The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Have graduates started getting interviews? I had applied to Leeds last year and didn't hear 'rejection' until end of January. Don't want to hear rejection again as it's my first choice.
Reply 581
Original post by pdk
Have graduates started getting interviews? I had applied to Leeds last year and didn't hear 'rejection' until end of January. Don't want to hear rejection again as it's my first choice.

I dont think anyone's heard yet:confused:
Reply 582
Original post by crash123
I dont think anyone's heard yet:confused:

That's cool then. They score you under different sections and if your total score is above that cutoff score (think was 37 or 39 last year), they'll invite you to interview. I missed out by 7 I think! But the only thing I've changed this year is a better PS and a confirmed 2.1 degree, so hoping this will be enough...or they simply lower their cutoff score for this year :smile:
Original post by pdk
That's cool then. They score you under different sections and if your total score is above that cutoff score (think was 37 or 39 last year), they'll invite you to interview. I missed out by 7 I think! But the only thing I've changed this year is a better PS and a confirmed 2.1 degree, so hoping this will be enough...or they simply lower their cutoff score for this year :smile:

Does anyone know what the number of applicants was last UCAS cycle?
Reply 584
Original post by thegodofgod
Does anyone know what the number of applicants was last UCAS cycle?

no idea about last UCAS cycle, but this year leeds has over 4000 applicants.

edit: for medicine
Reply 585
Original post by .eXe

*nearly 4000 applicants.
Reply 586
Original post by Besakt
*nearly 4000 applicants.

My mistake.

Here is the exact quote from email: The School of Medicine has received nearly 4,000 applications for the MB ChB course at Leeds this year. Due to this large number it will take time for all the information on the UCAS forms to be assessed and the majority of applicants will not hear from us until after the Christmas break. Interviews are scheduled to take place in February and March 2012. We will place further details of the interview timetable on our web site over the next few weeks.
Reply 587
Basically, Leeds have more applications this year than last.. so I'm guessing the cut-off to interview will be higher? :frown:
Original post by rozca
Basically, Leeds have more applications this year than last.. so I'm guessing the cut-off to interview will be higher? :frown:

Not necessarily because it depends on the quality of the applications. It could be that this year they have more applicants because more people meet their minimum entry requirement, who will score not really high on the academics bit.
Of course its quite likely that the cut-off will be higher but we can't be certain. Lets just wait and see :smile:
Reply 589
Original post by rozca

well more applications doesn't necessarily mean better applications.

I doubt the cut offs will change, most schools have them set pretty ridiculously high anyways.

And I think (not 100%) but last year Leeds had 3600 apps, this year it's 200-300 more; which I don't think will affect the cut off.
Reply 590
Original post by Scarface-Don
Not necessarily because it depends on the quality of the applications. It could be that this year they have more applicants because more people meet their minimum entry requirement, who will score not really high on the academics bit.
Of course its quite likely that the cut-off will be higher but we can't be certain. Lets just wait and see :smile:

Don't really know why you got negged mate.
Original post by .eXe
well more applications doesn't necessarily mean better applications.

I doubt the cut offs will change, most schools have them set pretty ridiculously high anyways.

And I think (not 100%) but last year Leeds had 3600 apps, this year it's 200-300 more; which I don't think will affect the cut off.

+ UKCAT scores have been lower this year, so hopefully fewer applicants will get the 1 bonus point for >700 average UKCAT score :ninja:
Original post by .eXe
Don't really know why you got negged mate.

Typical TSR behaviour :biggrin:
Original post by Scarface-Don

Gave you a possy to counter the neggy :smile:
Original post by thegodofgod
Gave you a possy to counter the neggy :smile:

Haha thanks :tongue: You'll make an excellent doctor given your caring attitude towards other people's feelings.
Reply 595
Original post by .eXe
Lee please withdraw your app if you already have your first choice offer. That way you will slightly lower our competition lol. Congrats on the offer btw. Which school is it from?

Lol - am thinking about it ><

My first choice is UCL :P
So basically once santas been then some people will start getting their letters of interview invitation, i assume these will be in the post in januray if there's interviews in feb
Reply 597
Original post by laurenl93
So basically once santas been then some people will start getting their letters of interview invitation, i assume these will be in the post in januray if there's interviews in feb

Yup Santa sends the letters. :biggrin:
Reply 598
Original post by .eXe

Last year had about 3700 and the cutoff was 38/45.. I was one off the cut off :frown:
So hope I make it this year!
Reply 599
Original post by navbar
Last year had about 3700 and the cutoff was 38/45.. I was one off the cut off :frown:
So hope I make it this year!

yeah you will if your now a gapper and last time your grades were predicted not achieved. can i ask what your application is like? so the rest of us get an idea :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending