The Student Room Group

NHS Couch to 5k - Fitness Phobes Anonymous

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dusky Mauve
I know! I'm using it to try and get my stamina up, it's embarrassingly poor at the moment!

I did have one run where I had to quit early cos I kept getting cramp in my calves, hopefully that won't happen again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine's the same! I made sure I did Week 1 for a 4th time just because I really want to make sure I can get every one 100% in the bag rather than starting a new week unconfident with the previous one.

Hopefully :smile: Week 2 is better though, all the starting and stopping in week 1 is a bit of a pain. I'm already thinking about the last run of week 5 though - going for 20 minutes non-stop after only going for 5 minutes maximum non-stop before sounds like a nightmare right now!
I can't run at the moment because I've hurt my ankle, so after Easter I'll probably be using the podcasts to get me back on the wagon!
Original post by AspiringDoctor
Is anyone doing this? I'm on W2D2

I was supposed to do W2D2 today but my app just failed on me for some reason! Got up early and went out to begin my warm up, and 2 songs later I still hadn't got the cue to run. Normally I get it about halfway through the second song, so I checked my phone and I was supposed to be halfway through the running section! So I rewound it back and started running, and 2 minutes later I checked my phone thinking "this is the longest 90 seconds of my life" and I should have been 30 seconds into the walking interval. Tried turning off my music, reinstalling the app - nothing. It just wouldn't tell me when to start and stop. So I gave up and came home :tongue: I'll mess around with it later and try to get it to work - it was working fine 2 days ago so I don't understand it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm on Week 6 run 2

I can run them pretty easily now if I really take it slow and can push myself for at leafs 10 mins. I use Nike+ app to track my times, distances etc its really good. I wasn't a total wreck to start but running has never been my thing and now it feels like my thing :smile:
Original post by AspiringDoctor

Hopefully :smile: Week 2 is better though, all the starting and stopping in week 1 is a bit of a pain. I'm already thinking about the last run of week 5 though - going for 20 minutes non-stop after only going for 5 minutes maximum non-stop before sounds like a nightmare right now!

That's what i thought and it really isn't. My first 3 and 5 min runs were hardest so far I think, once you've got through week 4 you realise you can actually do it and I've overcome the mental block. Trust the programme :smile:
Hello everyone :smile: I have returned back to the gym after nearly two years of slacking! Tomorrow will be my first day of starting c25k! Wish me luck! I am looking forward to it :smile:
Original post by Butterfly92
Hello everyone :smile: I have returned back to the gym after nearly two years of slacking! Tomorrow will be my first day of starting c25k! Wish me luck! I am looking forward to it :smile:

Good luck!:hat:

I'm on week 8 day 2, loving it so far, if you just stick at it you'll be amazed at how long you can run. Just give it your best.
So this morning was my first run of the C25K programme! I'm a 5ft 6 19 year old girl weighing 10 stone 1 pound, so although i'm a healthy weight im incredibly unfit and i would like to lose a bit of flab around my stomach as well.

i used the app on my phone which i found extremely useful as it speaks to you and tells you when to run and when to walk etc. I couldn't complete the whole thing though because i suddenly had an excruciating headache and chest pain :/ but i managed to do about 17 minutes of it. A bit disappointed i couldn't finish it but i'll just need to try harder on saturday morning!
Original post by getfunky!
Good luck!:hat:

I'm on week 8 day 2, loving it so far, if you just stick at it you'll be amazed at how long you can run. Just give it your best.

Hello! Unfortunately I will have to do it tomorrow now because I had to run an errand this morning! I am very annoyed with myself as I was looking forward to it this morning! Tomorrow is happening: gym kit all packed in the car and I will be going there tomorrow before work! Extra workout for missing today :frown:
Original post by Butterfly92
Hello! Unfortunately I will have to do it tomorrow now because I had to run an errand this morning! I am very annoyed with myself as I was looking forward to it this morning! Tomorrow is happening: gym kit all packed in the car and I will be going there tomorrow before work! Extra workout for missing today :frown:

I pulled out at week 7 but it was fab! (i just got bored of listening to their music as week 7 is non stop running...) I can now run over 5k :biggrin: so good luck :smile:
My local council runs a free c25k course, which ends with a load of the graduates going to their first parkrun. Going to sign up for the next wave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to complete the final workout on Wednesday! I can't believe that I have managed to commit to a scheme like this and I also can not wait to complete my final workout despite the weather!
Original post by hawflo
I'm going to complete the final workout on Wednesday! I can't believe that I have managed to commit to a scheme like this and I also can not wait to complete my final workout despite the weather!

Congratulations :smile: I'm on week 9 too but have completed the plan in the past so I know how good it feels. Can't wait to complete it again though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did W5R3 yesterday :biggrin:

I was up to running 5ks (in about 43 minutes) in March of this year, before hurting my ankle and subsequently losing my fitness - and then back up to half an hour runs by the end of August, and then once again letting life get in the way... back on the wagon.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Did W5R3 yesterday :biggrin:

I was up to running 5ks (in about 43 minutes) in March of this year, before hurting my ankle and subsequently losing my fitness - and then back up to half an hour runs by the end of August, and then once again letting life get in the way... back on the wagon.

I had an ankle injury too, they take an age to heal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's too cold to go jogging after school?
Or am I just a wimp?
Original post by Adeel Ali
It's too cold to go jogging after school?
Or am I just a wimp?

It's plenty warm enough once you get moving. I'm usually only cold for a few minutes at most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh OK thanks, I need to set up a scheme.
I really want to get fit and try to tone up in time for summer - I'm going to join a gym but I can only do that when I can drive!
I was wondering if any of you lovely people here have started/completed this programme? If you did you find it effective?
I am new to running btw and want something which will ease me in! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest