The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Accalia
Yes :tongue: I seem to genuinely forget my age. Went to the cinema yesterday to see Bridesmaids and was worrying about being asked for proof of age... and then I realised I was 17.

haha its a really weird feeling isnt it! haha
Reply 1581
Original post by BeccaCath94
:O :O that is v v scary!!! Yes i still cant picture myself at uni and havent really been away from family for more than a few days before so a few years could be interesting!!!
I want to go back to primary school!!

haha i literally got so scared when i thought about it i got really scared, its a bizarre feeling! oh yes, i miss the days of learning the primary colours and two times table! where did they go?!
Reply 1582
Original post by .snowflake.
Did you like lincoln on the open day?

yeah i actually loved it! everything is close by, the atmosphere i got there was lovely, the course had everything i wanted and the tutors were nice, it is definatly going to be top of my list! i honestly don't know where else i want to be though!
Original post by Leaaa_xx
yeah i actually loved it! everything is close by, the atmosphere i got there was lovely, the course had everything i wanted and the tutors were nice, it is definatly going to be top of my list! i honestly don't know where else i want to be though!

Personally, I thought the city was lovely. The uni... not my cup of tea. Too much glass.
Reply 1584
Original post by .snowflake.
Personally, I thought the city was lovely. The uni... not my cup of tea. Too much glass.

haha personal opinions, i loved the layout of the university and the buildings, i think it is because there is such a difference between the buildings in the city, and then the new buildings of the university :}
Original post by Beebumble
It's a bit weird for me because I left school at 16 and have been in a college full of people a lot older than me. I never done 'A' levels went straight down the vocational route.

I keep forgetting you guys are still at school that just seems so alien to me going straight from school into Uni with no in between. Even though it was only a couple of years ago I've completely changed my mind on what I want to do with my life since I've finished school.

Does that make sense? It does to me probably not to anyone else.:biggrin:

I'm at college, which does vocational courses mainly but also a few A Levels (I'm doing A Levels), and I like the fact that we get a lot more freedom at college, I think it's preparing us well for University, which is what the college say they're aiming to do.
My next open day is 20th August :tongue: good thing really, I'm so busy the next few weeks. Got an open-air show to raise money for charity, and then I'm auditioning for a musical :awesome:
Original post by madders94
My next open day is 20th August :tongue: good thing really, I'm so busy the next few weeks. Got an open-air show to raise money for charity, and then I'm auditioning for a musical :awesome:

That's certainly busier than I'll be. What musical, if you don't mind me asking?

I've auditioned for a musical, ended up with Understudy pitti-sing for the mikado. should be a giggle.
Original post by Accalia
That's certainly busier than I'll be. What musical, if you don't mind me asking?

It's a new one, being written especially for this production :smile: it's being produced by Russell Grant, not entirely sure what it entails so far but I've been registered for it with my theatre group so it should be exciting :smile:

I'm also the ringmistress in the circus section of our open-air show which we're doing on the promenade and beach of where I live, and acting in a few sketches :smile:
It's a new one, being written especially for this production :smile: it's being produced by Russell Grant, not entirely sure what it entails so far but I've been registered for it with my theatre group so it should be exciting :smile:

I'm also the ringmistress in the circus section of our open-air show which we're doing on the promenade and beach of where I live, and acting in a few sketches :smile:

Russell Grant the astrologer??
How are peoples ps coming along?
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Russell Grant the astrologer??

That's the badger. Also an actor, although not many people tend to know that (but if you speak to him, he will not let you forget :facepalm2: )
Original post by cpdavis

Haven't even started :sad2: I'm not going to bother starting until this weekend, going to enjoy my birthday, We Will Rock You and Harry Potter first :awesome:
Reply 1594
I am hoping to study Economics and Politics.
That's the badger. Also an actor, although not many people tend to know that (but if you speak to him, he will not let you forget :facepalm2: )

Gosh, that sounds interesting! Presumably he can tell if the whole thing's going to be a big success! And presumably it is, or he wouldn't be bothering! Good luck.:smile:
Reply 1596
Does unis usually host open days in late october? I'm going on a school trip in London around that time, and might have an opportunity to take a short trip to for instance Essex...

ÆDIT:
Original post by cpdavis

Mine is starting to look like something now, at least. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Gosh, that sounds interesting! Presumably he can tell if the whole thing's going to be a big success! And presumably it is, or he wouldn't be bothering! Good luck.:smile:

I hope so, I've worked with him before on a musical when I was about 13, unfortunately it folded because many people weren't turning up to rehearsals. I'm hoping this will work out, it's a musical called "Bliss" and it's about a Liverpuddlian family as Beatlemania becomes Abbamania in the 60s/70s. I'm looking forwards to using a Liverpool accent :awesome:
I hope so, I've worked with him before on a musical when I was about 13, unfortunately it folded because many people weren't turning up to rehearsals. I'm hoping this will work out, it's a musical called "Bliss" and it's about a Liverpuddlian family as Beatlemania becomes Abbamania in the 60s/70s. I'm looking forwards to using a Liverpool accent :awesome:

I'm in awe of anyone who can do accents. I have one: a vague attempt at a non-specific American accent which I use when reading Of Mice and Men and To Kill A Mockingbird. The year I had a Texan student in the class was a bit grim. I thought he was going to pass out through hyperventilating whilst trying to suppress his laughter....:redface:

:lol:

Original post by stifa
Does unis usually host open days in late october? I'm going on a school trip in London around that time, and might have an opportunity to take a short trip to for instance Essex...

ÆDIT:

Mine is starting to look like something now, at least. :smile:

If you just want to take a look around you can turn up whenever you want.

Latest

Trending

Trending