The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has our match been shown on motd today yet?
Reply 1781
**** me, just one of those days.

so many chances, we need another striker ****ing hell.
Ba is carrying the team through his goals.
Reply 1782
Swansea had like one chance, piss-poor.
We looked so strong, how didn't we win that match?
Reply 1784
Original post by Chriswuk
Were you watching the same game as me? I thought both Tiote and Cabaye played well. Tiote did seem to be knackered by the end though and he should have been subbed earlier but apart from that..

Main problem was we weren't clinical enough.

Tiote wasn't up to his usual standards. Sloppier in possession and gave the ball away in dangerous areas too many times.

Cabaye played well but at times his set pieces were dire.

Santon was brilliant and surprisingly I thought James Perch had quite a good game.

First half Obertan looked dangerous especially when running at the full back but second half he was frustrating. I think Pardew needs to give him clear instructions to run at and beat his man more often. When he tries to do that he looks a handy player, when he doesn't he looks utter ****e.
Reply 1785
The pieces are largely there, just need another striker and a winger to replace Squidward.

Barnetta and Giroud please.
kthx.
Original post by TM94
The pieces are largely there, just need another striker and a winger to replace Squidward.

Barnetta and Giroud please.
kthx.

If we get Barnetta I'll chop my finger off.
Reply 1787
Original post by KingGoonIan
If we get Barnetta I'll chop my finger off.

I would probably masturbate.

Just kidding

Spoiler

I was at work all day today and missed watching the game live, but I just finished watching it now thanks to the magical power of the Internet.

What a maddening game. It's so clichéd to say "oh, we definitely deserved that win" but come on--how do you not beat a team with 0 shots on target? I don't want to criticize the wingers and strikers because I genuinely think they played well, certainly well enough to score a goal. We'll just have to chalk it up to the oft-stated "it just wasn't our day".

Also, Tioté, as much as I love the guy, has clearly missed a beat. He was painfully average and fouled people all over the place (4 fouls I think it was). Some dangerous giveaways too but I'm nitpicking. The game stats speak for themselves.
Reply 1789
Original post by I Kant Spall
I was at work all day today and missed watching the game live, but I just finished watching it now thanks to the magical power of the Internet.

What a maddening game. It's so clichéd to say "oh, we definitely deserved that win" but come on--how do you not beat a team with 0 shots on target? I don't want to criticize the wingers and strikers because I genuinely think they played well, certainly well enough to score a goal. We'll just have to chalk it up to the oft-stated "it just wasn't our day".

Also, Tioté, as much as I love the guy, has clearly missed a beat. He was painfully average and fouled people all over the place (4 fouls I think it was). Some dangerous giveaways too but I'm nitpicking. The game stats speak for themselves.

There was also one tackle he made, the lad skipped out the way, where he could've walked if he'd caught him.
Original post by TCD23
Obertan wasn't that bad at all, I don't know why people keep slagging him off.

But Pards has got to be one of the worst managers for subs. Bringing Shola on? When we have Ben Arfa?:confused:

Remembered reading this comment and just read this, thought I'd share it with ya. Might answer yours and other people's questions:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-must-raise-his-game-to-get-back-into-the-side-warns-Alan-Pardew-article844720.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Original post by KingGoonIan
Remembered reading this comment and just read this, thought I'd share it with ya. Might answer yours and other people's questions:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-must-raise-his-game-to-get-back-into-the-side-warns-Alan-Pardew-article844720.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm starting to doubt Alan's grip on sanity. How the hell is Shola still in the first team then. Plus it's hard to raise your game, when you're manager plays you against the three toughest teams, then puts you on the subs bench when it comes to a match when you could actually do something. :confused:
Reply 1792
Mbagia must be really ****ed if you won' take a punt on his medical record when you have Marveux and Ba.
Reply 1793
Original post by I Kant Spall

Saying that we have had plenty of days where we didn't necessarily deserve anything and yet we've managed a draw or a win. QPR game comes to mind off the top of my head. I guess it evens itself out across the season.
Reply 1794
Original post by L18
Mbagia must be really ****ed if you won' take a punt on his medical record when you have Marveux and Ba.

Ba & Marveux were free transfers with pay as you play initiatives built into the contract along with little signing on fees.

Mbaigia was costing £7m with more than £35k a week wages and a hefty signing on fee....
Loving the spellings of Maiga

Who do you guys want to see in midfield today instead of Cabaye?

I personally want to see Vukcic and think he will be the one to play.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1796
Original post by Chriswuk
Loving the spellings of Maiga

Who do you guys want to see in midfield today instead of Cabaye?

I personally want to see Vukcic and think he will be the one to play.

It'll definitely be Vuckic, I reckon thats why he was brought on on Saturday instead of HBA.
Original post by -Matty-
It'll definitely be Vuckic, I reckon thats why he was brought on on Saturday instead of HBA.

Could also be Abeid perhaps.
The team (IMO)

Krul
Santon Coloccini Williamson/Perch Simpson
Gutierrez Vuckic Tiote Obertan
Best Ba

Not going to watch the game, going to Fulham vs Manchester United :awesome:
And they've scored FFS Pards.

Latest