The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I sent my email to the as.12 address on Tuesday.. I haven't had an email back yet, no login details for anything etc. How long did people's replies take to arrive? When should I be concerned, am I just being impatient? haha!

also - Geography (science) and I'm at Van Mildert :biggrin: so excited for October!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by Rachh93
I sent my email to the as.12 address on Tuesday.. I haven't had an email back yet, no login details for anything etc. How long did people's replies take to arrive? When should I be concerned, am I just being impatient? haha!

also - Geography (science) and I'm at Van Mildert :biggrin: so excited for October!

Are you sure as12 is supposed to answer? ... I sent them an e-mail in mid-June :^_^:
Well I now have my username, and password (which i have changed) and now im getting "
Could not log in. Valid authentication credentials were not provided." whenever I try to log in, argh. I know im putting the right stuff in..
Original post by Rachh93

I sent mine off over a week ago on A level results day and only got mine about 3 days ago (so just under a week) but I know people that have been waiting for longer I wouldn't worry yet!

Original post by Jørgen
Are you sure as12 is supposed to answer? ... I sent them an e-mail in mid-June :^_^:

They're supposed to send you an email from no.reply@durham... which should have your username on one day and password on the next day for the DUO online system :smile:

Original post by magicalelf
Well I now have my username, and password (which i have changed) and now im getting "
Could not log in. Valid authentication credentials were not provided." whenever I try to log in, argh. I know im putting the right stuff in..

Mine generally takes a few attempts to log in - just keep trying and it should work eventually :smile:
Original post by magicalelf

I have exactly the same problem.
Reply 105
Original post by rubberdam123
are we meant to receive something that tells us what's going on during freshers week?

can we buy tickets for events anywhere?

The DSU (which someone else posted you a link for) does whole university events, but the colleges also do events, if you can find their JCR website it might say something, or some colleges put information in the freshers pack that you should of go in the post.
Original post by ^-^mely^-^

Original post by ^-^mely^-^
So excited to be in! Doing Maths, only not sure where yet - they haven't given me a college :/ eurgh...
also, is anyone else doing maths/ knows whether we're supposed to be doing any prep before hand? :/

Last year for Maths we got sent a workbook with questions and practice in- it's quite a lot tbh. It will be helpful if you do it but it's more just for going over things yourself so noone will check if you've done it. I think there's a link online on the Maths BUYS page but you have to login and it won't let me in- maybe because you need to be a fresher to view it or something...
Reply 107
Original post by pianofluteftw

They're supposed to send you an email from no.reply@durham... which should have your username on one day and password on the next day for the DUO online system :smile:

Oh, I see. :^_^:
just wondering people who are going to be at stevo, during freshers week are you going to something everyday or going to a few with a break or two?
Original post by rebeccap
The DSU (which someone else posted you a link for) does whole university events, but the colleges also do events, if you can find their JCR website it might say something, or some colleges put information in the freshers pack that you should of go in the post.

What's in the freshers pack?
In the post, I only got an accomodation form, list of charges and a couple of letters from the JCR president.

This is for aidans by the way.
Original post by rubberdam123
What's in the freshers pack?
In the post, I only got an accomodation form, list of charges and a couple of letters from the JCR president.

This is for aidans by the way.

Yeah at Aidan's all we seemed to get was accomodation and medical and stuff - hopefully they'll put more info up online soon! :smile:
Has anyone done the module registration yet? Are we supposed to register our optional modules yet or do you just submit the compulsory ones?
Original post by zeb191
I ticket column one for everything but the yarm trip..freshers week is only going to happen once so may as well go for it :wink:

I was thinking the exact same thing but i wasnt sure if some people were planning on having little flat parties or whatever rather than going out every night. Plus you'll get to have a look at all the possible clubs in differnet locations rather than just the one town
sorry another problem. On the orange checklist in the welcome pack it says that between the 24th August and the 8th September we should complete the accommodation agreement online on aes, however when I log into this I cannot find anything about accommodation agreements. Just wondering if this is wrong or if there is a link somewhere that I'm missing
Original post by muffinWOMAN
sorry another problem. On the orange checklist in the welcome pack it says that between the 24th August and the 8th September we should complete the accommodation agreement online on aes, however when I log into this I cannot find anything about accommodation agreements. Just wondering if this is wrong or if there is a link somewhere that I'm missing

According to my pack (which is different to yours) it wont be availible until 1st Sept :/ Who knows!
Reply 115
Original post by pianofluteftw
According to my pack (which is different to yours) it wont be availible until 1st Sept :/ Who knows!

That's what mine says too, and seeing as AES is a university-wide thing, not just colleges, I'd guess it's the same for everyone :smile:
Original post by muffinWOMAN
just wondering people who are going to be at stevo, during freshers week are you going to something everyday or going to a few with a break or two?

I ticked everything in the first colum apart from the sports bar crawl. I don't plan on going to everything but the handbook said a few things sell out so i'd like to have the option to go or not when i'm there rather than having to sit in on my own :smile: Also i like your idea of flat parties i'll bear that in mind as it's my birthday in the 2nd/3rd week!:smile:
is everyone else having problems buying the freshers events pack on the DSU site? It keeps saying 'recalculating'....
Reply 118
Hmm, I haven't received any fresher pack yet... Just the acceptance letter. I've done all the online stuff and sent some forms back though (printed the forms off myself), and I'm gonna start on the maths problems sheet tomorrow (or if not tomorrow, then a tomorrow).

(Engineering at Collingwood).
Can we buy tickets for the events during freshers week when we get there, or are they likely to be sold out by then?

Quick Reply

Latest