The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Po_Bunny

Original post by Po_Bunny
I did my as levels last year basically in 2010 so which one do I pick?

On the UCAS form, it's usually "Advanced Subsiduary 2001" or similar.
Reply 581
Hi, I got AAAA in Math,Eco, Biology and Chemistry.
I am dropping Biology and doing the rest. how do i show my as-grades on teh ucas form because entering the details into GCE advanced levels gives you the boxs for the A2 modules aswell. Will the uni not know my overall AS-grades achieved. Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by c0relli
It's not compulsory to include them, I just wanted to know if it will affect my chances

this is not true whatsoever, you HAVE to put your AS grades, its the new system.
Original post by screamaimash
I think you put the month of examination, not the month you'll recieve them
Also, don't forget retakes!
So, for example, if you have a Maths module in January, put Jan 2012

And I'd assume you'd put pending and/or your target grade.
Best to talk to your Head of Sixth Form, or sift through UCAS as they may have an answer somewhere

spoke to ucas, they said you usually put the month you get your results.
Original post by krussel
this is not true whatsoever, you HAVE to put your AS grades, its the new system.

I think for independent schools you do not have to declare AS grades if they are not cashed in.
Reply 585
What should I write for my module grades? As in lets say :
eg.

Core Mathematics 2

A
or
A (96/100)
or
96/100

Which one is more appropriate? and is it a good idea to use the other box instead of just enterig the grade for the module.
Original post by digestives
I think for independent schools you do not have to declare AS grades if they are not cashed in.

by independent do you mean private? I mean on the ucas website, it doesn't state anything about that it specifically states you must certifcate all AS's, but anyways you might be right for independent schools
Original post by eliteDNA
eg.

Core Mathematics 2

A
or
A (96/100)
or
96/100

Which one is more appropriate? and is it a good idea to use the other box instead of just enterig the grade for the module.

I'd just put the grade, and if you really want to put the mark in the other box, but I assume your subject teacher will inform them about your scores in your reference
Reply 588

eg.

Core Mathematics 2

A
or
A (96/100)
or
96/100

You've answered your own question. You put the module grade.
Reply 589

How on Earth does one get a D in General Studies?!
Reply 590
Original post by FMFChris
How on Earth does one get a D in General Studies?!

Did you not read the beginning of this thread?! And do you even take General Studies, or are you being purposefully ignorant and judgemental?
Reply 591
Original post by lozvegas
Did you not read the beginning of this thread?! And do you even take General Studies, or are you being purposefully ignorant and judgemental?

I'm gonna go with the latter. I'll apologise and butt out. :smile: Good luck with your future concerns.
If I re-sat an IGCSE exam, am I supposed to mention both the grades, or only the final one (second one)?
both i believe.
Reply 594
I think your best grade if you got the grades, or else both.
Ok, I'm really confused as to how to enter my AS results. Do I create a qualification for each AS level I did and add in all the modules and grades. Then create an Advanced Level for all the subjects and then fill in the AS modules again and leave the A2 modules as pending?

Or do I only create an AS level for subjects I have dropped, then create an Advanced Level for all the subjects I am doing this year filling in the AS grades and leaving A2 modules as pending.
Ok, I'm really confused as to how to enter my AS results. Do I create a qualification for each AS level I did and add in all the modules and grades. Then create an Advanced Level for all the subjects and then fill in the AS modules again and leave the A2 modules as pending?

Or do I only create an AS level for subjects I have dropped, then create an Advanced Level for all the subjects I am doing this year filling in the AS grades and leaving A2 modules as pending.
This may already have been answered/asked BUT I just wish to clarify for my own sake:

If you already have all your A Level results, but you took an AS resit, do you have to put down the resit result?

Thank you!
Reply 598
I was wondering this as well. For the time being, I've entered the AS-Levels into the section along with the A2 subjects and I've clicked "pending" for the overall grade. Seeing as they both contribute to the overall GCE. There wasn't an individual section for the A2 subjects either. I may be wrong, so don't take my word for it!
What exactly do you add AS results under?
The choices are:
GCE Advanced Level
GCE Advanced Level with Advanced Subsidiary (9 units)
GCE Advanced Level: Double Award
GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001)
GCE Advanced Subsidiary: Double Award

I assume it would be GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001), but I just want to be sure so I don't add the wrong thing :smile:

Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending