The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
Also guys remember this is right at the end of the Interview cycle for JPM. They have been interviewing since early October. By this point they are probably only looking for those extra one or two people who are absolutely outstanding so don't be disheartened!
Original post by Horizontal 8

Original post by Horizontal 8
They got back to me late in the afternoon, 2 days after the AC.

Okay cool, what division was this for and did you get the offer?
Is there a facebook group for Citi 2012 interns? Cannot find it, anybody wants to create one?
On a similar note: If there is anyone here who has an MS offer who hasn't joined the Facebook Group there is one called "Morgan Stanley London Summer Analysts 2012"
Does anyone have any news on MS?
I had my AC 10 days ago, and they won't answer my emails.

I would presume I have been waitlisted, but others that have been waitlisted have received communication of this. Don't know what to make of this.
has anyone who's applied to Macquarie FICC heard anything back?
Original post by EuroZine
Also guys remember this is right at the end of the Interview cycle for JPM. They have been interviewing since early October. By this point they are probably only looking for those extra one or two people who are absolutely outstanding so don't be disheartened!

is this true or did u just make it up so we feel better
Original post by Bloodbath
is this true or did u just make it up so we feel better

its not that they are only accepting outstanding students but rather the number of applicants per place has increased. If they run 2 AC's to fill 2 spots rather than 2 AC's to fill 10 spots then the competition per place has just increased
Original post by EternalBudhist
its not that they are only accepting outstanding students but rather the number of applicants per place has increased. If they run 2 AC's to fill 2 spots rather than 2 AC's to fill 10 spots then the competition per place has just increased

But how does he know they have very few places left?

I am guess I am not exceptional though, just another mere mortal:frown:
But how does he know they have very few places left?

I am guess I am not exceptional though, just another mere mortal:frown:

well tbh no one really knows but its usually the case that during the last couple AC's only a couple spaces are left going. If you asked HR they should usually tell you
I think all the banks do it, especially those that are desk specific. I remember speaking to Deutsche HR a while back and they said late on it the cycle (Like now) they might just be recruiting for specific desks who have specific requirements like speaks X or Y language or has knowledge of X or Y product.
Original post by jamz0770
On a similar note: If there is anyone here who has an MS offer who hasn't joined the Facebook Group there is one called "Morgan Stanley London Summer Analysts 2012"

Ahh, crap, it looks like that group is full.... I guess the rejections are going out tomorrow or Friday.
Original post by Fantomas87
Ahh, crap, it looks like that group is full.... I guess the rejections are going out tomorrow or Friday.

I don't know. Only 58 members. I was under the impression that last year there were 50 or so for S&T alone. So there should be a few more to come yet? (Whether they are people who just haven't joined the group or people who haven't heard back yet - I don't know)
I've managed to get a phone interview with DB last min for a 'graduate internship'. Yey more failure to come
Original post by marginal cost
How are Houlihan Lokey perceived in London? I'm interested more in terms of deal flow and internship experiences/expectations.

As someone working in M&A at a BB, I can safely say that HL is perceived very well in London and is a prestigious name, especially in M&A valuations and distressed M&A. Expect a very tough and technically challenging experience though. Deal flow is growing. No time to write more sry
Reply 5415
Has anyone applied to JP Morgan within Technology department? Has anyone done an assessment center for it yet?
I've managed to get a phone interview with DB last min for a 'graduate internship'. Yey more failure to come

dude like seriously man up. This could be your last shot you don't want to regret it. Phone interviews are easy just write your answers to questions or notes down on paper and have them in front of you and practice them. Good luck.

Even if you never get a job, at least you can tell your grandchildren that you studied at Oxford, which is heavily targeted by MBB!
Reply 5418

I envy your self-esteem.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Even if you never get a job, at least you can tell your grandchildren that you studied at Oxford, which is heavily targeted by MBB!

Just like you can tell your grandchildren you got rejected from Oxford :wink: Looser

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending