The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2013 hopefuls! (again, early...)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wallaby
Frustrating how we want hear back for another month now probably seeing as they've given 2 weeks to complete the form :P Then all the sorting etc! Oh well :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

You never know! The first interview date is really early in Jan, so they will probably give out those just before Christmas. I had over a months notice last year.

Original post by beccac94
I only started that soon cause it was a riding school and I got free riding lessons if I helped out :smile: I had a massive gap to 2010 then
OMG my school said the same thing I feel like going back and telling them that they where completely wrong.

I took some herbal drops things (can't remember the name) from boots and it didn't really seem to do much but it tasted nice so when I find the name you could give them a go cause they're supposed to help. To be honest the only way I've found not to get nervous is sort of convince myself that it isn't an interview and its just a casual chat instead...I did it at my chester zoo interview and it seemed to work.

Ah right! :smile: Haha! I feel like emailing the careers advisor a list of pointers. :tongue:

Was it rescue remedy? I used that and it just left a weird taste in my mouth and had no effect whatsoever. :tongue: That is a good tip, i'll have to try that. :smile:
Original post by matty9694

Ah right! :smile: Haha! I feel like emailing the careers advisor a list of pointers. :tongue:

Was it rescue remedy? I used that and it just left a weird taste in my mouth and had no effect whatsoever. :tongue: That is a good tip, i'll have to try that. :smile:

Yep that was the one... I actully quite liked the taste :colondollar:

Migth have a practice interview in college tomorrow but might not go cause its just random people from the council who know nothing about vet med
Gap years would be so much more fun if i knew i would defos get in next year!!
Yep that was the one... I actully quite liked the taste :colondollar:

Migth have a practice interview in college tomorrow but might not go cause its just random people from the council who know nothing about vet med

Haha! I did get it from the back of a cupboard and didn't check the date, so maybe it tastes nicer when fresh. :tongue:

I asked for a mock interview at college several times, but they never actually organised it...I doubt they help that much though, unless they are done by people who relate to the subject.
Original post by o to be a vet :/
Gap years would be so much more fun if i knew i would defos get in next year!!

agreed :tongue: i spend too much time worryin about next year an not enough enjoyin what im doin !!!!!
anyone got any top tips for controlling nerves????/

i screwed up my interviews last year cos i was too nervous this year id at least like to be able to answer the questions about me :s
Reply 3986
Hi, do any of you guys know if the Bristol interviews stick to the timings? I'm trying to figure out which train to catch! Thanks
Haha! I did get it from the back of a cupboard and didn't check the date, so maybe it tastes nicer when fresh. :tongue:

I asked for a mock interview at college several times, but they never actually organised it...I doubt they help that much though, unless they are done by people who relate to the subject.

The one last year was someone from liverpool uni so that was a bit better but this one is just going to be rubbish by the sounds of it and its going to be during lunch so they have to interview like 30-40 people in an hour
For the liverpool work experience form I worked on a city farm so should I put each animal in different sections??? Its mainly cause I want them to know I did some lambing there
The one last year was someone from liverpool uni so that was a bit better but this one is just going to be rubbish by the sounds of it and its going to be during lunch so they have to interview like 30-40 people in an hour

30+ people in an hour!!! How is that one going to work? :confused:
Reply 3990
Eeek, bristol offer!! :nutcase: Checked my track about 20 times, just to check I'm not dreaming!
(edited 11 years ago)
30+ people in an hour!!! How is that one going to work? :confused:

I'm assuming there willl be a few different people but still its not going to be very long.
It was done after college last time which was better
Original post by BeHappy
Eeek, bristol offer :biggrin: Checked my track about 20 times, just to check I'm not dreaming!

congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 3993
Well done with offers!
Just thought id mention we had a lil thing going on where offers were in big red writing :biggrin:
Wasnt sure if any one wanted to carry it on?
Dont have to by all means, just thought id mention it
Reply 3994
good for you just got 1st refusal from Glasgow, best of luck
Original post by BeHappy
Eeek, bristol offer :biggrin: Checked my track about 20 times, just to check I'm not dreaming!

Many congratulations :biggrin:! What grades did they offer?
Congratulations to those of you with offers/interviews!! :biggrin:

Regarding the offers being in big red writing, I plan to carry that tradition on if I get one! :tongue:
Hi everyone, congratulations for all the interviews and offers - very exciting!

I'm in my first year at Edinburgh (woo dick vets!) and this time last year was fretting over a Glasgow interview. If anyone has any questions about Glasgow or Edinburgh I'd be happy to try and help :smile:
Haha! It sure is! :tongue:

Wow! That sounds really good, what was flamingo land like? Did you just go on the rides all day? :tongue: I'd love to work with the meerkats, if I went to a zoo.

It was awesome-not going to lie. Got to shadow a vet visit and helped during an operation on a LION!!! Highlight of my life! And I got to feed giraffes and play with meerkats :biggrin: there was an awful lot of poo picking, bed making and basic grunt work, but it was so worth it.
Reply 3999
Got bristol tommorow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending