The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2013 hopefuls! (again, early...)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Leigh303
I know?! I don't think I did anything wrong, so just a mistake or TSR idiots :rolleyes: took me from 27 rep down to 22.... thanks though :biggrin:

Maybe it was a mistake...or someone has it in for you!
I wish we could see who'd rated us though, so we could return the favour, but then it would kind of defeat the point of 'earning' it and I suppose everyone would be like I'll give you a rep if you give me one.
Reply 381
Original post by Amy7
Maybe it was a mistake...or someone has it in for you!
I wish we could see who'd rated us though, so we could return the favour, but then it would kind of defeat the point of 'earning' it and I suppose everyone would be like I'll give you a rep if you give me one.

haha I obviously have some secret anonymous hater :cool:

I think subscribers can see who gives them rep? but not sure about post ratings... and yeah it would encourage bargaining :tongue: but unnecessary neg reps annoy me soo much!
Reply 382
haha I obviously have some secret anonymous hater :cool:

I think subscribers can see who gives them rep? but not sure about post ratings... and yeah it would encourage bargaining :tongue: but unnecessary neg reps annoy me soo much!

Ahh, well I don't subscribe, I'm too attatched to my money! :rolleyes:
Reply 383
Original post by Amy7
Ahh, well I don't subscribe, I'm too attatched to my money! :rolleyes:

same.. can't see that its worth it!
Am I the only one not taking maths? :P
P.S Does anyone know when we get our official statement of results?
Does anyone know when we get the results of our remarks back? :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 387
I still don't understand all this 'rep' business, how do you view your own /someone else's rep? Dos rep refer to your thumps ups and downs for your posts?
All I know is there always seem to be crazy negging disputes in some of the forums :s-smilie: :L
Reply 388
Original post by EllHv1
I still don't understand all this 'rep' business, how do you view your own /someone else's rep? Dos rep refer to your thumps ups and downs for your posts?
All I know is there always seem to be crazy negging disputes in some of the forums :s-smilie: :L

go on your homepage and you can see it, mine's right at the bottom. other people's shows up as green gems on their post headers, I think 1 rep is 1 gem, 50 reps for 2 etc. i cant remember :L

Yeah, my post earlier where I did a big multi quote type thing got massive negging for no apparent reason... thanks to Amy & another person pos repping me to balance it, but I still went from 27 to 21 rep with no reason. ah well :rolleyes:
Reply 389
go on your homepage and you can see it, mine's right at the bottom. other people's shows up as green gems on their post headers, I think 1 rep is 1 gem, 50 reps for 2 etc. i cant remember :L

Yeah, my post earlier where I did a big multi quote type thing got massive negging for no apparent reason... thanks to Amy & another person pos repping me to balance it, but I still went from 27 to 21 rep with no reason. ah well :rolleyes:

Ohhh ok, thanks :smile:
All the negging and repping just seems to wind people up xD

You have 2 negs for that post, btw :s-smilie: Can't think why it deserves neg rep. I just +ive repped it, though :smile:
Crazy how such a neutral post is causing all this hype :L
Reply 390
Original post by EllHv1
Ohhh ok, thanks :smile:
All the negging and repping just seems to wind people up xD

You have 2 negs for that post, btw :s-smilie: Can't think why it deserves neg rep. I just +ive repped it, though :smile:
Crazy how such a neutral post is causing all this hype :L

I know, and for some reason it took my neg down by about 7! I think maybe when people have lots of rep, the rep they give takes more away from me... if that makes sense.

Aw thankyou! haha, yeah ive had it before, just petty stuff. (although it just occurred to me that some idiots thought when I said "mad cow" I was referring to Amy or something, instead of the disease. :rolleyes: its the only thing that could even be construed (stupidly) as offensive, but not in that context!!
Reply 391
I know, and for some reason it took my neg down by about 7! I think maybe when people have lots of rep, the rep they give takes more away from me... if that makes sense.

Aw thankyou! haha, yeah ive had it before, just petty stuff. (although it just occurred to me that some idiots thought when I said "mad cow" I was referring to Amy or something, instead of the disease. :rolleyes: its the only thing that could even be construed (stupidly) as offensive, but not in that context!!

Haha yup, mad cow, that's me! :biggrin:

Original post by alizasauras
Am I the only one not taking maths? :P

I'm not! YAAAY. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 392
Original post by Amy7

I'm not! YAAAY. :smile:

You guys are totally missing out......:rolleyes:

I for one cannot hold in the excitement!......:rolleyes::colone:
Reply 393
Original post by EllHv1
You guys are totally missing out......:rolleyes:

I for one cannot hold in the excitement!......:rolleyes::colone:

I bet we are :wink: Well do keep us non-mathlings updated on your thrilling adventures into the deep and scary forest that is A-level maths!
I'm not jealous, my maths friends spend all their frees discussing it! ...And crying... I joke I joke, they don't actually cry!
But they do enjoy it though, despite the fact it's a little tricky, you guys will enjoy it too I'm sure!
To be honest my maths friends that don't do physics say we're exactly the same with out physics homework-discussing it all frees!
Reply 394
Original post by Amy7
I bet we are :wink: Well do keep us non-mathlings updated on your thrilling adventures into the deep and scary forest that is A-level maths!
I'm not jealous, my maths friends spend all their frees discussing it! ...And crying... I joke I joke, they don't actually cry!
But they do enjoy it though, despite the fact it's a little tricky, you guys will enjoy it too I'm sure!
To be honest my maths friends that don't do physics say we're exactly the same with out physics homework-discussing it all frees!

For flip's sake, don't worry the hell out of me even more! :eek: :tongue:

I'm really nervous about A levels. If I'm honest I'm rather envious of your 3 year a-level system; doing GCSEs in year 10 seems comfortable enough and from what I've heard about the horrors of A-Levels, an extra year would go down extremely well. :rolleyes:
Just generally anxious about their difficulty, the post-GCSE jump, and the overall workload (art, too for me :s-smilie:)
What also concerns me is teachers have said they always saw me reading english at Oxford or something, and in fact my latin teacher said he was surprised I wasn't going down the 'English Lit, Latin, other humanities..' route for my A-Levels. It seems really weird, because I'm going to miss those subjects a lot. :s-smilie:

I won't be getting any free periods, either .. :rolleyes: :frown:

Haha thanks, I hope I can at least try to enjoy it all! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by EllHv1

I'm really nervous about A levels. If I'm honest I'm rather envious of your 3 year a-level system; doing GCSEs in year 10 seems comfortable enough and from what I've heard about the horrors of A-Levels, an extra year would go down extremely well. :rolleyes:
Just generally anxious about their difficulty, the post-GCSE jump, and the overall workload (art, too for me :s-smilie:)
What also concerns me is teachers have said they always saw me reading english at Oxford or something, and in fact my latin teacher said he was surprised I wasn't going down the 'English Lit, Latin, other humanities..' route for my A-Levels. It seems really weird, because I'm going to miss those subjects a lot. :s-smilie:

I did English Lit at uni after I didn't get into vetmed and honestly it's not that fun! - vetmed all the way! I found English easy all through A Level and struggled a bit with the sciences and maths until I had to knuckle down for exams and I revised so hard to do well that I began to actually understand it all and was consistently near the top of the class in yr 13.

Don't worry about thinking maybe your destined to do humanities because you're good at it/your teachers think you should do it, you're destined to do what you want to do most and you've set yourself one of the most difficult but most rewarding uni choices so no it won't be 100% easy as but it's totally doable with hard work and dedication. Just be thankful that your hums skills are good and use them for your vet school projects and help others with their essays (then steal the born and bred scientists to help with your understanding of that :biggrin: )

ok grandma stef's pep talk over now :redface:
Reply 396
Original post by EllHv1

Ooooops! Sorry!
Don't tell them this but ssshhhh, you're cleverer than most of them anyway with your GCSEs :wink: YOU WILL BE FINE. Honest!
You might be jealous of my extra year, but I'm jealous of your better GCSE results :wink:

You can always drop a subject if you find it too much work though, right? I.e. art?
And you will do AMAZINGLY and you will be FINE. I'm sure of it :biggrin:
Reply 397
Original post by stef_vet?
I did English Lit at uni after I didn't get into vetmed and honestly it's not that fun! - vetmed all the way! I found English easy all through A Level and struggled a bit with the sciences and maths until I had to knuckle down for exams and I revised so hard to do well that I began to actually understand it all and was consistently near the top of the class in yr 13.

Don't worry about thinking maybe your destined to do humanities because you're good at it/your teachers think you should do it, you're destined to do what you want to do most and you've set yourself one of the most difficult but most rewarding uni choices so no it won't be 100% easy as but it's totally doable with hard work and dedication. Just be thankful that your hums skills are good and use them for your vet school projects and help others with their essays (then steal the born and bred scientists to help with your understanding of that :biggrin: )

ok grandma stef's pep talk over now :redface:

Thanks for the pep talk :biggrin: It's really interesting that you did Eng Lit at uni and now want to do vet med - you must be living proof that vet med is the way to go :biggrin: :tongue:
My highest GCSE scores were in English and Art, but you are right: I have always wanted to do vet med so need to stop anything from distracting from this. :smile:

Original post by Amy7
Ooooops! Sorry!
Don't tell them this but ssshhhh, you're cleverer than most of them anyway with your GCSEs :wink: YOU WILL BE FINE. Honest!
You might be jealous of my extra year, but I'm jealous of your better GCSE results :wink:

You can always drop a subject if you find it too much work though, right? I.e. art?
And you will do AMAZINGLY and you will be FINE. I'm sure of it :biggrin:

Pfftt, GCSEs don't mean that much though, I'm bricking it for the 'A-Level - shock'. :redface:
Anyway, I'd have said that 8A*s and 3As a whole year early easily tops mine!

Out of interest have you sat any AS exams yet? :smile:

Yeah, I'm thinking art might have to go at A2. My worry is that if I don't get on with further maths, then that leaves me with just biology, chemistry and maths for A2, and I'd like to do 4 if possible - Liverpool seems to imply that they like 4? :s-smilie:

Do you have other people at your school looking into vet med? At mine I think 'm the only one, which is a bit of a shame really. Feel a bit alone :tongue: , although the advice on these forums is fantastic and second to none.

Thanks for the encouragement, btw! I'll need it :biggrin: :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 398
Original post by EllHv1

My highest GCSE scores were in English and Art, but you are right: I have always wanted to do vet med so need to stop anything from distracting from this. :smile:

Pfftt, GCSEs don't mean that much though, I'm bricking it for the 'A-Level - shock'. :redface:

Yeah, I'm thinking art might have to go at A2. My worry is that if I don't get on with further maths, then that leaves me with just biology, chemistry and maths for A2, and I'd like to do 4 if possible - Liverpool seems to imply that they like 4? :s-smilie:

Do you have other people at your school looking into vet med? At mine I think 'm the only one, which is a bit of a shame really. Feel a bit alone :tongue: , although the advice on these forums is fantastic and second to none.

Thanks for the encouragement, btw! I'll need it :biggrin: :redface:

My best scores were in languages (full marks in 1, 398/400 and 396/400 in the others), but then also chemistry & maths :wink:

I too am bricking it for A levels... my induction day is a week tomorrow so I start actual A levels in 9 DAYS!!

dont think liv likes 4? they just require an AS at B, whereas the others dont state that.

I have one other person joining my 6th form who's vaguely considering it, but thats all. that's what TSR is for :biggrin:
Reply 399
My best scores were in languages (full marks in 1, 398/400 and 396/400 in the others), but then also chemistry & maths :wink:

I too am bricking it for A levels... my induction day is a week tomorrow so I start actual A levels in 9 DAYS!!

dont think liv likes 4? they just require an AS at B, whereas the others dont state that.

I have one other person joining my 6th form who's vaguely considering it, but thats all. that's what TSR is for :biggrin:

Ahhh scary times! Thankfully I'm staying at the same school for 6th, which is nice as it means none of the hassle of having to settle in etc. But I think I still do have an induction day.

They say that 'although 4 a-levels shows a great deal of achievement academically, it's not a necessity'; or words to that effect.

My thoughts exactly, I think TSR is a godsend for budding vets :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending