The Student Room Group

What is your pet's name?

Scroll to see replies

2 cats. Ozzy and Sharon. :awesome:

And then we found out Sharon is a boy. And he's still called Sharon. :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
I have two cats:

Minxy - when he was born as a kitten his mum's owner's kids called him 'Milky' because he had some white fur. When we got him we decided we didn't like the name, but didn't want to change it too much as we thought he might have got used to being called that. My mum called him a 'little minx' once when he was pawing the coals out of the frontroom fireplace so we changed his name from 'Milky' to 'Minxy'.

Gizmo - my sister had been watching Gremlins and thought Gizmo was cute.

We also had a hamster before them who was called Busta, because when we were taking him home from the pet shop he was trying to 'bust out' of the box by chewing through it. We thought 'Busta' looked better than 'Buster'.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have a guinea pig called Sherlock (perfectly suited, may I add) and a greyhound called Travis.
My rats at home are/were Mcgee, Denozzo and Gibbs (ala NCIS)- my two hamsters out here are Cameron and Clegg.
Original post by Nut.
Ozzy

Because budgies are Australian :u:

Spoiler

Check out this video of him with one of his many talents:

Reply 385
Original post by adamrules247

Check out this video of him with one of his many talents:

:eek: my budgie has the same toy! :biggrin:
Original post by Nut.
:eek: my budgie has the same toy! :biggrin:

:gah: It's such a good toy for them. Mine also has some big fluffy yellow toy chicks. They're his friends :h:
Sir Jack Daniel VI....

He is a bunny, which makes it even better. I was drunk when I bought him, so I was drunk when I named him. I have no other explanation.
Reply 388
:gah: It's such a good toy for them. Mine also has some big fluffy yellow toy chicks. They're his friends :h:

:awesome:

Ozzy's besotted with his bell :h:
My two cats are:
Ozzy - named by an old friend, because she was obsessed with Ozzy Osborne. Also known as Oz, Ozboz, Ozzycat, Oswald, Oswaldtwistle (It's a town in Lancashire if you're wondering!)

Manson - was an ex girlfriend's cat. AKA Monkeyman.

Odd that both my cats happen to have rock star names, despite being named by different people...
My first cat (RIP) was Snuff. Named after the 90s punk band.

Ozzy on left, Manson on right.
Original post by Nut.
:awesome:

Ozzy's besotted with his bell :h:

Ahh, how sweet. I miss my birdie seeing as I'm at uni now :frown:
Reply 391
Love this thread!

My Afghan hound is called Cleo. But she more often gets called Cloppy. To be honest I don't know why. She's completely insane though, but that's by the by.

Also, had 2 goldfish called Audrey (as in Hepburn I guess) and Feeesh.

My auntie also has an Afghan called Panther. I wanted to mention that because it's clearly awesome.
Original post by cloppy
Love this thread!

My Afghan hound is called Cleo. But she more often gets called Cloppy. To be honest I don't know why. She's completely insane though, but that's by the by.

Also, had 2 goldfish called Audrey (as in Hepburn I guess) and Feeesh.

My auntie also has an Afghan called Panther. I wanted to mention that because it's clearly awesome.

Haha i like Feeesh! :tongue:

I haven't named my sea-monkeys... i'm not sure i'd be able to tell them apart..
if i ever get a male cat i'll call him mr. Bottemsly like the cat in that Frasier episode :tongue:
My pug is called George. I didn't get to choose his name because he was given to me by a family friend when he was four years old, and it wouldn't be right to change it after so long. His name does suit him very well, though.

My cat was called Mitch originally (no real thought behind that name to be honest), but now he only responds to the name 'Moo'. He's a very strange cat.
Reply 394
Original post by strawhat
What is your pet's name? (Why did you choose that name?)

Love. Because once I met her, I fell in love completely. She was this little baby, always in need of care and attention.... She's the most needy and lovable cat ever, I usually say even though she's a cat, she behaves like a dog, so, yeah, even now the name suits her perfectly. :smile:
My dog is called Cariad.

My older sister was absolutely determined to give her a Welsh name, it could have been worse. She may have ended up as Blodwin.
Reply 396
Ahh, how sweet. I miss my birdie seeing as I'm at uni now :frown:

Same :frown:

Although when I phone home my parents put the phone near his cage and he talks to it (we've taught him to say "Good boy", "what are you doing?", "my name is Ozzy", "hello" and "I am a good boy".
:biggrin:

I still sometimes find myself walking into my uni kitchen and almost talking as though he's in the room :colondollar:
Reply 397
My cat's name is Leo, however, he's black and white so it doesn't really fits. His nickname is Rooney* (he's fat and dirty and aggressive and he likes playing with a football, a small and soft one for cats).
*I am Manchester United fan though...
Leo, it was his name when we got him as a puppy and it just suited him, he's a westie and with his fur round his head looking like a mane he looks very like a white lion
That's so weird, didn't even read the post above properly either!

Quick Reply

Latest