The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iqbal007
Is he still doing the countdown game :biggrin:

If you don't get an interview its a rejection........waiting list and offers are given after interviews.
Yes you can........couldn't say to be fair....I would also state physics is also quite popular.

Or you can sometimes get a direct offer... :P
What happens every Wednesday? Extra curricular activities such as ...... ?? Oh and I still can't believe 4000 students applied this year:O
Original post by ThenAaliyahSaid
What happens every Wednesday? Extra curricular activities such as ...... ?? Oh and I still can't believe 4000 students applied this year:O

First year extra curricular activity is compulsory...... anything ranging from sports, reading, investment, etc
First year extra curricular activity is compulsory...... anything ranging from sports, reading, investment, etc

so you do it for the entire day??
Original post by ThenAaliyahSaid
so you do it for the entire day??

No, only about 1-2 hours. You finish at lunch on wednesday.........which is very much the same at uni.
Hey I have applied to woodhouse and I would really like to get in. However I think my predicted grades are like Cs or not strong enough to get into an interview. I aim to get at least an A* and few As n Bs in my GCSEs So if I dont get an interview do I get put on a waiting list. Or if I re apply on results day what are my chances of getting in? Would it be first come first serve basis? I plan to take Chemisrty, Biology, Sociology and Pschologly. I know chemisrty is a popular subject so I would replace it with physics just to get into woodhouse.
Reply 1186
Original post by beautylover
Hey I have applied to woodhouse and I would really like to get in. However I think my predicted grades are like Cs or not strong enough to get into an interview. I aim to get at least an A* and few As n Bs in my GCSEs So if I dont get an interview do I get put on a waiting list. Or if I re apply on results day what are my chances of getting in? Would it be first come first serve basis? I plan to take Chemisrty, Biology, Sociology and Pschologly. I know chemisrty is a popular subject so I would replace it with physics just to get into woodhouse.

I dont think you will get an interview or put on the waiting list with all C predictions. Both biology and chemistry are very over subscribed but you do have a chance if you have all A*/A etc to get in if you show em your results come results day.
Original post by N_young
Well Maths department is pretty much top notch, i must say that I had Miss. Finn in my first year (am i allowed to name people?) and I achieved C1 97% C2 95%. And other teachers in the department as still very good. There is also the "Maths homepage" for Woodhouse students (which is so good, that it now shows up on google and other colleges are using it).

Economics wise, in my AS year, I had a good teacher, he had his own way of teaching but I didnt mind, got 100% in EC2 and 89% on EC1, so that should tell you enough, although this year I have a teacher that is disliked by pretty much everyone, so in general both departments are good, but you get the odd person once in a while.

Thanks a lot for the info! :biggrin:
Has anyone been contacted yet for the 2nd/3rd interview dates? (march 4th/march 12th)
Woodhouse are really slow at getting back to applicants from experience but I can't blame them
with the number of people applying. :puppyeyes:
Woodhouse is a great college, there has been an increase in "Ghetto-ness" though, the social area that is normally a good place to relax with a few mates is far too often being flooded with something that I would never date to call music.

In all honesty I can't wait to go to uni!
Reply 1190
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Has anyone been contacted yet for the 2nd/3rd interview dates? (march 4th/march 12th)
Woodhouse are really slow at getting back to applicants from experience but I can't blame them
with the number of people applying. :puppyeyes:

I got an email today for the 2nd interview, you?
Original post by stephbo
I got an email today for the 2nd interview, you?

I Haven't heard anything yet I guess Il find out in a few days whether I made the 2nd interview or not. There still is the 3rd interview date jst incase.

Btw what subjects are you planning to study? Whats your predicted Grades?
Reply 1192
I Haven't heard anything yet I guess Il find out in a few days whether I made the 2nd interview or not. There still is the 3rd interview date jst incase.

Btw what subjects are you planning to study? Whats your predicted Grades?

Oh you'll get an interview for the 3rd day don't worry but according to the website they've given out all the 2nd interview dates, and btw have you checked your spam?

Erm I planning to study: Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Business Studies
My predicted grades are all A*/A's I believe
Reply 1193
Also, does anyone know who Mr. Morton is? That's who my interview is with..
Original post by stephbo
Oh you'll get an interview for the 3rd day don't worry but according to the website they've given out all the 2nd interview dates, and btw have you checked your spam?

Erm I planning to study: Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Business Studies
My predicted grades are all A*/A's I believe

Lol After I read your first post I checked my email & found an interview from wood house college with David Makepeace (seems legit) at 3pm.
Im planning to study: Maths, Physics, History, French/Chemistry/Economics as a fourth option.

Im predicted a couple A*, As & Bs. :shot: No chance ikr :nope:

Does anybody know who David MakePeace is?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1195
Lol After I read your first post I checked my email & found an interview from wood house college with David Makepeace (seems legit) at 3pm.
Im planning to study: Maths, Physics, History, French/Chemistry/Economics as a fourth option.

Im predicted a couple A*, As & Bs. :shot: No chance ikr :nope:

Does anybody know who David MakePeace is?

You shouldn't be worried tbh you'll deffo get in, hows your extra curricular like?
Original post by stephbo
Also, does anyone know who Mr. Morton is? That's who my interview is with..

I had him as well..........he's a maths teacher, always red faced, nice guy...

if you picked maths then your getting maths questions most likely, gonna say basic algebra
Reply 1197
I had him as well..........he's a maths teacher, always red faced, nice guy...

if you picked maths then your getting maths questions most likely, gonna say basic algebra

Yeah I picked maths, is the question going to be hard? Btw what should I bring with me to the interview?
Original post by stephbo
Yeah I picked maths, is the question going to be hard? Btw what should I bring with me to the interview?

No, just simultaneous equation and the likes....
Just dress a bit smart, show him that you can give back to the college.
Reply 1199
No, just simultaneous equation and the likes....
Just dress a bit smart, show him that you can give back to the college.

Ohh okay that should be fine then! Thanks for the advice hopefully I'll get in *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending