The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Geology UCL or Birmingham anyone?? my offers are Abb and bbb respectively but looks like I'm going to get Abc or Bbc
Any Economics/Politics stories??
Reply 82
Original post by notastampcollector
Btw, what college do you have an offer from?

I don't have an offer.... :colondollar:

I was just happy that a fellow IB-er was successful with Oxford Physics! :tongue:
Offer was ABB - Got BBB and they let me in
Reply 84
queen mary stories economics)?
Reply 85
I needed AAB to get in for med last year but got in with ABB! Was so shocked and am extremely grateful! You guys will be fine just keep your cool and go with the flow :smile:
Original post by MrsRoxyK
Needed AAA for King's but got A*AB. They made me wait for a week but let me in in the end :biggrin:

What subject was that for?
Reply 87
Last year my firm , Glasgow wanted BBB from me. When I opened my results letter I burst into tears :frown: I got a ABCC (which were all resits). I had an unconditional for UWS so opened my UCAS letter expecting to see that information there BUT! Glasgow let me in! I was so happy, infact im still happy and every so often I will be sitting in uni liie "wow I cannot believe Im here!"
I think that as long as you get reasonable grades which show you are capable of uni work, and your personal statment shows how enthusiastic about the course , there is a good chance you will get in :smile:
anything about social anthropology for manchester? :frown:

someone i know got into UCL for arch on one grade lower than the offer, this was a few years back
Reply 89
Original post by Boo!xx
any cardiff stories? Does anyone know how lenient they usually are?

2 of my friends missed their offers by a grade, they both got in after a phone call from the head of year
Original post by samsongable
My cousin needed AAB (or ABB...) for engenieering, though he got BBC. They let him in because he showed that he was really keen in his personal statement! And this was the University of Birmingham!

I knew someone who was in a similar situation, they dropped out in the second term. Though he may have got BCC, can't remember.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 91
Liverpool JMU Business Studies? (ucas points)
Reply 92
So say if you need A*AA but get A*A*B? Hmmmm how would it look?
my friend needed AAA for oxford for music, she got AAB and got in.
I have an offer for AAA at Birmingham for Law, but I really think I will get AAB. If I do get this on the day, is there a way to ring up and try and persuade them?
Reply 95
Well Right now I need AAA for my Leicester Medicine offer.
I think I have AAB/ABB. I told my parents and everyone is so dissapointed. I ****** can't believe I have failed at the last hurdle.
I have planned a clearing list on my phone and got all the clearing phone numbers ect... thats how bad it is. I know have done so **** because I checked the Mark schemes and everything posted on TSR.
Reply 96
Original post by Hippysnake
My offer was AAB, and I got A*A*D, and they still let me in.

A*A*D? thats crazy man.
The thing is is that I will get ABB... so I didn't really over-acheive in the subjects like you did. How did you persuade them man!
Reply 97
Original post by confused dot com
What subject was that for?

Physics :smile:
Yeah has anyone got persuasion techniques if you happen to miss your offer?
Reply 99
Original post by Liam_G
That sucks :frown:

I know that a lot of Uni's raised their entry requirements this year after people had already applied to courses. One of my choices randomly raised the offer from BCC to BBC without even mentioning it...

I chose my insurance choice because it specified that offers were made in UCAS points, but when I got an offer it was in grades :nooo:

Raising the requirement by 40 points was a bit harsh though :frown:

Ah, well. I'm sure it will all work out :smile:

For me to stand a chance I need 60/60 tomorrow, Friday and Monday on my Bio, Chem and Physics papers :/ or 100UMS or howeer they do it!

It came as a shock, CCC->BBC is a big big jump :frown: if i get BCC i'll prayyy ! Cheers for the kind words pal

Latest

Trending

Trending