The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

I got invited for a drama interview today! Does anyone know what to wear seeing as there's an acting workshop and stuff?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1381
Unconditional offer for Social Policy! Absolutely ecstatic!
WOOOO OFFER FOR MATHS! :biggrin:

AAB, AA=Maths and FMaths, sooo happy! :biggrin:
Reply 1383
Original post by nadeen94
i knwww right!!! so not fairr! almost all other courses got a reply!! lool! good luckk!! :biggrin: im sure ull get one soon! keep me posted!

aah thank you! good luck to you too :biggrin:
Reply 1384
Original post by mmyeah
Thank you!! Gooood luck, seems like they're getting through the applications at a steady rate now :smile: Would Bristol be your top choice?

I have an offer from oxford but really want bristol as my insurance, still haven't heard anything though...
Reply 1385
still waiting to hear for Hispanic Studies :frown:
Im predicted AAB and applying for Archaeology - entry requirements are BBC so fingers crossed!!

Others unis: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Exeter
Just been rejected from bristol (I think), but I've been having a massive mix up over it, and wondering if anyone has had the same. On Wednesday I got an e-mail from UCAS saying Bristol had rejected me (this shoed up on Track), then on Thursday , I had an e-mail from Bristol admissions saying there had been a mistake and I was still being considered. Then today I had an e-mail from Bristol with a standered rejection letter, but it hasn't shown up in track, which now shows nothing (as opposed to Unsussesful). Is this just me? or are other Bristol Psychology students having the same thing? x
Original post by lucyhowlett
Just been rejected from bristol (I think), but I've been having a massive mix up over it, and wondering if anyone has had the same. On Wednesday I got an e-mail from UCAS saying Bristol had rejected me (this shoed up on Track), then on Thursday , I had an e-mail from Bristol admissions saying there had been a mistake and I was still being considered. Then today I had an e-mail from Bristol with a standered rejection letter, but it hasn't shown up in track, which now shows nothing (as opposed to Unsussesful). Is this just me? or are other Bristol Psychology students having the same thing? x

Same thing exactly happened to me! I don't understand why they sent that apologetic email yesterday and removed the decision from track if they were only going to reject us today... but then on the otherhand for it be *another* mistake would probably be rarer then lighting striking twice :frown: I'm thinking it'll just take a while to show up on track. What were your predicted grades, where else have you applied? Good luck everyone else :smile:
Same thing happened to me - I think it's what I'd predicted. The 'accidental' email was sent to people who were going to be rejected anyway, they just sent it off accidentally before making the final additions. I'd hoped they become a bit more lenient towards us after the mistake - but I guess not. Oh well, farewell Bristol

Got the same thing. No sign of it on track, so who knows. Farewell Bristol.
Reply 1391
Original post by Glenny123
offer for english!! :smile:

Congratulations, that's good news!:smile: Where else have you applied?
Original post by FirstHeGiveth

Original post by FirstHeGiveth
Got the same thing. No sign of it on track, so who knows. Farewell Bristol.

I have telephoned Bristol Psychology admissions and they have confirmed that today's rejection email is merely an automated one that has been sent out. All people who received the apology email ARE still being considered.
Original post by xfirekittyx

Original post by xfirekittyx
Same thing exactly happened to me! I don't understand why they sent that apologetic email yesterday and removed the decision from track if they were only going to reject us today... but then on the otherhand for it be *another* mistake would probably be rarer then lighting striking twice :frown: I'm thinking it'll just take a while to show up on track. What were your predicted grades, where else have you applied? Good luck everyone else :smile:

I have telephoned Bristol Psychology admissions and they have confirmed that today's rejection email is merely an automated one that has been sent out. All people who received the apology email ARE still being considered.
Original post by SLlewellyn

Original post by SLlewellyn
Same thing happened to me - I think it's what I'd predicted. The 'accidental' email was sent to people who were going to be rejected anyway, they just sent it off accidentally before making the final additions. I'd hoped they become a bit more lenient towards us after the mistake - but I guess not. Oh well, farewell Bristol

The debacle on Bristol continues. I telephoned the Psychology admissions and they have confirmed that anyone who received an original rejection followed by an apology email on the 12th, followed by another automated rejection on the 13th.... ARE still being considered. They have NOT been rejected. They said decisions would continue to be made on a daily basis on candidates up to the end of March and confirmed that the current situation has affected hundreds of students.

The latest automated rejection email is the LAST in this saga they say so any future emails will be regarding the real decision.

Good luck!
Oh wow, that sounds horrible.

Good luck everyone! :smile:
Original post by S-Gymer

Original post by S-Gymer
Have an offer for English Literature! Can't decide between Bristol and King's College London, both are asking for 3A's.. which would you choose?

Kings is very prestigous for English. Bristol is brilliant too. Congratulations on having a choice between two top courses. I'd decide on factors such as bursaries offerred, cost of accomodation, how easy is it to get to the university from the accomodation on a daily basis, travel links to home etc. Also you might get the chance to visit the departments now you have offers and may get a strong feeling for one or the other.
Original post by catoswyn

Thank you very much for letting us all know! I just got back from school, and phoned them to double check! Got the same info as you... apparently lightning does strike twice :P

Update: I logged onto the Bristol site, and my VIP page says unsuccessful...does everyone else with the errors have unsuccesful with the VIP page?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending