The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes, I will update when I know. Thank you to everyone who replied.
Reply 21
Ok, just thought I'd update you on what happened.
I found out today that I did have a miscarriage. I'm not sure how I'm feeling right now, just numb really.
I haven't told anyone what's happened to me and I still need to tell my ex boyfriend (We split up recently because it was a long-distance relationship and wasn't really working out as we didn't see each other enough). We are still close and have the same feelings as before but I'm scared to tell him. Of course he deserves to know but I'm worried that once he finds out things will be awkward between us. I also don't know how to go about telling him. I'm at home from uni now and could see him but we haven't met up since we split and I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to tell him to his face because I can see myself breaking down in front of him and right now I'm trying to stay strong. But it's not exactly the sort of thing I can say in a text or on msn. I could phone I suppose but I don't just want to ring him out of the blue and tell him this. I've got to tell him soon though because I'm worried that he may be angry if I leave it a while before telling him.
Reply 22
Anonymous
Ok, just thought I'd update you on what happened.
I found out today that I did have a miscarriage. I'm not sure how I'm feeling right now, just numb really.
I haven't told anyone what's happened to me and I still need to tell my ex boyfriend (We split up recently because it was a long-distance relationship and wasn't really working out as we didn't see each other enough). We are still close and have the same feelings as before but I'm scared to tell him. Of course he deserves to know but I'm worried that once he finds out things will be awkward between us. I also don't know how to go about telling him. I'm at home from uni now and could see him but we haven't met up since we split and I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to tell him to his face because I can see myself breaking down in front of him and right now I'm trying to stay strong. But it's not exactly the sort of thing I can say in a text or on msn. I could phone I suppose but I don't just want to ring him out of the blue and tell him this. I've got to tell him soon though because I'm worried that he may be angry if I leave it a while before telling him.
I'm sorry to hear that *hugs* I know it doens't necesarily sound like what you want to do right now but I would tell him a soon as you can - Im female but I know that if I was male I'd want to know even if we were split up..........definitely do it face to face..................MSN/TPhone/text is not the way to hear about such things...............can you tell your mum first........................it would help you to have someone to talk to right now and maybe she can advise you on a way to tell him*hugs again*
Reply 23
It's a very strange situation for you to be in, to have miscarried before you even knew you were pregnant, and therefore to have to deal with both those pieces of information at once. If you had found out you were pregnant, what would you have done?

This must have come as a huge shock to you, so I really think you need some support from someone. Your ex will need to know, but he doesn't have to be the first - how about a friend or your mum, so you can talk it through and sort it out in your own mind before you tell him?
Reply 24
JackieS
I'm sorry to hear that *hugs* I know it doens't necesarily sound like what you want to do right now but I would tell him straight away - Im female but I know that if I was male I'd want to know even if we were split up..........definitely do it face to face..................MSN/TPhone/text is not the way to hear about such things...............can you tell your mum........................it would help you to have someone to talk to right now *hugs again*

Thank you. No I don't think I can tell my mum. I'd like to but she's got a lot on her mind at the moment and she already worries so much about me so I don't want to cause her any further concern. I think I will tell one of my close friends what has happened so that I can talk to someone about it. I think I'm going to tell him in a text that I need to meet up with him to talk about something. I just need to think carefully about things and sort my head out before I tell him because I don't know how I'm going to tell him this.
Reply 25
I went through a very similar thing and when i told my doc about it, she thought i might have had a miscarriage, so it's possible that's what's happened to you too. Go see your GP, they should be able to help.

Sorry...i didn't read your most recent post. Duh! I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time *great big squeezy hug!*.
Reply 26
Anonymous
Thank you. No I don't think I can tell my mum. I'd like to but she's got a lot on her mind at the moment and she already worries so much about me so I don't want to cause her any further concern. I think I will tell one of my close friends what has happened so that I can talk to someone about it. I think I'm going to tell him in a text that I need to meet up with him to talk about something. I just need to think carefully about things and sort my head out before I tell him because I don't know how I'm going to tell him this.

well I think you definitely need to talk to someone and if you're totally sure you can't speak to your mum then perhaps a close friend is the right way to go................or perhaps anothe relative you're close to? Aunt, grandma etc.........................
Reply 27
Helenia
It's a very strange situation for you to be in, to have miscarried before you even knew you were pregnant, and therefore to have to deal with both those pieces of information at once. If you had found out you were pregnant, what would you have done?

This must have come as a huge shock to you, so I really think you need some support from someone. Your ex will need to know, but he doesn't have to be the first - how about a friend or your mum, so you can talk it through and sort it out in your own mind before you tell him?

I think if I had known I was pregnant then I would have been inclined to keep the baby. It probably wouldn't have been practical with me being in my first year at university but to be honest I hadn't given it much thought. I did discuss it briefly with my ex boyfriend a while ago and he thought that the best thing for me, had I been pregnant, would have been to have an abortion because he thought I would be missing out on too much and he knows how much getting my degree means to me.

I think I will speak to my friend about it tomorrow and then tell him afterwards. She should be able to help me get my head around it a bit better. I just hope he won't feel offended that I haven't told him straight away.
Reply 28
Anonymous
I think if I had known I was pregnant then I would have been inclined to keep the baby. It probably wouldn't have been practical with me being in my first year at university but to be honest I hadn't given it much thought. I did discuss it briefly with my ex boyfriend a while ago and he thought that the best thing for me, had I been pregnant, would have been to have an abortion because he thought I would be missing out on too much and he knows how much getting my degree means to me.

I think I will speak to my friend about it tomorrow and then tell him afterwards. She should be able to help me get my head around it a bit better. I just hope he won't feel offended that I haven't told him straight away.
I'm sure he won't............................to find out you were expecting and not expecting at the same time is a very hard concept to deal with and like you said I think its important you get your head round it before you can explain it to someone else. I'm sure he'll be supportive. Good luck xxx
Reply 29
hope u r ok. keep strong x x x
Good luck with everything xx
Just keep your head up and dont dwell on how things might have been. Everything happens for a reason and it just seems that now isn't the right time for you to have a baby. It is in no way your fault - most miscarriages happen in the first three months and are entirely natural.
Tell your boyfriend and one of your close friends because you will need somebody to lean on for a while. Just remember, it wasn't your fault. Maybe you do something in memory of the - well i hesitate to use the word baby because you were only a month (?) or so pregnant and so it wasn't really a baby yet, just an egg - of your pregnancy, plant something or bury something and light some candles, just to have a sense of release.
I feel awful for you, one of my friends recently had a miscarriage (she was 17) and had only just found out that she was pregnant. Something very good came out of it though - she came to church and became a christian. I guess she just realised at that point that there was something more to life. Plus I think that the main parts of the christian faith are very comforting to somebody who is dealing with a loss.
Reply 32
Thank you to everyone who has replied.
Your kind words have meant a lot to me. I've told my ex boyfriend now and he's being really supportive. I don't feel so alone now.
Thank you again.
Reply 33
Yes, I think I am probably in shock. It hasn't quite sunk in yet. Thank you, I will PM if I need to.
Reply 34
hope you are ok.

glad your bloke is decent enough to be supportive.

rubbish timing for something like this...
Reply 35
Tell me about it. It couldn't really have come at a worse time for me.
Thank you for your reply.
Reply 36
awww its horrid isn;t it i had one in the summer and my best mate did as well

funnily enough we both said we had no pain only i had abit but i just gathered it was pms

i didn;t tell my ex though he didn't need to know he would have only lashed out!!
but i understand what you are going through hun and i hope that you feel better and its nice to have a supportive person thats really sweet i think,

if you need to talk to anyone then feel free to PM me okies!
xx
Reply 37
Laursy
awww its horrid isn;t it i had one in the summer and my best mate did as well

funnily enough we both said we had no pain only i had abit but i just gathered it was pms

i didn;t tell my ex though he didn't need to know he would have only lashed out!!
but i understand what you are going through hun and i hope that you feel better and its nice to have a supportive person thats really sweet i think,

if you need to talk to anyone then feel free to PM me okies!
xx

I'm sorry to hear that you have also gone through the same thing.
Thank you, I will PM later on if I need to.
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you manage to cope ok. I just thought I would let you know about the Miscarriage Association, if you havent already heard of it. If you feel you might want to talk to someone out of your social circuit and with some knowledge about it, you could call them, their helpline number is 01924 200 799 and they also have a website, www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk contacting them may help you to understand a bit better what has happened and how you feel about it.

Best of Luck, Take Care :smile:
Reply 39
pattirudi23
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you manage to cope ok. I just thought I would let you know about the Miscarriage Association, if you havent already heard of it. If you feel you might want to talk to someone out of your social circuit and with some knowledge about it, you could call them, their helpline number is 01924 200 799 and they also have a website, www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk contacting them may help you to understand a bit better what has happened and how you feel about it.

Best of Luck, Take Care :smile:

Thank you for that, I will check out the link.

Latest