The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2860
Original post by klp
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely ask my referee to mention my illness in the reference.
I was just wondering if you knew whether or not I should declare the further maths AS on my certificate or the full further maths A Level which was not certified (as this was a U grade).
Thanks!
Sorry, unclear response. You should declare both unless someone on the UCAS helpdesk tells you otherwise.
I repeated year 12 with two subjects Maths and Physics.

I've put onto UCAS what I got for Maths and Physics the first time including the U grades for each.
Then I put in A2 Physics and Maths with the latest grades but I haven't put in two module grades because I will be resitting them (for a second time), one in each Maths and Physics. So what should I do?

Should I make another AS level entry this time with the grades of the first set of retakes without any pending including the ones I'll be resitting, whilst keeping the very first set of results?

Original post by Minerva
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2862
If you are re-sitting some modules of you AS subject do you have to put just the subject as pending or and also the module information as pending

If you are re-sitting the whole subject module do you just put the subject as pending
I am taking a gap year and have A*A*B at a level with A grades in every module with the exception of 2 D grades in 2 maths modules.

Should I still declare my module grades? I appreciate picking and choosing which to declare is probably not a good idea - so should I declare them all or none at all?

LSE is my first choice university if this makes any difference.
Does anyone know if any unis apart from Cambridge require you to put the individual grades on your UCAS form?

I'm not applying there as they don't offer my subject, but being a mature student (will be 21 when I apply) I lost some of my individual grade certificates from when I first did A-levels, so I only know the overall A-level grade. I've scoured the LSE etc. online prospectuses but most don't explicitly say.
Reply 2865
Original post by Ki Yung Na
I repeated year 12 with two subjects Maths and Physics.

I've put onto UCAS what I got for Maths and Physics the first time including the U grades for each.
Then I put in A2 Physics and Maths with the latest grades but I haven't put in two module grades because I will be resitting them (for a second time), one in each Maths and Physics. So what should I do?

Should I make another AS level entry this time with the grades of the first set of retakes without any pending including the ones I'll be resitting, whilst keeping the very first set of results?
If you received - or will receive - a new certificate for those AS levels, then yes you need to enter each version with the appropriate module grades. Check your results slips - if there's an overall grade for the AS then they were re-certificated. It sounds like you've entered the full A level correctly, and as you've left the modules you are resitting as pending I wouldn't worry about entering a pending AS level as well.

Original post by BoboG
If you are re-sitting some modules of you AS subject do you have to put just the subject as pending or and also the module information as pending

If you are re-sitting the whole subject module do you just put the subject as pending
It makes sense to include the module details and leave the grades as pending but you don't have to.

Original post by Jimm1y
I am taking a gap year and have A*A*B at a level with A grades in every module with the exception of 2 D grades in 2 maths modules.

Should I still declare my module grades?
I appreciate picking and choosing which to declare is probably not a good idea - so should I declare them all or none at all?

LSE is my first choice university if this makes any difference.
My advice is always to declare everything.

Original post by Morrisseya
Does anyone know if any unis apart from Cambridge require you to put the individual grades on your UCAS form?

I'm not applying there as they don't offer my subject, but being a mature student (will be 21 when I apply) I lost some of my individual grade certificates from when I first did A-levels, so I only know the overall A-level grade. I've scoured the LSE etc. online prospectuses but most don't explicitly say.
If you haven't got a record of the module grades you can't declare them. In that case, best to leave them all out, and ask your referee to mention any particular highlights in your reference. However, you could try asking your school if they have a record of the module grades - they just might.
Hi,
I'm currently taking a gap year and I'm doing some resits, so I have exams from January 2013, June 2013 (including one resit), June 2014 (including three resits) and will have June 2015 (either three or four resits only).
1. How do I show these on UCAS? Do I just enter the full A level as it stands and then results pending for the resits, but then this won't show the resits I did this summer?
2. I'm definitely resitting three modules next summer, I'm not sure about the fourth yet though. Do I put it on there or not?
3. I did maths and further maths and the final way the modules were arranged were different to how I'd done them in class, so for A2 further maths I ended up with S2, D2 and FP2 instead of the M2, D2 and FP2 I'd originally done it as. I'm assuming I put the arrangement they ended up as on my result sheet down as opposed to the order I did them in class?
Sorry for all the questions! I did this form last year and I still find it confusing...

Edit: The other thing is, I've just finished my gold D of E but it hasn't been signed off by the area coordinator person yet. Should I just put pending and then December 2014 as the date I'll finish it or something?
(edited 9 years ago)
I am filling out my ucas application and when filling in education I don't know what I should put if I am resitting some modules. Do I put in the grade I got or leave it as pending?
I think you have to put in your predicted grades as that is the one you want to apply with this year then...
Reply 2869
I have exactly the same dilemma!
Original post by benq
I have exactly the same dilemma!

My personal tutor told me to put the grades I got last year in the AS qualification and then put the modules I am resitting in with my A2 modules and leave the result as pending. So you put the modules you are resitting in twice altogether.
It depends.

If you're intending to try to boost the grade of the AS then you should show it both as a current qualification and as a pending one.

If you're not bothered about the AS but are trying to boost your UMS so as to boost your A2 grade you don't need to show anything except the pending A level and your current AS grade.

There's no need to show any modules on your form at all unless the course or university specifically asks for it. (Or if they're really good and you want to show them off.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2872
Original post by TeacherP
It depends.

If you're intending to try to boost the grade of the AS then you should show it both as a current qualification and as a pending one.

If you're not bothered about the AS but are trying to boost your UMS so as to boost your A2 grade you don't need to show anything except the pending A level and your current AS grade.

There's no need to show any modules on your form at all unless the course or university specifically asks for it. (Or if they're really good and you want to show them off.)

To boost the overall A2 grade is exactly what I want to do. And putting A-level as pending and only declaring AS would be a perfect option. However, many people say that I must declare what I previously got for the A-level? What do you think? What you are your sources for saying that it isn't necessary?
Reply 2873
Original post by furryface12
Hi,
I'm currently taking a gap year and I'm doing some resits, so I have exams from January 2013, June 2013 (including one resit), June 2014 (including three resits) and will have June 2015 (either three or four resits only).
1. How do I show these on UCAS? Do I just enter the full A level as it stands and then results pending for the resits, but then this won't show the resits I did this summer?
2. I'm definitely resitting three modules next summer, I'm not sure about the fourth yet though. Do I put it on there or not?
3. I did maths and further maths and the final way the modules were arranged were different to how I'd done them in class, so for A2 further maths I ended up with S2, D2 and FP2 instead of the M2, D2 and FP2 I'd originally done it as. I'm assuming I put the arrangement they ended up as on my result sheet down as opposed to the order I did them in class?
Sorry for all the questions! I did this form last year and I still find it confusing...

Edit: The other thing is, I've just finished my gold D of E but it hasn't been signed off by the area coordinator person yet. Should I just put pending and then December 2014 as the date I'll finish it or something?
If I have understood you correctly, you will have:

June 13 - AS levels (the resits in Jan and June will be covered by this)
June 14 - a revised AS level, assuming it was an AS module you resat and it was re-certificated (look on the results slip, if there was an overall grade for the AS level shown, it was) and the A levels
June 15 - what you show as pending depends on which modules you are resitting; see above for June 14 if these include AS modules.

If you are only sure about three resits, put those on. If you decide on the fourth later, email [email protected] with the details and let your unis know as well.

Enter the maths modules as they were arranged for the qualifications you were awarded.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Minerva
If I have understood you correctly, you will have:

June 13 - AS levels (the resits in Jan and June will be covered by this)
June 14 - a revised AS level, assuming it was an AS module you resat and it was re-certificated (look on the results slip, if there was an overall grade for the AS level shown, it was) and the A levels
June 15 - what you show as pending depends on which modules you are resitting; see above for June 14 if these include AS modules.

If you are only sure about three resits, put those on. If you decide on the fourth later, email [email protected] with the details and let your unis know as well.

Enter the maths modules as they were arranged for the qualifications you were awarded.

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense, I'll sort it out later then :smile:

The only thing I'm still not sure about- where I did F321 (chemistry) in January and June 2013, do I just put the June one down then? And similarly, I did FP1 in June 2013 and June 2014, how would I put that down? Sorry, I know you've answered it already, I'm just confused :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense, I'll sort it out later then :smile:

The only thing I'm still not sure about- where I did F321 (chemistry) in January and June 2013, do I just put the June one down then? And similarly, I did FP1 in June 2013 and June 2014, how would I put that down? Sorry, I know you've answered it already, I'm just confused :colondollar:

You only include AS or A levels that were certified. And you only include the modules associated with those certifications.

If your Chem AS was certified in Aug 13 using the Jun 13 result then that is the one you enter. This is the one point where including attempts don't matter - if you resit a module before your qualification is certified then it isn't something you can (or should) declare)
Original post by PQ
You only include AS or A levels that were certified. And you only include the modules associated with those certifications.

If your Chem AS was certified in Aug 13 using the Jun 13 result then that is the one you enter. This is the one point where including attempts don't matter - if you resit a module before your qualification is certified then it isn't something you can (or should) declare)

Thanks, think I've got it now :smile:
I'm currently filling out my UCAS application and was wondering how important it is to fill out unit details? I've completed my A2's and i'm on a gap year at the moment. If i have the full A Level, are universities going to fuss about the unit details?

I'm applying to LJMU as my first choice, doing a foundation year, if that makes a difference.

Reply 2878
Some unis want module grades, but they will specify on the website if so. Other unis don't care.

But if you do know your module grades, it won't hurt to include them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
Some unis want module grades, but they will specify on the website if so. Other unis don't care.

But if you do know your module grades, it won't hurt to include them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the response!

Yeah basically i'm not sure what my module grades are. I'll check what the uni's say, but i'm pretty sure they didn't say anything!

Thanks again

Latest

Trending

Trending