The Student Room Group

Things you hate in the gym?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by henrysickle
I was at the gym yesterday. Was swimming some lengths in the pool, and I saw this absolutely huge woman just sitting off with her mate. She didn't swim once.

I get out to use the sauna, a few minutes later, this big fatty goes into the steam room to do SOME MORE FRIGGING SITTING. CAN'T SHE SEE SHE'S AT A GYM AND NEEDS TO SHED SOME OF HER FLABBER?

Hahaha agreed! The worse thing, I bet you she thinks that entitles her to get a MacDonalds on the way home cause she thinks she's burnt off 500 calories with her hour sat in the pool.
Reply 61
Original post by TheGrandmaster
Not hard to annoy you is it? What is it about a lack of sleeves that vexes you so badly?

guys in vests are nobs, STANDARD.

especially guys in clubs with vests
Earlier closing on Sundays. Not all of us want to watch sentimental tv.
Reply 63
The group of mothers that enjoying gossiping very loudly while on the machines - while panting of course!

Bad range of motion. This is the most common and irritating thing. Idiots loading up the squat bar with dozens of plates and then squatting three inches. If you can't squat it at least to parallel, you can't squat it, and you're not fooling anyone who knows anything about it. See also bench press.
Original post by thisismycatch22
Bad range of motion. This is the most common and irritating thing. Idiots loading up the squat bar with dozens of plates and then squatting three inches. If you can't squat it at least to parallel, you can't squat it, and you're not fooling anyone who knows anything about it. See also bench press.

Spot on. There is a douche at my gym, who thinks he can bench 100kg. But it is an absolute fail. He gets the help of his two friends to lift the bar off the rack, and then lowers the bar by about an inch or two for about 3 reps lol.

WTF is going on. Either bench 100kg properly, or lower the weight to 70kg.

I hate people who think they are bigger than they actually are, by lifting heavier weights but with the most atrocious form i have ever seen.
Reply 66
Being told you're doing something wrong by someone, and then you get told by a different person you're now doing it wrong again. :colone:
Original post by eaasy

Somebody asked on here the other day "how big do you have to be to wear a vest?"
I think it should've been "how big does your ego have to be to wear a vest?" :awesome:
People who take up an hour on the treadmill by taking a walk.
It is exactly the same level of physical exertion as wandering about between the cupboards in the kitchen, except with Lycra, wildly-flailing arms and an extreme look of absolute concentration.
Please take up hoovering.
People who look at me like i'm an idiot when i'm warming up with just a bar. I'm being safe :frown: also when I get dodgy looks for deadlifting about 6inches off the floor to protect my back.

Other things have already been said, rowing machine technique really pisses me off.
Reply 70
Original post by Dave_Beeston
People who look at me like i'm an idiot when i'm warming up with just a bar. I'm being safe :frown: also when I get dodgy looks for deadlifting about 6inches off the floor to protect my back.

Other things have already been said, rowing machine technique really pisses me off.

i feel you pain, when hench guys look at me for doing my first set with an empty bar lol. Id rather save my back than feed my ego.
Lets see my updated lol list.

-Flexing too much
-Gobby ****es hogging equipment
-Elite personal trainers not worth the **** they get paid
-People being "OMFG SURPRISED!" to be unable to pass me whilst I DL. If you knock it, you feel it.

-Actually wincing at a DL competition 2 elite trainers do with 8 or more of their buddies who then proceed to hurt themselves (they didnt show it) by going for 1REM that they cannot lift properly.

I was actually mindful of bicep tears seeing as they were using mixed grip and possibly loading the weight onto said bicep. ¬_¬ Its not nice to see a bicep tendon rip. oO
Original post by edd360
Tut tut naughty boy looking at old men's balls
NAUGHTY BOY someone's going to be getting a spanking;)

:lolwut:
Reply 73
Original post by crazycake93
:lolwut:

:wink: yeah baby :wink:
Original post by edd360
:wink: yeah baby :wink:

:lolwut::lolwut:
Reply 75

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
Women in full make up - it's a gym. You're gunna get sweaty and red-faced and puffy and your hair will get covered in sweat. if you don't come out of the gym covered in sweat with your eyeliner running down your face, what was the point in going?
Original post by eaasy

Don't go and see a basketball game, brah, you'd hate it.

That edd guy has a girly lurking on it sometimes :wink:
Reply 79
People staring
People on treadmill on full incline WHILST holding onto the machine, are they too thick too realise this is pointless?
Hogging weight machines for too long

Quick Reply

Latest