The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Question for girls: what do we wear to interviews? I know it's meant to be pretty smart, but how smart are we talking? Is a skirt and blouse ok or do we need to go for the full on suit??
Original post by Yorkshiregirl11
Question for girls: what do we wear to interviews? I know it's meant to be pretty smart, but how smart are we talking? Is a skirt and blouse ok or do we need to go for the full on suit??

I wore black trousers and a smart blouse for mine, but some people were wearing suits i think.
For those of you who have received offers, have you had an email from Sheffield themselves? I only got an email from UCAS saying Track had changed, it's been a few weeks now and I still haven't had an email from Sheffield :s-smilie:
Reply 583
Original post by sunnybacon
For those of you who have received offers, have you had an email from Sheffield themselves? I only got an email from UCAS saying Track had changed, it's been a few weeks now and I still haven't had an email from Sheffield :s-smilie:

I only received my offer package after I firmed it on UCAS so don't worry too much about it. Its official :smile:

Congratulations to all of you with offers! And good luck to everyone else! :h:

i wore a full - on suit, i was grateful i'd decided to go real smart because some other girls didn't look smart and i don't think that reflected well. my interview was 16th december, i got an offer a week ago :smile: good luck!
Reply 585

depends what you feel comfortable in. Some people were wearing like a skirt and blouse like you said, others have a skirt blouse and niceish pblazer. I went in a fullon trouser suit, cause I thought it was best to be overdressed than underdressed. But I didn't feel like I was too smart so thats okay.
Original post by sunnybacon

Still haven't heard anything directly from Sheffield, but I only got my offer a few days ago. :smile: I wouldn't worry though, isn't UCAS leagally binding? They can't take our places away now! :biggrin: It doesn't seem like Sheffield are the most organised of universities out there so it could be a while yet...

At my interview only one girl was not in a full suit, but she still looked smart. I'd say wear a jacket if you have one, just to be on the safe side :smile: They do have a room for you to put bags, coats etc. in, so if you relly didn't feel comfortable in it you could always take it off.
Original post by Vulpes
:hi:

Any tips for the Drug Advert SSC? :colondollar:

Lol no not really. Pick a drug and analyze? There's not that much to it. Almost everyone gets at least a "Good" in it unless you're crap at presenting.
Reply 589
Hi,
I have interview soon and was wondering if any of you had any advice?
What is the article that has been mentioned?
Well done with anyone with offers!
:smile:
Reply 590
Had my interview recently, interviewers were quite friendly so I felt relaxed enough during the interview (though I was less than relaxed just before :P). Good luck to anyone still to do their interviews.

Now to play the waiting game.
Reply 591
Original post by hookguy
Had my interview recently, interviewers were quite friendly so I felt relaxed enough during the interview (though I was less than relaxed just before :P). Good luck to anyone still to do their interviews.

Now to play the waiting game.

Were you during the last week by any chance? I had mine last wednesday
Aww, my interviewers were pre mean, hope I handled the stress well.
Good luck for u app :smile:
Reply 592
Original post by apple17
Were you during the last week by any chance? I had mine last wednesday
Aww, my interviewers were pre mean, hope I handled the stress well.
Good luck for u app :smile:

Yeah mine was last week but it was Friday!

Sometimes they change their tactics though, some of the people I met on the interview day said their interviewers were mean as well!

Yeah good luck to you too, I'm hoping to hear back sooner rather than later :P
Reply 593
Original post by hookguy
Yeah mine was last week but it was Friday!

Sometimes they change their tactics though, some of the people I met on the interview day said their interviewers were mean as well!

Yeah good luck to you too, I'm hoping to hear back sooner rather than later :P

Oh cool.
Yeah, the other guy in the other room at the same time as me had the "best" interview ever. I think it was to do with rooms, like one room had more stressful and pressuried interviews and the other was standard (before i get negged, this is just a thought and my opinion, not meant to be offensive)
Same, if its going to be a rejection, no point dragging it out and if it is an offer, then really good to brighten my mood during mocks. :smile:
Reply 594
Original post by apple17
Oh cool.
Yeah, the other guy in the other room at the same time as me had the "best" interview ever. I think it was to do with rooms, like one room had more stressful and pressuried interviews and the other was standard (before i get negged, this is just a thought and my opinion, not meant to be offensive)
Same, if its going to be a rejection, no point dragging it out and if it is an offer, then really good to brighten my mood during mocks. :smile:

Haha from your signature looks like you had a blast last week :P

Let me know how it goes with you for Sheffield, its probably my top choice so I'm pretty nervous about it but hope its alright!
Reply 595
Original post by hookguy
Haha from your signature looks like you had a blast last week :P

Let me know how it goes with you for Sheffield, its probably my top choice so I'm pretty nervous about it but hope its alright!

I know, best week ever (no sarcasm) :biggrin: England is amazing (i am intl)
Will do its prob going to be a rejection (I did unbelievably BAD), hope you get the offer then. :smile: It is an amazing place to be, not a huge city and so friendly and they are renovating the medic building so it will be pre good.
Reply 596
Original post by apple17
I know, best week ever (no sarcasm) :biggrin: England is amazing (i am intl)
Will do its prob going to be a rejection (I did unbelievably BAD), hope you get the offer then. :smile: It is an amazing place to be, not a huge city and so friendly and they are renovating the medic building so it will be pre good.

I remember last year there was an international who thought they did badly on their interview because of the interviewers' hostility, they kept looking at the clock on the wall and stuff. They got an offer though so you might have done better than you think! :smile:

Yeah I like that its not too big and not too small, pretty cheap and there's the awesome facilities.
Reply 597
Original post by hookguy
I remember last year there was an international who thought they did badly on their interview because of the interviewers' hostility, they kept looking at the clock on the wall and stuff. They got an offer though so you might have done better than you think! :smile:

Yeah I like that its not too big and not too small, pretty cheap and there's the awesome facilities.

Oh, are you a reapplicant? Yeah, mine kept doing that too. :cry: In most of my interviews, thought it was just to make sure we don't go over time, didn't even realize it was hostile. Fingers crossed for both of us, the medical school has prob already made the decision for my interview group, they said they do it within 2-3 days but the general office takes time to update. :s-smilie:
I said that as one of my reasons: not too big and not too small.
Reply 598
Original post by apple17
Oh, are you a reapplicant? Yeah, mine kept doing that too. :cry: In most of my interviews, thought it was just to make sure we don't go over time, didn't even realize it was hostile. Fingers crossed for both of us, the medical school has prob already made the decision for my interview group, they said they do it within 2-3 days but the general office takes time to update. :s-smilie:
I said that as one of my reasons: not too big and not too small.

Yep reapplicant, they didn't ask me about my gap year at all though just had to throw some of that in my answers :P

The woman at reception said they make their decisions early as well but they have to send it off to the main uni office or something. There should be a special office just for medics! :P

But anyhoo, sincerely hope we both get offers! :smile:
Reply 599
Original post by hookguy
Yep reapplicant, they didn't ask me about my gap year at all though just had to throw some of that in my answers :P

The woman at reception said they make their decisions early as well but they have to send it off to the main uni office or something. There should be a special office just for medics! :P

But anyhoo, sincerely hope we both get offers! :smile:

Well, at least you sounded enthusiastic and responsible. Had 2-3 re applicants in my group too, gappers are cool :smile:
Yeah, they should, would make life a ton lot easier for us medic aplicants. :tongue:
Same, it is my 2nd choice for a firm Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending