The Student Room Group
Original post by caiitlinz
Hey all, just had a thought; if any of you have MyFitnessPal, feel free to add me! I need more friends ;__;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/catlingood

Added :-).
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Rock bottom is excellent. When you're at rock bottom, the ground is solid. You can only build on solid ground. Things can only get better. I could sing that to you if you liked, but I doubt that'd help... :getmecoat:

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36242624']No, hello a new and hopefully better chapter of your life.
Massive :hugs: that must have been really hard, but in the long run I think you've done the best thing for your mental wellbeing

Original post by boba
rock bottom means things are only going to get better:console:

PRSOM for all three of you :colone:
It'll be a good thing for me in the long run, I know. Just hard right now but if I've survived this long without him surely I can survive longer. :smile: Thanks :hugs: (I don't know why I post things related to my ex and all that on here.. I guess I find this thread quite comforting which is nice :smile:)

-----

Had one of those silly little Chicago Town microwave pizzas for tea. About to have a KitKat. I suppose it's better than nothing... I was at the library when all this stuff happened and the way I was feeling I think it's an achievement that I've managed to eat something and resisted jumping on a train and going home!
Reply 9602
Original post by outlaw-torn
Deleted and blocked him from facebook, deleted his number, deleted him from the messenger we use. Good bye ex. Hello rock bottom.

*hug*

I have just gone through a break up so please do message me if you want to chat, I'd say I have an idea of how you feel even if it isn't exactly the same and I do promise you it will get better. I felt like I could never get over my ex then one day things just clicked. I am still sad but I know I can move on.

In other news, think I've been overdoing the gym, might have to scale it back. Went for a half marathon training session with colleagues the other night and I was the fastest which was nice (not sure that says much though haha).
Love the amount of motivational pictures in this thread right now, am in need of them after a bad weekend. :tongue: Drank heavily both Friday and Saturday night, and even ate cheesy chips on Friday night. :frown: Stuck to spirits and diet mixers though, and avoided takeaway on the Saturday. Kept my food calories quite low too.

I'm drinking heavily again tomorrow night though. :frown: And each drink will probably be around 150 calories each, because it's at a triples bar... will have to factor that into tomorrow's calories, yay... oh, alcohol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Gah, I'm so annoyed.

I've not got much on this week, so I'd planned to go to loads of exercise classes, but I just got an email and 3 out of 4 of them are cancelled cause the rooms are being used :frown: Going to go to zumba Wednesday (I went once before and didn't really like it, but it's the only class that's on, so I figured I'd give it another go, plus I know someone else who goes now), then I might go to pilates Thursday night instead of body combat (cancelled). Guess I'll just have to make up the difference with 30DS (and possibly running if I'm back up to it (going out on Tuesday to test it)
396566_10151210578300302_557230301_22711915_1998454592_n.jpg

Hey guys!

My flatmate is organising a 10K run for charity on 26th February in Regents Park for anyone who is interested. It's for Sylvia Wright which is a registered charity.

Over the years, Sylvia has built and established a modern hospital, a school for deaf children, two centres for severely disabled children as well as running many vital community health projects. In 2009 she founded a Nursing College which now has 40 students rising to 80 in 2012.

The run is open to people of ALL abilities and you can run, skip, walk or even cartwheel your way through the 10k-whatever suits you!

There will be PRIZES for the fastest runners, most money raised etc to help keep everyone motivated!

For more information please email [email protected]

I have attached the leaflet for the run (I hope the attachment works, since this is the first time I have used the attach function).

Thanks everyone! I hope a few of you will sign up, it should be fun!
Had a really stupid night and, despite going to bed at 9pm, didn't get to sleep until 3am because I spent the whole night worrying about what to have for breakfast because I don't have time to exercise today - the idea of having 2 weetabix was giving me a panic attack. Stupid food fears....I did end up having 2 weetabix.
Reply 9607
Original post by bittybatty
Had a really stupid night and, despite going to bed at 9pm, didn't get to sleep until 3am because I spent the whole night worrying about what to have for breakfast because I don't have time to exercise today - the idea of having 2 weetabix was giving me a panic attack. Stupid food fears....I did end up having 2 weetabix.

Oooh, understand the feeling of having to earn the meals, and had a broken sleep myself :hugs:
Truth is, it really doesn't make a difference. I understand the logic when dieting for working towards treats on cheat days, although I don't entirely agree with it anymore. But diet or none, for you to eat is a right, not a privilege. If we're terrible with the chocs and crisps, and you want lunch, still have lunch. If you have an exercise-free day and want dessert, hey go ahead have dessert! If you don't move from the couch all day and Mum's cooked up a bloody roastie, if you want it then go for it :biggrin:
What I'm saying in quite a roundabout way is you might be over-thinking all this. To be losing sleep over 2 Weetabix is completely unfair on yourself, and you needn't worry so much about breakfast or any other meal. Sometimes it's better to let things go a little and trust the fact you're smart enough to make good decisions for your health without obsessing over it :smile:
I'm glad you had them anyway, right decision ^_^
Reply 9608
Lost a pound and a half this week :smile: now 12 stone 4 exactly :biggrin:
Another pound lost. 82 down, 23 to go.

5 to go until "normal"!
Didn't eat too badly yesterday. I still have some chocolate left though. :erm: If I don't develop a hangover, I probably will go to the gym after uni. I'm very skint at the moment so I'm going to be living on about £10 a week which means that food shopping will be prioritizing the basic, healthy food and chocolate won't get a look in as it's far too expensive! It'll be tight but hopefully it'll do the diet some good.
Toasted rye bread and nutella is the most amazingly epic breakfast ever.
Also under 250 cals!
Got my pedometer out, and have decided that I won't stop walking until I hit 10,000 steps. Will go out and walk in circles round the garden if I have to.

Might jog some of the steps as well, which is obviously even better, but I have to start being more active in general!

5 to go until "normal"!

Well done! You are an absolute weight loss machine!

5 to go until "normal"!

Woo, well done :smile: PRSOM :biggrin:

I'm off into town to food shop for the week. I managed to spend my entire weekly budget on clothes at the weekend :colondollar: which means using up everything in my freezer in an attempt not to spend too much. At least this means I can't afford to buy unhealthy food :tongue:

Although at least I now have a sports bra that actually fits :biggrin:
Reply 9615
Why is there snow? I'm meant to be running a 10K in June... and I'm about as unfit as someone can be, and I'm a good 5 stone overweight... I NEED TO GET OUT AND RUN.
Original post by Aemiliana
Well done! You are an absolute weight loss machine!

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36248976']Woo, well done :smile: PRSOM :biggrin:

Thank you :-). I really didn't deserve to lose weight this week, as I haven't made any effort at all, but never mind I'm not going to complain!

Got so much uni work to do today, need to get a grip and do it then I have some time left over to exercise!
This week I'm going to try and have a chocolate free week (it's my diet nemesis) as I have masses of uni work to do as I've really taken my foot of the pedal and I'm a little nervous about biking to the gym with all the snow and ice
Only done 1,759 steps so far. This is going to take a while.
im 5"7 and 11 stone.. really want to get down to 9 and a half stone, finding it hard to resist chocolate though :frown:

Latest