The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2013 hopefuls! (again, early...)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leigh303
you know you love cattle too much when you're working (unpaid!) on christmas eve and maybe christmas morning...

I went to vets where I usually volunteer this morning to find they didnt need me this morning lol.
I love cattle too much to :tongue: Feel like i need to go down the stables or find a field of cows so i can get my usual saturday animally fix :redface:
Reply 981
The vets I volunteer at have obscene amounts of chocolate and biscuits and food. In excess of 40/50 boxes :rofl:
It is insane! :shock:
The amount of food they offered me when I was there, and there are only 3 of them working there!

I had to work today and new years eve and day, but hey ho, I'm getting paid and experience...soo :smile:

Hope your revision/work experience is going well everyone! Hope you all have lovely Christmasses, animally or not :wink:

Bring on 2012 I say! Well...
Almost got to watch my first operation yesterday (cat castration), but the owner fed it in the morning so it had to be cancelled. Bad times! :frown:
Reply 983
Original post by Mocking_bird
Almost got to watch my first operation yesterday (cat castration), but the owner fed it in the morning so it had to be cancelled. Bad times! :frown:

Awh :frown: Boo hiss. Hopefully 2012 will bring you lots for operations :wink:

THIS THREAD HAS NEARLY REACHED 1000 POSTS WOOOO :woo:
:party:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 984
Original post by Amy7
Awh :frown: Boo hiss. Hopefully 2012 will bring you lots for operations :wink:

THIS THREAD HAS NEARLY REACHED 1000 POSTS WOOOO :woo:
:party:

I've been waiting for the 1000 posts for ages, slowly watching it creep up the 900s :tongue:

just got in from the farm, shattered now - i'll definitely be too deeply asleep to hear santa coming! :wink:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL :holly:
Reply 985
Merry christmas everyone! :biggrin:
will i get into vetmed with biology chemistry, geograpy and art A-levels?
Original post by sheepshap
will i get into vetmed with biology chemistry, geograpy and art A-levels?

The vet at the one I go to for work experience did biology, chemistry, history and (i forgot the other, all i know is it wasnt physics/maths), so it's possible yeah.
Reply 988
Got a Black's Student Veterinary Dictionary :biggrin:
Many nerdy moments have already been spent looking through it :smile:
Original post by Amy7
Got a Black's Student Veterinary Dictionary :biggrin:
Many nerdy moments have already been spent looking through it :smile:

Is there any difference between the Student version and the full version. I have the full version and I don't really want to spend a tenner if I don't have to! :wink:
Original post by Angry cucumber
Is there any difference between the Student version and the full version. I have the full version and I don't really want to spend a tenner if I don't have to! :wink:

the student version is just paperback i think...
Reply 991
I just bought the full version on amazon for £15, not too shabby!:smile:
Reply 992
Original post by Angry cucumber

The Student version is a paperback, think that's the only difference :smile:

2 weeks today, until first exam :afraid:
Reply 993
Original post by Amy7
The Student version is a paperback, think that's the only difference :smile:

2 weeks today, until first exam :afraid:

I have blacks student dictionary. Useful for post-work exp looking up!

I knoww :frown: biology yeah? just did my first past paper though and only dropped a few marks! :biggrin:
Reply 994
Also, only 73 days til vetquest! (just got a countdown app...)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 995
AHHH
POST 1000!!!!!

Couldn't resist :biggrin:

I'm kinda jealous, I didn't apply soon enough and all the places were gone by the time I thought to apply.

Is anyone looking at going to a Sutton Trust summer school? I'm just wondering since applications open soon.
woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. you guys are bit too keeen
Reply 998
Original post by Stripes23
I'm kinda jealous, I didn't apply soon enough and all the places were gone by the time I thought to apply.

Is anyone looking at going to a Sutton Trust summer school? I'm just wondering since applications open soon.

This happened to me last year :frown: so i sent my application off the day it went online!

I can't do Sutton trust cos I'm at private school (on a HUGE bursary :colondollar:)
Reply 999
I have blacks student dictionary. Useful for post-work exp looking up!

I knoww :frown: biology yeah? just did my first past paper though and only dropped a few marks! :biggrin:

Yup, but it shouldn't be too bad though...unlike. Shudder. Physics. It scares me!
Ooooh, congrats :biggrin:

AHHH
POST 1000!!!!!

Couldn't resist :biggrin:

3 posts in a row :rolleyes: Haha

Ooh 73 days! Excited :woo:

Original post by Stripes23

:frown: That's annoying...I just happened to be looking on the Bristol vet site a few weeks before they released tickets and made a mental note to myself to return when you could apply.

Oooh what is it? At Notts, right? I think I've heard about it and it's quite expensive isn't it? Do you get priority when applying to Nottingham Vet if you've been on it, or have I imagined that?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending