The Student Room Group

Sheffield Hallam Diploma

I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere already, but i haven't been able to find an answer....
I've got an unconditional offer to study my mental health nursing diploma at sheffield hallam starting in spetember (whoop whoop, go me :biggrin: )
According to something i read somewhere, i think it was in the bowels of this forum somewhere, the NHS is supposed to send me a letter with a ID number or something on to enable me to apply for my bursary... I've had my offer since early march, but still haven't received anything like that... and yes i have confirmed my offer with Ucas.
Am i supposed to have received this letter by now?
Reply 1
The admissions department at your university should complete a BUR99 form in the next few weeks, they do this automatically without your input. Then the nhs bursary department send you your unique nhs grant number to complete your forms, and these won't be up for the new 2011/2012 till sometime next month anyways. Sometimes admissions don't send your bur99 or whatever or take awhile to do it, it does take a 30 day turn around time to do it, and then another 30 days upon receipt of your application. This is easily sorted by writing 'to follow' in the unique nhs grants space on the form. If its the case of the university hasn't sent the bur99 at all, and it is 30 days after receipt of your Crb forms, no less, you need to notify your admissions department and they will investigate. So just wait for your crb forms from the university first, if you didn't receive your number, but still complete your forms when they are up on the site.
(edited 12 years ago)
thank you popoporoo
Reply 3
Np , hope it helped. I been doing research into it as I'm starting in sept myself, at uclan to do odp! Congrats on your place at shu and gl! x

Quick Reply

Latest