The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cdsmith1990
I''d say you want to leave at least a month between getting it done and going on holiday, and even then you're gonna need to protect it from the sun...

Probably best to wait til you come back if it's only 3 weeks away..

Where'd you get three weeks from? :p:

I'm not going til September, but obvs I don't want to screw it up, so I'll just leave it til I go back to uni and leave it covered over summer :smile:
Original post by Griffin23
That is true :ahee:

:ninja: to sorta stay on topic I think this is pretty cool due to the colours :gah:

:sad: I'm a sucker for pretty colours

I'm a sucker for pretty colours too!

Original post by NW86
Oh you could of course get it touched up! the one you linked looks as if its a mix of "normal" ink and uv ink, so you can see the design normally, but in uv extra parts show up.

one of my friends has a really large uv design on her hands and forearms, in just uv ink, so you really cant see it in normal light unless she was to point it out and you looked closely, but in uv light her arms just glow, its pretty beautiful!

Can I just ask where she managed to get a UV one done? I've been looking into them for ages but heard they were mainly in the states because UV ink hadn't been properly tested or something :colondollar:
Reply 1002
More explanation needed. :fyi:

I wasn't complaining. :teehee:

Original post by greeneyedgirl
While I'm very happy for you to have two friends, I'm gonna have to talk to rest of mod team to see whether can allow this thread to stay in F&B or be moved to Chat :smile: shall let you guys know :yep:

For me to have two friends? :erm:

It wouldn't really be the end of the world if it did end up in Chat.
Original post by zjs
More explanation needed. :fyi:

I wasn't complaining. :teehee:

For me to have two friends? :erm:

It wouldn't really be the end of the world if it did end up in Chat.

Two thread :facepalm: clearly my brain was not functioning :tongue:

So far looks like can stay in F&B, just waiting for a few more people to respond :yep:
Original post by psychocustard
Where'd you get three weeks from? :p:

I'm not going til September, but obvs I don't want to screw it up, so I'll just leave it til I go back to uni and leave it covered over summer :smile:

Oh, I thought you said you were going away in 3 weeks lol
Reply 1005
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Two thread :facepalm: clearly my brain was not functioning :tongue:

So far looks like can stay in F&B, just waiting for a few more people to respond :yep:

The only real detriment of it moving to Chat would be people who use F&B missing out on the thread. The existence of another thread and the fact that it's been in the F&B forum, with plenty of activity, for a while means that most people are likely to have seen it.

I'd still rather it stayed in F&B of course (to avoid spam that bears no relation to the OP whatsoever), but I don't think it would kill the thread or put people off.
Reply 1006
I want to know. :colonhash:

:hugs:

I'm still not sure who the second one is, tbh. :dry:

How are we feeling today?
Reply 1007
That's not very nice. :sad:

Well, you certainly write enough to be the equivalent of 100 friends on here. :teehee:

:h:. I'm still feeling pretty low, disappointed and angry with myself. :emo:

What're you avoiding doing? :hmmm:
Reply 1008
wow I went away for a few days and this has turned into a society chat thread. would like to join :smile:
Reply 1009
Way too many emotes in this thread. hurts my eyes/annoys the hell out of me
Reply 1010
Hey, iv been thinking about getting a tattoo but was wondering if its even an option if you have eczema?
Two main issues: Would scratching a healed tattoo do alot of damage?
And would using skin thinning steroid creams do damage?

I could try and choose an area thats not too bad, though those areas are in limited supply :/
Reply 1011
Original post by boba
wow I went away for a few days and this has turned into a society chat thread. would like to join :smile:

If you wish to join the society, just click "join this social group" on the social group page. If you want to join the chat, well, feel free!

You say a little in many words. :daydreaming:

Well, it's literally (probably) a life or death situation, so yeah. :yep:

Original post by NW86
Way too many emotes in this thread. hurts my eyes/annoys the hell out of me

Once again, blame souldoubt, tbh. :teehee:

I tend to start spamming the smilies when others do it; not sure why. :iiam:
:lurk:
I do. These boys are mean to you :console:

:awesome:
Reply 1014
Original post by Delta_Aitch
I do. These boys are mean to you :console: :awesome:

Nobody likes a kiss-arse. :colonhash:

Also, where've you been, tbh? We now have two threads. :pierre:

I see what you did there.

Spoiler

Haha the smiley police, headed by Detective Douche Zjs, are gonna come after you :mmm:

Original post by zjs
Nobody likes a kiss-arse. :colonhash:

Also, where've you been, tbh? We now have two threads. :pierre:

Yeeeah I noticed, I was a confuzzled bean. So this one is just for the spammy chat and the other one is for tattoo-related queries/pics etc? Or have I got it wrong? :dontknow:
Reply 1016
You could sing a song and put it on YouTube. :colone:

Haha the smiley police, headed by Detective Douche Zjs, are gonna come after you :mmm:

NW86 is the D.I. :fyi:

Delta_Aitch
Yeeeah I noticed, I was a confuzzled bean. So this one is just for the spammy chat and the other one is for tattoo-related queries/pics etc? Or have I got it wrong? :dontknow:

Pretty much. Ensures information and pictures don't get lost in all the spam. :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by zjs
You could sing a song and put it on YouTube. :colone:

NW86 is the D.I. :fyi:

Pretty much. Ensures information and pictures don't get lost in all the spam. :yep:

Spoiler

:angry: SORRY, M8. I got lost amongst the spam I was not involved in so thought I would take a break! How was I to know important information was being passed along?! I am but a humble lass :emo:

:colonhash:
Reply 1018
:angry: SORRY, M8. I got lost amongst the spam I was not involved in so thought I would take a break! How was I to know important information was being passed along?! I am but a humble lass :emo:

:colonhash:

I quoted you in and everything, ffs. :unimpressed:
Original post by zjs
I quoted you in and everything, ffs. :unimpressed:

I get quoted a lot :smug:
Sometimes some quotes slip bu unnoticed.

This is not a euphemism :sigh:

I'LL DO BETTER, FFS.

Quick Reply

Latest