The Student Room Group

Computer Science/ IT Conversion Course in USA

I have a undergraduate degree in English Literature from a UK university but have always wanted to study in the USA and want to make a career in the computer science industry.

Can anyone tell me any university's in the USA that do a conversion course for someone with a limited IT background.

Thank you!
I can only think of one off of the top of my head and googling is coming up pretty empty (so much so that the one program I know of calls itself "unique"! Not a good sign!). Why is this? In the US, there are loads of other ways to "fix" your background deficiencies in computer science (I have a friend with a second BA in CS as well, but that hasn't really worked out for her because she went with a kind of fluffy university, so yeah, watch out for that!). For instance right now I'm taking courses through a top university's extension program in CS and there are also community college courses that transfer as credit to these universities as well, so the assumption is that you'll do that or the equivalent & then apply, as a lot of universities phrase it that you don't *need* a formal degree, but to have 5 or so courses of background knowledge.

The one I know of is at Mills College in Oakland, CA:General Info & other requirements for the degrees offered

Oh wait! Boston University also has this: LEAP Program

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions I can try because this is something I'm interested in as well :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending