The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I think you only get the questionnaire if you've applied for Economics (L101), Economics with Economic History (L1V3) or Econometrics & Mathematical Economics (L140). They're the only options you can tick on the form.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 781
I applied to LSE to study Economics.

I got a questionnaire yesterday.

Is that common and what does it mean in terms of recieving a offer or not.
Original post by mohaa020
I applied to LSE to study Economics.

I got a questionnaire yesterday.

Is that common and what does it mean in terms of recieving a offer or not.

I've applied for Economics as well but haven't got one... if you don't mind me asking, what are your GCSEs/Predicted Grades?

:smile:
Reply 783
Has anyone applying for economics and economic history got a questionnaire?
Reply 784
Original post by MWM
I think we won't be getting any econ offers until after 25th November as that is the deadline on the additional questionnaire.

agreed. that totally sucks though, wish they'd just put us out of our misery right?
Reply 785
Original post by daniiibrains
i've applied for economics as well but haven't got one... If you don't mind me asking, what are your gcses/predicted grades?

7a's 4b's 3c's

a-levels predicted 3a's and 1b

chosen subjects at a-level

maths,ict,hist,eng lang lit

what other unis have you applied for?
Original post by Minz211
Has anyone applying for economics and economic history got a questionnaire?

I havent...i applied for vl31
Reply 787
I completed my questionnaire earlier on today,it took me half hour lol trying to put unit codes and scores.will wait and see what happens from now
Original post by llama67
agreed. that totally sucks though, wish they'd just put us out of our misery right?

Doesn't mean there won't be rejections...
I've applied for Economics as well but haven't got one... if you don't mind me asking, what are your GCSEs/Predicted Grades?

I got the Questionnaire, I have 10A*s (GCSE) and predicted 4 A*s at A-Level, if that's any help.

But don't think it's on grades/strength of candidate.
Original post by Delilah234
So I got the questionnaire and don't see how it would affect my chances.. Is it a good or bad sign that i got one?? So stresssed.. People are saying they got rejections from LSE. :s-smilie:

Good sign!
Reply 791
are most students at lse internationals and whats the sporting facilities like at the uni
Reply 792
Original post by WalkerPrince
Good sign!

I didn't get a questionnaire, are you saying that it is a bad sign? :frown:
Reply 793

If lse are asking for ums, it can be assumed that they're not fussed about predicted grades as long as it meets the entry requirement.

Also you shouldnt be too worried about competition as you've already got a good enough set of gcses and have A* in Maths, what did you get out of 600 altogether and out of 200 between C3 and C4?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 794
International students shouldn't be worried if they aren't getting the questionnaire, I can't fine one international on TSR who has got the questionnaire.
I applied for the Economics course.
Doing the European Baccalaureate...
Average: 90%
Economics: 95%
Maths, Geography, Physics: 90%

I sent my application off around 5 weeks ago...but I didn't get a questionnaire?! Should I get one?
Original post by Nadine10
I didn't get a questionnaire, are you saying that it is a bad sign? :frown:

You haven't been rejected!

Good sign!

You'll get it soon, don't worry!

(Unless you're an International, then it's clearly not for you)
Original post by WalkerPrince
I got the Questionnaire, I have 10A*s (GCSE) and predicted 4 A*s at A-Level, if that's any help.

But don't think it's on grades/strength of candidate.

Well done on your results! and thanks for replying :smile: I have same predicted grades, but only 7A*s 3As at GCSE (you know you're applying for LSE when 'only' comes before 7A*s haha)

Original post by funkydee
If lse are asking for ums, it can be assumed that they're not fussed about predicted grades as long as it meets the entry requirement.

Also you shouldnt be too worried about competition as you've already got a good enough set of gcses and have A* in Maths, what did you get out of 600 altogether and out of 200 between C3 and C4?

That is a fair point, but still... any reason to stress out :wink:

As for my maths scores, I have 532/600 for the A level and 190/200 for C3 and C4 :smile:
Reply 798
Original post by mohaa020
are most students at lse internationals and whats the sporting facilities like at the uni

Hiya! I'm currently a first year here at LSE and I'm an international myself. That being said, there aren't AS many as people make out to be. In fact, all my close friends are British, and most of the people on my course are British as well. LSE is one of the most international schools in the UK, but there are very many UK students. Also, we have a gym in the bottom of the Old Building (I have rowing training there every Monday), and we also have badminton courts and such around the corner from the gym. We have an SU gym, but it's not very well equipped so most people tend to go for places around their halls. If you decide to do a sport at LSE, each of the teams has various locations that they go for training and matches, so it all depends really. If you're looking for a pool, ULU has one in their building, which is about a 25 minute walk from campus up to Bloomsbury.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 799
Original post by avash27
Hiya! I'm currently a first year here at LSE and I'm an international myself. That being said, there aren't AS many as people make out to be. In fact, all my close friends are British, and most of the people on my course are British as well. LSE is one of the most international schools in the UK, but there are very many UK students. Also, we have a gym in the bottom of the Old Building (I have rowing training there every Monday), and we also have badminton courts and such around the corner from the gym. We have an SU gym, but it's not very well equipped so most people tend to go for places around their halls. If you decide to do a sport at LSE, each of the teams has various locations that they go for training and matches, so it all depends really. If you're looking for a pool, ULU has one in their building, which is about a 25 minute walk from campus up to Bloomsbury.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Whats City life like and how are you finding your first year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending