The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Geology is the best topic for exploration, and can lead you to all aspects of the field as is highly scientific.
yup ditto

thing is, even if you do geology at imperial- unless you go into that field you could be screwed as there are limited jobs in geology. that is unless you go to the us.
Reply 3
thats not true at all - geology leaves you the most potential out of any science degree - since the course deals with elements of maths, physics, chemistry, biology, and the sort of qualitative reasoning skills that arts graduates are so reverred for, therefore you can, often with the addition of a 1 year masters course, become receptive for almost any working environment.

Also, it happens to be the worlds most addictive subject, you go on loads of field trips and get very drunk - people who study it would not want to do ANYTHING else.
Reply 4
So very true. I was envious of the arts undergraduates, despite their essay crises, until I arrived back from my first field trip late at night, covered in mud, brandishing lethal weponry and somewhat inebriated and all in the name of science. It's a fantastic subject to study.
Reply 5
m005
Anyone know what degrees could lead to a job in Gas and Oil, or natural mineral exploration and all the fields related to it.

i.e. Chemical Engineering?.......what else?

Civil Engineering. Pipelines for example need to be designed/built by civil engineers. Mechanical engineering. Oil/Gas plants house one hell of a lot of mechanical equipment. Similarly, Electrical Enginnering/Instrument Controls Engineering.....etc

Construction Management. Construction Managers build all this stuff!
Reply 6
Oil is running out!

Latest

Trending

Trending