The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Does anybody know the username and password for woodle??
Original post by LunaLee
Does anyone know what books we will be studying in English Lit, I heard through the grape vine we could study 'Frankenstein' (by Mary Shelly)..(??)

You won't know till you get them because different sets get different texts to study. You better hope for the easy ones.
Original post by coffee123
Does anybody know the username and password for woodle??
Don't think you can access it yet. It should be your ID and probably birthday then you can change the password. I think.
Reply 782
Hey Everyone,

I didn't attend the induction day on Friday due to personal reasons so I'm not really sure what I'm walking into tomorrow. All I know is that I have to come before 9. Do you already have your timetables already? Can someone explain to me what happened, please :biggrin:
Original post by DylanLJG
Hmmm...

Economics is pretty difficult at Woodhouse (We have the worst exam board! :angry:) Go for Classics if you want, but I think unis prefer essay subjects while yours are more maths/sciencey. That's the easy route though.

Economics is much harder to get into (It's what I plan to do! :rolleyes:) If you choose Economics then I would definitely recommend Further Maths as it is especially desired by unis like Cambridge/LSE, though not compulsory.

Economics Rules! :banana2:

I thought Economics was ok, further maths isn't a necessity............ LSE consider it as a fourth subject............... best to do as a AS
Original post by Sufian_TRP
Where are all the Further Maths people???
By the way, I didn't quite get the point of today, apart from getting to know people well.

Work hard in it or you'll flop :/
Original post by zaina94
Ok well we got the timetable today and it's quite an improvement :smile: we get more frees, reg twice a week and lessons are only reduced slightly -90 mins now 80, and 1 hour lessons now 55mins

I don't think it'll be hazardous :biggrin:

:/ so no more registration every morning?
The frees ain't worth the less time you spend in class.......... it counts in certain subjects
Original post by Sufian_TRP
I thought it was an enjoyable day though. Although the most annoying thing was how the partner schools' students stick with each other! Come On, I want to get to know more people!

They will stick together until they settle into class, etc

By the way you Bengali?
Reply 787
Original post by ??????????????????
You won't know till you get them because different sets get different texts to study. You better hope for the easy ones.
Don't think you can access it yet. It should be your ID and probably birthday then you can change the password. I think.

Aha okay yeah fingers crossed but whatever comes, comes.
Reply 788
Original post by r_____
Hey Everyone,

I didn't attend the induction day on Friday due to personal reasons so I'm not really sure what I'm walking into tomorrow. All I know is that I have to come before 9. Do you already have your timetables already? Can someone explain to me what happened, please :biggrin:

Literally nothing happened on Friday we made paper aeroplanes, built some structure to make a brick stand, shuffle round the room, oh and got free ice creams- we didn't get timetables all I know is there is an assembly in the morning tomorrow.
Reply 789
Original post by LunaLee
Literally nothing happened on Friday we made paper aeroplanes, built some structure to make a brick stand, shuffle round the room, oh and got free ice creams- we didn't get timetables all I know is there is an assembly in the morning tomorrow.

Sounds like fun :wink: Don't know what to bring tommorow..
Reply 790
Original post by r_____
Sounds like fun :wink: Don't know what to bring tommorow..

I have no clue but they said lessons will sort of start on Monday but everything seems not definite bring a folder or two incase... oh if you remember perhaps bring your oyster card form most people forgot theirs, but they didn't sign any.
Original post by Iqbal007
I thought Economics was ok, further maths isn't a necessity............ LSE consider it as a fourth subject............... best to do as a AS

Yeah, but it is desired. 90% of offer holders have it which is why I'm not applying there. You are right about it being considered a fourth subject though.

Original post by LunaLee
Does anyone know what books we will be studying in English Lit, I heard through the grape vine we could study 'Frankenstein' (by Mary Shelly)..(??)

Maybe :wink:

Set texts are changing this year. The school normally does three different texts out of the set texts. All I can say is it'll definitely be one of the below. You should find out in your first Literature lesson anyway.

Mary Shelley Frankenstein
Charlotte Bronte Jane Eyre
Henry James The Turn of the Screw
Oscar Wilde The Picture of Dorian Gray
Joseph Conrad The Secret Agent
Virginia Woolf Mrs Dalloway

:innocent:
Reply 792
Yeah, but it is desired. 90% of offer holders have it which is why I'm not applying there. You are right about it being considered a fourth subject though.

Maybe :wink:

Set texts are changing this year. The school normally does three different texts out of the set texts. All I can say is it'll definitely be one of the below. You should find out in your first Literature lesson anyway.

Mary Shelley Frankenstein
Charlotte Bronte Jane Eyre
Henry James The Turn of the Screw
Oscar Wilde The Picture of Dorian Gray
Joseph Conrad The Secret Agent
Virginia Woolf Mrs Dalloway

Thank you so much :biggrin: I hope one of them is Oscar Wilde as I've already read The Picture of Dorian Gray hehe :smile:

Really wouldn't say desired just nice to have, it can enhance your application.....................my mate had an Offer for eco at LSE he was doing 4 A2's didnt even bother about because they didn't even care about
Really wouldn't say desired just nice to have, it can enhance your application.....................my mate had an Offer for eco at LSE he was doing 4 A2's didnt even bother about because they didn't even care about

I copied "desired" from the entry requirements on their site. :wink: LSE is still way too competitive and it's in London :angry:.
I copied "desired" from the entry requirements on their site. :wink: LSE is still way too competitive and it's in London :angry:.

So????????????? what if it is competitive just go for it....................... UCL is good also and a good back up is kent
So????????????? what if it is competitive just go for it....................... UCL is good also and a good back up is kent

I want to move out of London preferably and I already have Cambridge as my risky choice.
I want to move out of London preferably and I already have Cambridge as my risky choice.

:/ Try Nottingham then
:/ Try Nottingham then

It was going to be my backup choice until they moved their offer up to A*AA :angry:
My choices will probably be something like Cambridge, Warwick, Bath, Bristol & Notts.

What are you thinking of doing?
It was going to be my backup choice until they moved their offer up to A*AA :angry:
My choices will probably be something like Cambridge, Warwick, Bath, Bristol & Notts.

What are you thinking of doing?

I finished woodhouse, going QM for comp eng................. i flopped further maths :'(

Bristol will be good, my mate got an offer of AAB....................
i think u shud try UCL...................Durham?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending