The Student Room Group

Can you still get AAB at A-level if you got BBC in AS?

Scroll to see replies

I have a low C at AS for English and I really want it to go up to a B or even an A at A2. Is that possible? Also, I scored a mid/high B in philopshy and ethics, can I get an A or even an A* at A2?
Reply 61
So you didn't resit any AS subjects, you literally jumped from a low B to an A?
what did you differently to achieve that? This is v inspirational btw
May I ask if you retaked any of the papers in As?
yeah you can get AAB, you just need to figure out where you went wrong and revise your AS course over the summer I got BBC and I need AAA so i'm revising this summer doing past papers for bio and chem, and I've been getting high A's in those AS papers. I didn't do AS my school made us do internal exams, and our grade boundaries were much higher than the grade boundaries released by the exam boards. Just keep working at it, you can do anything you put your mind to :smile:
Hi everyone - this is the original poster (TheAtwood)! I can't find my old login details, lol. But I did get AAB in the end and got into Southampton, my first choice uni. I graduated in 2015 with a first class in BA English and went on to do MA Creative Writing, and graduated from that in 2016 with a distinction. It's been a long time since those AS exams now so they've likely changed the exams a lot, but I did a lot of work - resitting went well enough and I studied my butt off for all the exams. It is possible! I felt awful in the summer following Year 12 because I thought I'd failed, but during Year 13 I turned it around. It can be done! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest