The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by RadiantA
Are you going to be in the science or humanities / social sciences building?

I'm in the year above by the way.

Lol, i have no idea whatsoever, i didnt come to the induction day thing so ima get a bit lost on the first day, then again wont be the only one so yh :smile:
Reply 581
Original post by N_young
Lol, i have no idea whatsoever, i didnt come to the induction day thing so ima get a bit lost on the first day, then again wont be the only one so yh :smile:

yeh - don't worry.
When I started I barely knew anyone and always got lost...
I still always get lost and barely know anyone.

I'm just a special case.
Reply 582
yeh - don't worry.
When I started I barely knew anyone and always got lost...
I still always get lost and barely know anyone.

I'm just a special case.

Thanks man, you have filled me with confidence :biggrin: what subjects you doing?
Reply 583
Original post by Iqbal007
I actually dont no what there on about, they never even told me as i recall............ there good pads, remember to use them separately for different subjects makes things easier... also the Oxford notepads are very good.

Oh yh once you are there run to the sports building, you should find lockers there that only need £1 and you get it back later :smile:
I was gonna sell 2 of my mine and i didnt even use it lol or sell them........

We have lockers.
I swear you have to pay £30 for your own locker and you get some back.
How comes you didn't tell me this.
You know how disorganised I was...
I lost pretty much all my notes, you couldn't even give me advice.
Reply 584
Original post by N_young
Thanks man, you have filled me with confidence :biggrin: what subjects you doing?

Chemistry
Physics
Economics
Further Maths

I'll probably drop economics this year to do extra maths modules.
By the way Unis only care about 3 a-levels doing any more doesn't give you any advantage at all.

Ummm.. yeh - it's been a year and I still can't remember the people in my class, but I'm the only person like that. Despite all that I still get a long with most people, you will be fine.

Just don't go to too many weird parties...
Someone's having a house party every week.
Just don't go - some of their house parties are worst than the american ones.
I've not really been I've just heard stories.
Reply 585
Chemistry
Physics
Economics
Further Maths

I'll probably drop economics this year to do extra maths modules.
By the way Unis only care about 3 a-levels doing any more doesn't give you any advantage at all.

Ummm.. yeh - it's been a year and I still can't remember the people in my class, but I'm the only person like that. Despite all that I still get a long with most people, you will be fine.

Just don't go to too many weird parties...
Someone's having a house party every week.
Just don't go - some of their house parties are worst than the american ones.
I've not really been I've just heard stories.

Didnt know one could do Furhter Maths, without doing Maths?
True but Unis like seeing 4 alevels, (the 9k ones mainly)

And house party wise, depends what ur looking for thats all.
Reply 586
Original post by N_young
Didnt know one could do Furhter Maths, without doing Maths?
True but Unis like seeing 4 alevels, (the 9k ones mainly)

And house party wise, depends what ur looking for thats all.

I completed my maths a-level in yr 10 and 11.
I'm the only kid there that can do further maths without having to go to attend maths lessons.

Yeh - all the house parties I've been to have been fine, minus the one where we found my friend covered in vomit in the bathroom..

Umm.. I've only been to 3 ever, and all of them have been the same persons and this year. I don't know much about all this. I'm not really hugely social. I've never been to the really weird ones, weird stuff happen. I guess your right.

Just don't screw up your AS year - LITERALLY YOUR WHOLE LIFE DEPENDS ON YOUR MARKS. well - mine did.
Reply 587
I'm the only kid there that can do further maths without having to go to attend maths lessons.

Yeh - all the house parties I've been to have been fine, minus the one where we found my friend covered in vomit in the bathroom..

Umm.. I've only been to 3 ever, and all of them have been the same persons and this year. I don't know much about all this. I'm not really hugely social. I've never been to the really weird ones, weird stuff happen. I guess your right.

Just don't screw up your AS year - LITERALLY YOUR WHOLE LIFE DEPENDS ON YOUR MARKS. well - mine did.

Im taking the weird house parties end up with waking up in someones bed for some ppl?

nice witht eh maths A-level, what did u get?

And yup AS is pretty important, screw that up and uni is gone
Reply 588
Original post by N_young
Im taking the weird house parties end up with waking up in someones bed for some ppl?

nice witht eh maths A-level, what did u get?

And yup AS is pretty important, screw that up and uni is gone

Walking into bed with someone... hmm...
Actually depends who you walk into bed with, but that happens - yep. Other stuff like your drunk and do random stupid stuff. Guys at college talk about it, and I have no idea what they're on about. Thank god I'm not there for any of it.

It's more like there's some mansion outside of london and you're walking around in the country side at 3am, or the party gets shut down and you're walking around on the streets confused.

I got an A - I had to teach myself a-level maths.
Reply 589
Walking into bed with someone... hmm...
Actually depends who you walk into bed with, but that happens - yep. Other stuff like your drunk and do random stupid stuff. Guys at college talk about it, and I have no idea what they're on about. Thank god I'm not there for any of it.

It's more like there's some mansion outside of london and you're walking around in the country side at 3am, or the party gets shut down and you're walking around on the streets confused.

I got an A - I had to teach myself a-level maths.

Nice... and nice
Reply 590

lol. Why do you guys keep telling us not to screw up our AS year??? Is it because alot of people at Woodhouse mess it up?
Btw, how would you describe woodhouse briefly as a whole-students, staff and atmosphere?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 591
Original post by Lord-22
lol. Why do you guys keep telling us not to screw up our AS year??? Is it because alot of people at Woodhouse mess it up?
Btw, how would you describe woodhouse briefly as a whole-students, staff and atmosphere?

Woodhouse = very relaxed but has a hard working ethic.

Nobody ever takes the advice seriously, and if we scaremonger you're probably going to get panicked and work really harder. Oh and don't drink alcohol and smoke....

it's the worst thing you can do......
Really don't

I don't know to be honest, I've never cared about what anyone else other then myself gets. Ask another sexy guy with super hot stubble.
Woodhouse = very relaxed but has a hard working ethic.

Nobody ever takes the advice seriously, and if we scaremonger you're probably going to get panicked and work really harder. Oh and don't drink alcohol and smoke....

it's the worst thing you can do......
Really don't

I don't know to be honest, I've never cared about what anyone else other then myself gets. Ask another sexy guy with super hot stubble.

How were the AS and A-Level results?!?, did a lot of people get into Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial, Durham and Warwick?!?
Original post by .Serenity.
How were the AS and A-Level results?!?, did a lot of people get into Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial, Durham and Warwick?!?

See for yourself:

http://www.woodhouse.ac.uk/default.aspx?m=2&mi=72&ms=68&sect=aboutus&title=Results+2011

Thanks :smile:, well done for your AS grades. What about the uni's? Do you know anything??
Reply 595

No-one got Oxford this year, a few got Cambridge though. There was a significant amount at other top unis though.
Thanks :smile:, well done for your AS grades. What about the uni's? Do you know anything??

No, not for this year anyway. On average we get 8 students in Cambridge a year, but that's all I know.

Thanks, but I was really disappointed with my AS results. Guess I aim too high. :biggrin:
I'm quite scared because i don't think i have done well enough to get into my first choice sixth form (6A's) and my current school requires mainly A grades. Also, the results are much higher than woodhouse (A*/A/B at 89.9%) but woodhouse is like 65% o something and so i would do much better at my current school but my parents can't pay 13 000 pounds a year fo my education as i have brothers and sisters in private schools too, but ifi don;t do well in my exams and i go to woodhouse, how will i do as i can't do well in a chillaxed atmosphere, only becuase through my whole education, i've been pushed really had to do well, i'm expected mainly A*'s and As but am trying to prepare for the worst case scenarios. Thanks
Reply 598
Original post by Mike Hunt is nice
I'm quite scared because i don't think i have done well enough to get into my first choice sixth form (6A's) and my current school requires mainly A grades. Also, the results are much higher than woodhouse (A*/A/B at 89.9%) but woodhouse is like 65% o something and so i would do much better at my current school but my parents can't pay 13 000 pounds a year fo my education as i have brothers and sisters in private schools too, but ifi don;t do well in my exams and i go to woodhouse, how will i do as i can't do well in a chillaxed atmosphere, only becuase through my whole education, i've been pushed really had to do well, i'm expected mainly A*'s and As but am trying to prepare for the worst case scenarios. Thanks

Woodhouse is a place where you need a good amount of self motivation to do well. The teachers won't push you like they do at a private school.
Reply 599
Is there dress code? As in are there certain things you're not allowed to wear? Or are you allowed to wear anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending