The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by SmartFool
Funny thing is about all of this is that i would not care even half as much about missing my grades if the fees were not going up next year, actually thinking about it now I would have been quite happy to take a gap year. :frown:

Same here :frown:

Damn you Cameron :shakecane:
Original post by SmartFool
Funny thing is about all of this is that i would not care even half as much about missing my grades if the fees were not going up next year, actually thinking about it now I would have been quite happy to take a gap year. :frown:

Original post by Liam_G
Same here :frown:

Damn you Cameron :shakecane:

I'm with you two. Had the fees not been going up, and i didn't get the grades, i would have got a job, done re-sits and gone next year instead :frown:
Less troll more stories plz
Original post by Liam_G
I'm gonna watch this thread :yep:

I know that I've missed my Firm offer by at least one grade in one of my subjects, but I think that I've achieved higher than my offer in another subject :s-smilie:

We'll just have to see how it all works out, if I have to resit year 13 and pay about 40 grand to go to Uni, so be it.

Exactly the same, think I've missed Maths for the A after an awful exam, but think I've got A* in History so would end up with A*BB instead of AAB
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Does anyone have any stories like this for Birmingham and/or Royal Holloway?

I don't have an acceptance story for RHUL, but they offered me a place for History this year lowering the offer from AAB to DD because I showed an aptitude and a big passion for the subject, if on results day you don't make the grades itd be well worth phoning them to try and show how passionate you are to study the subject, they take it into consideration greatly
Original post by natashapt
I don't have an acceptance story for RHUL, but they offered me a place for History this year lowering the offer from AAB to DD because I showed an aptitude and a big passion for the subject, if on results day you don't make the grades itd be well worth phoning them to try and show how passionate you are to study the subject, they take it into consideration greatly

I'm also going for RHUL this year, they offered me AAB and I think im gonna get BBB. I heard they are top of the list for leniency.
Reply 586
Anyone got any stories on Lincoln? I want to do Journalism there... I got 24 points, the minimum entry requirements on the website indicate the diploma is satisfactory for approval yet they offered me a place if I got 25 points. Kinda sucks that I'm 1 point out. I can get in my insurance Leeds Trinity but I kinda had my heart set on Lincoln :frown:
very useful thread!
Had the rope ready; then I saw this thread!
Relieved.
Original post by ibelongtoslytherin
Needed AABC got AACC but was let in :smile:

Did you make an attempt to call them and send emails? Or the suddenly emailed you telling that you still got accepted?

I just found out my result and I missed 1 point...thanks for helping. I'm afraid UCAS is a stupid system and will automatically take my insurance choice :frown:
Original post by delasandro
However, lower ranked unis seem to allow people who have missed there grades by maybe 2 or 3 grades and still allow them in.

Yay lets hope MMU is like that! xD Way my maths went I'm worried i wont get the 280 and end up with 260.. :frown:

Original post by mageetron
I just found out my result and I missed 1 point...thanks for helping. I'm afraid UCAS is a stupid system and will automatically take my insurance choice :frown:

I'm paranoid they'll forget about my AS-level and base it off just my A2s and not let me in.. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Did you make an attempt to call them and send emails? Or the suddenly emailed you telling that you still got accepted?

UCAS won't do anything the universities don't tell them to do.
Good luck. :hugs:
Any Cardiff Uni story?????
This thread is awsome... Just what i need to keep me sane during the wait!!

Are there any stories about King's?? I could really use the hope :frown:
Reply 594
Original post by DanYK
I wonder if a thread with this title will exist this year after all the rush for university places. Kinda makes me sad. This year has probably put the most pressure ever on A level students..wonder if examiners will take this into account. *fingers crossed*

I understand why you're saying this, but to be fair they've been saying every year that the competition is fierce - they'll probably even say it next year even with the rise in tuition fees because what with the economy still the way it is, there isn't a huge amount of opportunity for young people before university still.

No one has a definite idea of how things are going to pan out this year - ignore the hype, focus on getting the best results you can and stay positive :smile:
Anyone who missed their offer for University of Bath OR Queen's Belfast University and have got accepted?

Thanks in advance!!

Well, on results day it said on UCAS that I had gotten into the University even though they wanted me to get AABC and I got AACC. So I called them just to make sure and they confirmed my place
Reply 597
Hi,
I was offered a place at Imperial for aero with a condition on obtaining 16/20 in Maths and Physics and 14/20 overall at the French Baccalaureate. I only obtained 15/20 in Maths but 17/20 in Physics and 16/20 overall. I emailed them my results emphasising on the fact that I did better in Physics and overall and they told me that my application was sent back to the department for reconsideration. They also asked me to arrange for my school to send them a confirmation of my results. Do you think I still have my chances ? Should I call them to make sure they received the confirmation of my school and may be argue on my Maths grade considering the mess it has been in France on this subject this year ?
Thanks for your help !
Original post by natashapt

This might sound stupid, but how do you show your passion and aptitude? I am definitely passionate and as far as I know without studying it, I think I definitely have the aptitude to study my course... and many a time I have babbled on to my friends about my course and issues within it... I've never done an interview before so I'm just nervous about how I would go about saying it... in preparing to have something to say to persuade them to let me do my course with lower grades/ a related course in Clearing, do you think I should have some specific things to say? I'm reading one of the recommended texts atm and someone I know on the course already said they refer back to that text all the time, so I'm thinking of mentioning that I'm reading it and maybe some of my opinions on something specific...?
Anything about Stafford please??:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending