The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Selkarn
I'm from, live, and study in the UK. She's from the other side of the world (China) and also studies in the UK. We've talked for months online and have really hit it off. It's actually been a bit one-sided in that she's the one with the blatant romantic interest (don't get me wrong, I am interested too), but she's really direct about it. I think, if things worked out, we could both seriously spend the rest of our lives together!

Anyway, there's just so many things going on that it's difficult to comprehend really:

She only studies in the UK and has no right to stay here after that (I don't think).

We're obviously from hugely different cultures (she's actually from an obviously hugely affluent family in China, I'm just a working class guy).

She's in her 20s and has never even kissed someone (for reasons of tradition/modesty), I'm not a manwhore but have had sex etc

She says she wouldn't have sex before marriage but seems prepared to make me the exception.. which is good.

I've never met someone up I've met purely over the internet before. I'm not socially great and would imagine it could be quite awkward.

We study hundreds of miles apart.. so it would be an LDR..

There's no clarity in our relationship. We're obviously hugely flirty and we have even talked about getting married.. o.O but we're nothing.

So yeah, I don't know what to do! We are definitely planning on meeting up - any advice for when that happens?
Should I maybe ask her to be my girlfriend the next time we chat?
(TMI alert) She also keeps wanting to have cyber sex on webcam, but to me this doesn't really seem like a good foundation from which to start a relationship so I keep refusing, lol.

So you guys are into Light Dependent reaction?
Reply 21
cyber sex wow you are a troll
Original post by Selkarn
It's just as a light hearted joke, haha.

I talked with her on the phone today.. so she's not a faker, lol.

(TMI alert) she really wants to "cyber".. that is, see each other naked on the internet, etc.. but I'm not sure that's a good idea, lol. Wouldn't it make it more awkward for when (if) you ever meet up?

If you don't do it, you're clearly gay... jussayin
Reply 23
Original post by MissSBx

Er, what?
Original post by kaylafrances
Definately don't ask her to be your gf before you've met, she could be a nightmare and sounds like she could be quite clingy.

Hi
Original post by MissSBx

No

Latest

Trending

Trending