The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by alexclater
I have now have offers from Nottingham, Bath, York and Loughborough eeee!! Just waiting for Warwick, how long do they want to take????

Sent mine off in Nov, took till last week till they gave me an offer.
However, since the deadline has just passed, you should be getting replies soon. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Faridk
Sent mine off in Nov, took till last week till they gave me an offer.
However, since the deadline has just passed, you should be getting replies soon. Good luck :smile:

I sent mine off in November too! Haha oh dear..
Reply 982
Does warwick normally send out decisions on wednesday?
Original post by skyue
Does warwick normally send out decisions on wednesday?

Mine was on a wednesday so perhaps.
I have done my accounting unit 1 and Maths C1 last week and feel confident enough that I will get A's in both of them. Has anyone here been predicted an A* for their A2 accounting....?
Reply 985
Does anyone know how many places Warwick does for accounting and finance? I know Nottingham takes in 200 and Bath 75, but seeming Warwick is high for A&F, they should take in a high amount too right??
Original post by Faridk

Original post by Faridk
Does anyone know how many places Warwick does for accounting and finance? I know Nottingham takes in 200 and Bath 75, but seeming Warwick is high for A&F, they should take in a high amount too right??

It's around 100 places according to Warwick's website, so I'd estimate they send out 150-200 offers.
I hear Exeter is over-rated... so is it a good uni overall and for Acc+fin ?
where on the league table would it be? same as bristol? or not?
Reply 988
Warwick last yr:
602 applicants from the EU/UK
86 enrolled from the EU/UK

Overseas was 1088/107

I would assume about ~200 offers would be made to cater in people picking to do stuff like KPMG school leavers, people picking LSE and people missing their grades.
Reply 989
(edited 11 years ago)
Got a place at john snow college- does anyone know if its any good? how does it compare to the other college?
Reply 991
Original post by soldiersixteen
Got a place at john snow college- does anyone know if its any good? how does it compare to the other college?

Congratulations! :smile:. That's what I was thinking, I only had two five minute videos to go by and chose Stevenson in the end solely because it's closer to a gym haha. Is that the college that you chose or was yours an open application? Cheers
Original post by ttina
Congratulations! :smile:. That's what I was thinking, I only had two five minute videos to go by and chose Stevenson in the end solely because it's closer to a gym haha. Is that the college that you chose or was yours an open application? Cheers

Open application. After having seen both the colleges online, i think i would have preferred Stevenson.
Reply 993
Original post by soldiersixteen

Hey man what was your grades AS grades and your Gcse Grades if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by jessal
Hey man what was your grades AS grades and your Gcse Grades if you dont mind me asking?

ABB at AS, got predicted ABB.
GCSE- 4A, 2B 1C but i kind of did my GCSE's in one year.
Reply 995
Offer from Exeter AAA, I am predicted only AAB however.. I was under the impression (because on their website the entry requirements were AAA-AAB) that I would have received the lower offer, darn! So I'm a bit confused, why the range in requirements?
Reply 996
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 997
Original post by henry93
I believe that they give the lower offer sometimes to people that come from a financially disadvantaged background or people who have extenuating circumstances such as illness during exams.

Ah right Ok, thanks. I did email one of the A&F staff at Exeter asking about it, but only ever got an ambiguous reply along the lines of 'if you meet the requirements you should be fine' - wasn't the best of help to be honest.
Reply 998
Original post by gtcalder
Offer from Exeter AAA, I am predicted only AAB however.. I was under the impression (because on their website the entry requirements were AAA-AAB) that I would have received the lower offer, darn! So I'm a bit confused, why the range in requirements?

Some people do more then 3 A levels.
Just got an offer for the BDO school leavers scheme in Birmingham!!! over the moon.....they said Il be studying my ACA right from the beggining...Now Im stuck as too whether I should go uni or not lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending