The Student Room Group

what do you guys/girls think of white jeans?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blair turgott
Only a blackman with swagger can pull it off

You mean only the Old Spice guy can pull it off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE&feature=relmfu
Reply 21
Original post by batboy113
Hey, thinking about purchasing white jeans. What is the average 'perception' of white jeans? They're straight-fitting white jeans btw (not exactly 'slim-fit').

Edit- this is for a guy btw. So, girls, what do you think of white jeans on a guy?

look stupid, if you want skinny jeans get black or blue.
Probably in danger of looking more Killer Queen than Good Old-fashioned Lover Boy.
Reply 23
Worn nicely, they look good to wear on holiday in a sunny climate, but not in normal life :biggrin:
Reply 24
Gay. Sorry, but white jeans are for girls or girly-boys.
Reply 25
Rock the WHITE JEANS !
Reply 26
Original post by marco_j11
Rock the WHITE JEANS !

Hmmm... look, I don't want to appear a fusty old fart (yes, I'm a "mature" student!), but the only time pair of white jeans that ever looked good on a bloke was when a young Paul Rogers fronted free on Top odf the Pops with his white Hipsters... and a suspicious pre-silver-wrapped-cucumber era lump in the front of them! Lol!

Seriously, I would probably buy some white jeans for my slim, younger, Jamaican girlfriend (eg... from FC.. a good choice of jeans here http://www.frenchconnection.com/category/Woman+Collections+Jeans/Jeans.htm ) but as for a bloke... well.. it's just not right is it? Like your Grandad dancing, or dressing your cat as a 1960's Bus Conductor (hey... I didn't honest!), or James May getting a No 2 crop.:frown:
Reply 27
How to look like a BBC Formula 1 pundit, pair the white jeans with a pink shirt:
Reply 28
I think even cream jeans are bad enough. Last Summer, sat on a wall outside a popular country pub in Kent, trying to look cool, when I got home I dioscoevered that I'd sat on a slug and had a massive squished slug splurge on my butt for the rest of the day. Mates didn't tell me!:frown:
Reply 29
Women can pull them off, men I dont think can.
Reply 30
White is a good colour for a hot day. You look stupid wearing bright white trousers on a bleak November day.

Jeans are not ideal clothing to wear on a hot day. You look stupid wearing jeans on a hot summer day.

So they're a incompatible combination. I can't think of a single time they wouldn't look stupid.
Original post by batboy113
Hey, thinking about purchasing white jeans. What is the average 'perception' of white jeans? They're straight-fitting white jeans btw (not exactly 'slim-fit').

Edit- this is for a guy btw. So, girls, what do you think of white jeans on a guy?

I had a pair when I was 8, wouldn't dream of wearing them now.
Original post by maskofsanity
It always reminds of The Razorlights, and of people trying really hard to be different.

Instantly puts me off white jeans
Reply 33
Original post by hippieglitter
I had a pair when I was 8, wouldn't dream of wearing them now.

You have acquired good taste then! Lol!:smile:
Reply 34
white jeans are cool if they wore with right combination.
look nice of girls , even boys can wear.

check out cocktail dresses
Reply 35
I'm not a fan of white jeans on men at all, I would avoid.
I'd say they don't have any pets - I like them, though I do have pets and I would spill stuff on them
Reply 37
Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth
Get dirty too easily.

you just have to be careful when you're wearing 'em
Have you seen the film 'Youth In Revolt?'. Since seeing it, Francois is everything I expect from somebody wearing white jeans.
Reply 39
Love it! Just make sure you wear them before Labour day. After that it's a faux pas.

Quick Reply

Latest