The Student Room Group

XYZ's log

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by liftorrot
He obviously meant muscle mass by that...

Clearly.

Guess innuendos go over people's heads around here.
can i plead no homo now or is it too late?
Reply 982
I guess it's okay. I mean, you get guys who are a lot bigger doing far less weight too.

And, yes, I am thick all over. :wink:
Reply 983
Deadlift

Deadlift
195kg - 1x1

Front Squat
97.5kg - 3x5

Pendlay Row
70kg - 3x10

Pulldown Rows
61 - 3x12
Dropset

Grip Training

Pretty damn pleased - felt rather comfortable. I think there are issues I could resolve in terms of technique but regardless, that felt good. My PR is 200kg for a single but I'm confident I can break that at quite a bit less BW. Rest was pretty good - soon 100kg on FS which should be fun. Was really psyched up for training today and it showed. :smile:
Reply 984
Volume Bench

Bench
92.5kg - 3x5

OHP
47.5kg - 1x11

DB Press
24kg - 12, 11

DB Bench
32kg - 15, 12, 11

Face Pulls // DB Hammer Curls
3x30 // 16kg - 3x10

Not a bad session. Bench felt decent although I'm gonna try to bench in the rack 'cause the actual bench kinda sucks. Trying out 5/3/1 for OHP - used 85% of max instead of usual 90% though to keep it a bit lighter due to doing it after bench. 11 reps was okay - main issue is that it's impossible to stay tight/hold breath etc. for that long. Rest was good too. Was thinking to do some floor presses instead but gym got really busy near the end so decided to stick to DB work.
Reply 985
Squat

Squat
162.5kg - 1x3

Deficit Deadlift
140kg - 2x5

Neutral grip pull-ups
BW - 1x15

Barbell Curl
50kg - 1x1

Squat felt a bit **** today and felt quite weak generally but still got it which is good. The rest was pretty lazy of me but who cares. Did some deficit pulls and then messed around with max reps on neutral grip pull-ups and max barbell curl. :smile:
Reply 986
Following again, now that we're not at the same gym. Where you training at atm?
Also props for the transformation, guess it's now my turn to get lean and mean, or something like that :tongue:
Reply 987
Original post by aivi
Following again, now that we're not at the same gym. Where you training at atm?
Also props for the transformation, guess it's now my turn to get lean and mean, or something like that :tongue:

Do sets of 20 on your Olympic lifts, run and you'll look like a CrossFit girl in no time!

I'm training at qMotion (Queen Mary gym).

Thanks. Still got a long way to go.
Reply 988
Original post by Michael XYZ
Do sets of 20 on your Olympic lifts, run and you'll look like a CrossFit girl in no time!

I'm training at qMotion (Queen Mary gym).

Thanks. Still got a long way to go.

Good luck with your Muslim goals.
Reply 989
Original post by u4m1r
Good luck with your Muslim goals.

If anything, I've seen a lot of Sikh lifters there. They're quite strong though and seem to know what they're doing.
Reply 990
If anything, I've seen a lot of Sikh lifters there. They're quite strong though and seem to know what they're doing.

Dem Punjabi genetics

Watch this, kicks off at 0:45

Reply 991
Intensity Bench

Bench
95kg - 1x4 (fail), 1x5 (good!)

Incline Bench
50kg - 4x10

Dips
25kg - 3x10

Chin-ups
5kg - 4x8

Failed my top-set on bench and got 95x4 so I was determined to do it again and get 5. Looked unlikely but the set was really quite bad and I was so slow. Plus, I hit the hooks like 20 times, way out of place. Really pleased to have got the 5 afterwards and it seemed way more comfortable.

Rest was decent. Chin-ups feeling very strong; I guess mainly due to losing weight but high volume is helping a lot. Dips also feeling good.
Reply 992
Bodyweight: 87.6kg

Forgot to record last week so that means 1.3kg in two weeks, 0.65kg/week. I'm really unsure how that has even happened. I'm on the exact same amount of calories as I have been for a while but I'm losing weight so surely that would make it harder to lose weight on same calories. 1.3kg/fortnight is a bit too much than I'd ideally want at least.

Might want to carb up more often or something.
Reply 993
It could be water fluctuation, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Reply 994
Deadlift

Deadlift
197.5kg - 1x1

Front Squat
100kg - 3x5

Pendlay Row
72.5kg - 3x8

Pulldown Row
68 - 10, 10, 8

Grip Training

Very pleased with deadlift - felt comfortable and surely PRs will be hit soon. Was planning on doing some inverted rows instead of pulldown rows but my friends were retarded and couldn't get the hang of it so I didn't bother. Pulldown rows (pulldown leaning back quite a bit) do give me a massive pump though.
Reply 995
Looking good in here. You're catching up on me whilst cutting. fml
Reply 996
Press

OHP
50kg - 1x10

Push Press
70kg - 3x3

DB Incline (shallow)
32kg - 10, 9

Cable Extensions
21.25 - 3x15

Cable Overhead Extensions
18.75 - 9, 8

Face Pulls // DB Hammer Curls
3x30 // 16kg - 3x11

Some changes: one bench day and one press day. For press I'm following 5/3/1 and we'll see how it goes. Did push press after as it can be good and then usual things. I added 5 sets of extensions because I want to see if I feel any difference. Not done any direct tricep work for a while so we'll see. Got a ridiculous pump - good times.
Reply 997
Bench

Pause Bench
90kg - 1x1

Bench (backdown set)
75kg - 1x12

Incline Bench
52.5kg - 4x10

Dips
25kg - 12, 12, 11

Chin-ups
50 reps @ 5 sets

Plate Front Raise
15kg - 12, 10, 10

Push-ups
BW - 1xAMAP

Usually would squat today but changing up days when I lift a little so decide to swap today and tomorrow around so I'll squat tomorrow.

Started new training for bench. We'll see how it works and all. I think every other week I want to do some "board" work just to get a feel for heavier weights in my hands. Also trying some front raises as per advice from the beast of the gym. Pretty damn hard even with just a 15kg plate!
Reply 998
Squat

Squat
165kg - 1x3

Pause Squat (no belt)
117.5kg - 2x5

Deadlift
130kg - 5x1

Seated Leg Curl
54 - 3x15

Sit-ups
10kg - 8, 7, 4

Pretty pleased with the squat although I keep having issues staying on my heels. Didn't really have this before but nowadays I seem to keep going forward to middle/toes. Comfortable triple but can be better if I improve on the form.

I was planning on doing leg curl + back raises instead of good mornings just to mix it up a bit but after leg curls I realised the damn gym has no back raise machine. Tried to improvise with a few things but didn't really work so ended up not doing it. Next time just gonna do good mornings. Quite unfortunate, I quite like back raises.
Reply 999
Squat

Squat
165kg - 1x3

Pause Squat (no belt)
117.5kg - 2x5

Deadlift
130kg - 5x1

Seated Leg Curl
54 - 3x15

Sit-ups
10kg - 8, 7, 4

Pretty pleased with the squat although I keep having issues staying on my heels. Didn't really have this before but nowadays I seem to keep going forward to middle/toes. Comfortable triple but can be better if I improve on the form.

I was planning on doing leg curl + back raises instead of good mornings just to mix it up a bit but after leg curls I realised the damn gym has no back raise machine. Tried to improvise with a few things but didn't really work so ended up not doing it. Next time just gonna do good mornings. Quite unfortunate, I quite like back raises.

Do back extensions on the pulley machines?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest