The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Sighrawr
I basically resat year 12, and during the year I resat I retook one history module, bringing my grade up to an A overall for AS History. But I forgot to put down that I retook this module on UCAS, and just declared that I have an A overall for AS history. I've contacted UCAS telling them I wish to add this module retake on. I've also notified all the unis I applied to. Do you think this could be detrimental to my application? :\
Unlikely to make much difference, if it makes any at all. Don't worry; you've done what you need to.
Hello,

I am currently on a gap year and need some assistance with my application.

1) Do I need to add my GCSE grades twice if I have resat them in year 11? Or do I just add the highest grade?

2) I got a U in an AS subject do I need to declare it?

Thank You
Reply 1582
Original post by zeshan619
Hello,

I am currently on a gap year and need some assistance with my application.

1) Do I need to add my GCSE grades twice if I have resat them in year 11? Or do I just add the highest grade?

2) I got a U in an AS subject do I need to declare it?

Thank You
You need to enter both versions of the GCSE, assuming you achieved a pass grade in both.

On the U in an AS that you are not resitting - it depends on how you read the UCAS guidance. On the site it says you wouldn't need to declare. When you hit 'pay and send' you are asked to confirm that you've entered everything, including exams you've failed.
Original post by Minerva
You need to enter both versions of the GCSE, assuming you achieved a pass grade in both.

On the U in an AS that you are not resitting - it depends on how you read the UCAS guidance. On the site it says you wouldn't need to declare. When you hit 'pay and send' you are asked to confirm that you've entered everything, including exams you've failed.

Thank you for the advise! I want to be on the safer side which would mean I will have to enter the U. However, how would you go about it?
Reply 1584
Original post by zeshan619
Thank you for the advise! I want to be on the safer side which would mean I will have to enter the U. However, how would you go about it?
I'd enter it too.
i sat a maths module at my secondary school and re sat it at a new sixth form how would i enter that?
Reply 1586
Original post by Orange s0da
i sat a maths module at my secondary school and re sat it at a new sixth form how would i enter that?
If the qualification concerned was certificated at the secondary school, enter it there. Then enter it again under the new sixth form.
Reply 1587
Hi,

In my Maths AS, i got a B grade... however I weren't too far off an A, so I want to resit 1 module in Maths, so can I put my AS maths overall grade as pending, but declare 2 modules I am not resitting, but the one I am, as pending also?...
Original post by Lehal
Hi,

In my Maths AS, i got a B grade... however I weren't too far off an A, so I want to resit 1 module in Maths, so can I put my AS maths overall grade as pending, but declare 2 modules I am not resitting, but the one I am, as pending also?...

If the original AS has been certificated its result has to be declared as well as the pending exams.
Reply 1589
Sorry I've only read the first page so apologies if I'm repeating a past question here! I understand we have to list all AS grades - is this applicable to Gap year students with our full A Level grades already achieved? Or do I just enter the one I dropped?
Reply 1590
Original post by gl71994
Sorry I've only read the first page so apologies if I'm repeating a past question here! I understand we have to list all AS grades - is this applicable to Gap year students with our full A Level grades already achieved? Or do I just enter the one I dropped?
You enter all your AS grades regardless of whether you also have an A level in the subject/s. Being on a gap year makes no difference.
Reply 1591
Original post by Good bloke
If the original AS has been certificated its result has to be declared as well as the pending exams.

sorry to sound stupid, but by certificated... you mean recieved a certificate for it? which i have not... ?
Reply 1592
Original post by Lehal
sorry to sound stupid, but by certificated... you mean recieved a certificate for it? which i have not... ?
You don't have to have the certificate in your hand - check your results slip; if an overall grade is quoted as well as the individual module grades, the qualification has been certificated. Schools very often hold on to the certificates as they come in from the exam boards, so that they can give them to you all in one go. Check with them if you aren't sure.
Reply 1593
Original post by Minerva
You don't have to have the certificate in your hand - check your results slip; if an overall grade is quoted as well as the individual module grades, the qualification has been certificated. Schools very often hold on to the certificates as they come in from the exam boards, so that they can give them to you all in one go. Check with them if you aren't sure.

O'rite... hmm.. But, can I put just delcare the B overall, and each Modules, then just resit the module I want to... only thing is... how will they know I'm re-sitting it?
Reply 1594
I've sent off my UCAS form, but didn't know you had to declare AS resits. I'm panicking a bit. Any advice?
Original post by anolan
I've sent off my UCAS form, but didn't know you had to declare AS resits. I'm panicking a bit. Any advice?

Ring up Ucas and speak to them they'll be able to advise you properly. Tell then your situation and your likely to be told to tell the departments you've applied to as well. Don't panic - ring tomorrow and it'll be sorted soon enough.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1596
Original post by Lehal
O'rite... hmm.. But, can I put just delcare the B overall, and each Modules, then just resit the module I want to... only thing is... how will they know I'm re-sitting it?
You enter the subject twice, once as an achieved qualification, and again as a pending one. If you are entering unit grades, leave the one you are resitting as pending in the second version.
Reply 1597
Original post by Minerva
You enter the subject twice, once as an achieved qualification, and again as a pending one. If you are entering unit grades, leave the one you are resitting as pending in the second version.

o'rite... thankyou very much (:smile:
Reply 1598
Original post by winningjojo
Ring up Ucas and speak to them they'll be able to advise you properly. Tell then your situation and your likely to be told to tell the departments you've applied to as well. Don't panic - ring tomorrow and it'll be sorted soon enough.

Ok thanks!

Just wondering what would happen if I failed to notify UCAS of this omission?
Original post by anolan
Ok thanks!

Just wondering what would happen if I failed to notify UCAS of this omission?

It says when you apply that failure to disclose information could mean your application is cancelled. I would ring them up. You're probably not the only one who didn't realise!!

Latest

Trending

Trending