such an open question, I couldn't think where to begin or exactly what they wanted me to say!

Then there were 4 "scenario" assessments

1 where you had to go into a room and take a patient history, I think the key to this one is getting to the bottom of what was really wrong with the patient in the short space of time you are with them, you are also expected to take notes on what you discover from the patient.

2 you have to help "an old lady who has hurt her left leg" across the room, (the old lady was actually a young student!) just make sure you are constantly checking how she is doing and stuff.

3 checking the mobility of a guys leg, you are shown what to do by a staff member and then you have to show that you are confident and pick up the skills and apply them easily.

each of those was 2 mins at which point a bell rings!

4 was writing for 25 mins about a scenario of 3 people chatting about 1 of the peoples experience of her osteopathic treatment, its sort of an ethics thing really, putting forward different sides of the argument and analysing them.

Then there was a tour around the clinic (which is AMAZING) and then home.

All in all quite a fun day! But it felt more like an acting class or audition than an osteopathy interview. I wasn't crazy about the vibe there if I'm honest, but then they obviously weren't crazy about me either so it worked out fine in the end!

Good luck,

I'm busy trying to make my mind up between the ESO and Brookes now! Anyone out there thinking of those? or any advice to offer about them?!
Reply 2
hey, thanks for the reply. What other questions did they ask you in the interview, and how long does it go on for? What were the other applicants like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending