The Student Room Group

Is an A-B in GCSE Maths still good :(

I was aiming for an A*, Revising my butt off to get an A* and reach my predicted grade only to find that these papers were p**s hard especially the non calc, todays was easier but still...

Now I keep thinking that the worst case scenario will be that I get a B and that stresses me out...

I don't mind an A... so if I get that I'll be alright...but im fearing results day, looking at 'Mathematics' to find a big fat B...buzzing infront of my eyes (pun intended)

Im dying to know the boundaries..but we will never know until results day.

By the way.. I put my trust in God (swt).
But I just felt like ranting for some reason.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Saif95
I was aiming for an A*, Revising my butt off to get an A* and reach my predicted grade only to find that these papers were p**s hard especially the non calc, todays was easier but still...

Now I keep thinking that the worst case scenario will be that I get a B and that stresses me out...

I don't mind an A... so if I get that I'll be alright...but im fearing results day, looking at 'Mathematics' to find a big fat B...buzzing infront of my eyes (pun intended)

Lol bro you need to relax, nothing more you can do now except sit and wait.

Good luck though
An A-B is perfectly fine, I got a B in GCSE (B in A-level) and I'm now doing a Biochemistry degree so it definitely isn't a bad thing. But I'm sure you'll do fine anyway :smile:
Reply 3
An A/B is fine, jeez. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
A/B is fine. Aim for an A/A* at A-Level - that grade matters a lot more than GCSE
Reply 5
I'd be jumping with joy if I got a A/B but thats just me :tongue:
Original post by Saif95

You should trust yourself more! Everyone feels like this fresh out of the Exam, myself included. For refrance when I did GCSE, I was convinved I had a C in French, and a B in german, and a B in biology. I ended up with BAA* respectivly. In my other exams I achived what I had thought I had after the exam.

My point is I did better in 3 exams, and the same in all the others that I thought. The same with alot of my friends. Everyone feels this way! Dont worry, you will probably get at least an A (and possibly an A*), but if you dont get an A*, what does it matter, its not the end of the world.
You definitely shouldn't be commenting on today's edexcel paper until tomorrow but an A/B is fine unless you want to continue maths at A-Level, in which case an A should be easy or you are probably going to struggle at A-Level
Reply 9
You worked HARD so at least you know you gave it your best. BTW I found it hard to. :eek:
Reply 10
No, an A-B is completely awful, and a sure sign that you will die alone and unemployed... :confused: Obviously not - that's a good grade, hardly the end of the world. I know how you feel though, I'm kind of in the same situation, it's just unlucky they were difficult this year :frown: Still, happy with an A and wouldn't mind a B :biggrin:
Reply 11
Chill. At least you seem pretty confident that you have passed. An A or a B in Maths is absolutely fine. Your A levels are way more important so don't worry about it.
Reply 12
i went for an A* dunno how i did. some silly mistakes...mite (hopefully!!!) get 84 on average over both papers and hopefully the boundaries will be low so it will work in my favour. results day is either gonna be a big WIN or a big FAIL!
omg! you spoke my mind!
I'm scared I'm gonna get a B but that's cos if I get less than an A I won't get an iPad for my birthday. :frown:
Reply 15
Aslong as you get what you need for the next step in your education who gives a ****. (also don't put your trust in god, that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week, and it's been a crazy week.)
Reply 16
Original post by Bami Jolaoso
I'm scared I'm gonna get a B but that's cos if I get less than an A I won't get an iPad for my birthday. :frown:

you think you got it bad? if i dont get an A* i can say goodbye to my ps3, and to a long and happy summer... and to £100
I don't get why people are being bribed for doing well in exams. Surely that is just terrible parenting because you are working for the wrong reasons?
If everyone else found the paper hard the grade boundaries will probably be lower and therefore you might be scaled up to a better grade. Don't forget you're being judged against the rest of the country, and there are some right thickos around. Easy to forget.
Reply 19
I would be more than happy with an A or B in Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending