The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by wavezone113
Really?? My UCAS Track has been completely unresponsive! I confirmed my interview for one uni already and nothing has changed... :\

Click on the course code
Original post by kim93
Click on the course code

Yeah I saw someone (probably you) said to do that earlier in the thread but it's still the same as it was before. :\
Reply 382
Original post by wavezone113
Yeah I saw someone (probably you) said to do that earlier in the thread but it's still the same as it was before. :\

Hmmm, very strange. You might just have to wait for the post. Just that Nottingham doesn't give much time
Reply 383
Original post by cococreme
I'm doing IB, predicted 43 overall with 7,7,7 in chem, bio and maths HL.
UKCAT... well,not really well... VR 500, QR 620, AR 640, DA 700...
I'm really suprised... and more stressed than before!

Ah cool! I'm predicted 41 with 7, 7, 7 HL in Chem, Bio and Psychology :smile: hope to get an interview soon :smile:

What were your GCSEs?
Reply 384
Original post by YesDoc
Ah cool! I'm predicted 41 with 7, 7, 7 HL in Chem, Bio and Psychology :smile: hope to get an interview soon :smile:

What were your GCSEs?

No GCSEs- I'm from Poland :wink:
Reply 385
Original post by righthanded5
What qualifications did you take then?

IB. I also provided results of test that ends secondary junior school in Poland (but it's much different than GCSEs)... The rest in my application was pretty standard, I guess.
IB. I also provided results of test that ends secondary junior school in Poland (but it's much different than GCSEs)... The rest in my application was pretty standard, I guess.

Did you do well for those? :smile: I don't take GCSEs too and my results from my secondary school were like... Hmm.
Reply 387
Original post by Metastasis
Did you do well for those? :smile: I don't take GCSEs too and my results from my secondary school were like... Hmm.

Hmm, my results for secondary school were above average. However I am very surprised with the interview as my UKCAT wasn't impressive... Did you also get an interview?
Reply 388
Had my interview today.

Really hope they liked me :afraid:

Nottingham seems like a med school I'd really like to go to. You get to do dissections :awesome:
Reply 389
Original post by modini
Had my interview today.

Really hope they liked me :afraid:

Nottingham seems like a med school I'd really like to go to. You get to do dissections :awesome:

How was it? Was it rather standard?
Reply 390
How was it? Was it rather standard?

Well the whole experience was exhausting because I got there for 10:30 and ended up leaving by 16:15 (I had my interview at 16:00). It was quite enjoyable though. The interview itself was so short (I don't think it was even 15 minutes). They just focused on the reasons for medicine and some hypothetical scenarios, ethical or otherwise.

EDIT: WTF, negged for this...? Did someone get a rejection and is angry? Boohoo.
(edited 12 years ago)

Hmm, my results for secondary school were above average. However I am very surprised with the interview as my UKCAT wasn't impressive... Did you also get an interview?

Nope :frown: I hope it's not because I'm rejected! Congrats and all the best for your interview alright :smile:
Reply 392
I get this feeling Nottingham has forgotten about me ...
Reply 393
Original post by intoruins
I get this feeling Nottingham has forgotten about me ...

Same here. Do I still have a hope?
Original post by ukmed108
Same here. Do I still have a hope?

I don't know, they said they're giving out interviews until the end of february in score order. Though, no one has gotten one on here for a while, maybe people are getting them outside of tsr? All I know is, I haven't heard a peep
Reply 395
Original post by blahblah772
I don't know, they said they're giving out interviews until the end of february in score order. Though, no one has gotten one on here for a while, maybe people are getting them outside of tsr? All I know is, I haven't heard a peep

Waaaait up score order? They score?
Reply 396

It was on the page before.

Original post by -Simon-
E-mailed them yesterday and got a reply today. :smile:

"We are sending invitation out all the time now and interview until the end March, we will be sending out invitation untilt he end of February. We are still collating information and will call people in the score order as described below.

When assessing an application, we first look to ensure that our minimum academic qualifications have been met, at GCSE and predicted grades at A level. Applicants who have met the academic criteria are then considered using a range of factors.

We consider and score the following criteria when making our decisions:
* academic ability; top 8 GCSE's including the ones required
* personal and referees statements on your UCAS form;
* responses to our on-line questionnaire;
* UKCAT scores for the four cognitive components. (there is no cut off , each section score is used)

These factors are considered and compared against other applications received when deciding who will be invited for an interview.

It is a case of waiting I am afraid, we have no more information for you at present.

All interviews go onto UCAS track."
Reply 397
Original post by -Simon-
It was on the page before.

Ah thanks. WELL this explains things. I don't get how they'd score you based on your responses to the questionnaire though - it seemed pretty personal to me.
Reply 398
I got a Christmas card from Nottingham today. I will be much happier if I get an interview invitation.
Reply 399

Well when you go before interview and hand in the documents you are requested to bring they ask you to check over your ucas form. On it there is your gcse score - top 8, i think it is 2 for an A* as I had a score of 16 with 8A*s. Then there was a score on top of the personal statement - I had 8 - though I don't know what it is out of.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending