The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stepped on the scales this morning (as I weighed in on Sunday last week as well) and found that I'm 12st 6lb on the dot. So possibly going to be naughty and weigh in again tomorrow after another day of dieting- hopefully a 500 cal deficit and a little bit of exercise will help me to go over to that lower pound! :biggrin:. Would LOVE to be able to update my ticker in the morning. I would absolutely love it after such a horribly unmotivated week.
Will be spending all day in the library today - got my lunch from Tesco to help me survive the day haha.

Breakfast: two little pancakes (grabbed them on the way out)
Dinner: Tesco Light Choices roast chicken salad sandwich, a fruit bag
Tea: not sure yet
Snacks: diet coke, Mentos
Been really naughty this week and Kettlebells yesterday was unfortunately cancelled, so I'm booked on for an aerobics class and then a hula fitness class straight after one another today. Might be dead at the end of it.
Been a while since I checked my weight, but I checked today and have now officially lost 11lbs!

Feeling so much stronger and more toned. Now only 20lbs to go, haha XD
Original post by caiitlinz
Been a while since I checked my weight, but I checked today and have now officially lost 11lbs!

Feeling so much stronger and more toned. Now only 20lbs to go, haha XD

Well done that's brilliant! Not far to go now eh :-).
Just been on a ling walk through the snow with my boyfriend :smile: a quick google tells me 270 calories an hour burnt for walking through snow, and we walked for and hour and a quarter, and will be doing the same walk back (currently in Costa having lunch). I feel less bad about my giant breakfast now :tongue:
Original post by marmalady
It's under 300 on days where I don't do any cardio beforehand for some reason! At the moment I use green+yellow (so about 7.5kg altogether) for the warmup, lunges, chest and back track, and just green (5kg) for shoulders, biceps, triceps. Orange (10kg) for squats. I think those weights are right! Will check when I go this morning.

Edit: Decided I'm not going this morning now. My lower back's still really sore from doing a long run on Friday (at least I think that's the culprit...) so it's probably not the best idea!

That makes me feel optimistic that maybe I do burn more than 200 and i always do cardio before. Thanks:biggrin:
----------
It's too snowy to drive to the gym which is on a massive hill...oh well:wink:
Just taken my Mum for a walk for 20 mins (don't know if you remember but she's had her knee done and she's going back to work on Wed.. but still can't walk very far so am trying to ease her back into it) therefore feeling slightly less guilty for hardly doing anything! I have to get my exercise bike out today. I've been saying this for weeks. HAVE to do it.
Reply 9568
Just had a massive hot chocolate and feel a bit guilty about it :frown: But it's snowy outside, I had to have one!!
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
i must have been really lucky at school because i had none of that :eek:

in fact i must have been quite lucky in life because aside from comments on the net ive never really had comments about my weight

I didn't get bullied about my weight either. I got bullied for being crap at PE and just got bullied in general

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hate the snow and the cold in general :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Making me want to sit in my room and eat junk all day. Just want it to be summer now
Hi everyone,
I just wondered if I could have some advice. One of the biggest problems I have (especially with counting calories) is school lunches (which are compulsory). Just wondering, from this menu, what you think the healthiest options are. Thank you!

Spoiler

Original post by belligerent ghoul
Hi everyone,
I just wondered if I could have some advice. One of the biggest problems I have (especially with counting calories) is school lunches (which are compulsory). Just wondering, from this menu, what you think the healthiest options are. Thank you!

Spoiler

Is it compulsory to eat everything? I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to download MyFitnessPal and try to log what they give you, and work from there. School lunch portions tend to be big so take that into account.

Personally, I'd say the baked potatoes look the least calorific. I'd skip on the desserts all together, if you're allowed to. Fruit, salad and soup are also all good options. Those main meals all look so calorific, though! I'm so glad I don't have to eat school lunches anymore XD
Walked for a total of two and a quarter hours in the snow :smile: definitely feeling it in my legs, the internet tells me it burnt ~600 calories, which is great :biggrin:

Back at my boyfriend's warming up - we bought some of the flavoured options sachets, so think I'm gonna have a caramel one :smile: dinner tonight will be something grabbed from the station, probably an M&S fuller longer thing that I can eat on the train.
I've starting planking a bit more to try and improve my time, but what would I be able to log that as on MFP? Anyone? xx
Original post by caiitlinz
Is it compulsory to eat everything? I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to download MyFitnessPal and try to log what they give you, and work from there. School lunch portions tend to be big so take that into account.

Personally, I'd say the baked potatoes look the least calorific. I'd skip on the desserts all together, if you're allowed to. Fruit, salad and soup are also all good options. Those main meals all look so calorific, though! I'm so glad I don't have to eat school lunches anymore XD

I can't wait until I'm done with school lunches haha. We're allowed to pick and choose of course! There's some things I know to avoid (roast, pizza, chips) but otherwise I'm not sure. It doesn't seem healthy to be eating potatoes and pasta all the time but I'm not sure if that's the best option. Thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by belligerent ghoul
I can't wait until I'm done with school lunches haha. We're allowed to pick and choose of course! There's some things I know to avoid (roast, pizza, chips) but otherwise I'm not sure. It doesn't seem healthy to be eating potatoes and pasta all the time but I'm not sure if that's the best option. Thanks for the advice :smile:

You could go for the mains with just veg rather than potatoes as well (e.g. the pie, the roast lamb and the fish)

Generally, key things to avoid are things like creamy/cheesey sauces, desserts, etc.

I'd probably go for:
Jacket potato and tuna (Monday)
Pasta with chicken (Tuesday)
Pie and veg, no potatoes (Wednesday)
Lamb and veg (Thursday)
Fish and veg (Friday)

And then fresh fruit :smile:
1 minute 20 seconds for my plank incase anyone's interested. I have to improve this!
Reply 9577
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
1 minute 20 seconds for my plank incase anyone's interested. I have to improve this!

That's about the same as me :smile: I managed 1 minute 30 yesterday, it'd be pretty cool to reach the 5 minute mark one day, but I think that's quite a way off!!
Original post by tumbling
That's about the same as me :smile: I managed 1 minute 30 yesterday, it'd be pretty cool to reach the 5 minute mark one day, but I think that's quite a way off!!

I have a friend who can do 5 minutes and I just sit in awe and watch her. But I'm going to start doing them daily and hopefully that'll help me improve :biggrin:.
Hey everyone on this very snowy Sunday :smile:

I want to start doing the upper body section on my fitness DVD and obviously I need weights :smile: Soooo looking for advice, what weight should I start with? I was thinking 2kg each, is this too light or too heavy for a novice?

Thanks in advance :biggrin: x

Latest