The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Well that interview was a flop :frown:
Reply 981
Original post by Palladium

on your part or were they really hard on you? difficult questions?
Original post by JessBess
:frown: it must be awful. It would be so much kinder to tell you if you are on a reserve list or not, instead of messing with your head :frown:

I know right, especially seeing loads of other people getting offers :frown: !

Do you guys reckon I should email Dr Spruce? I feel like I don't want to seeing as I mucked up the questions he asked me in my interview, just don't want to remind him of that :colondollar:
Reply 983
I can't believe you haven't heard yet, instrumentalist. :frown:

I understand what you mean about coming across impatient, but you could just ask if there's a reserve list for those who don't get a reply in the usual time frame, and then not specify who you are? i.e. Make it seem like a general applications query. Unless you have your name in your email? :P
Reply 984
I got AAAB at AS but I've been predicted 3 A*s, which do you think they will be more interested in? Really want an interview now but I think the competition is just too high for me to stand a chance :frown:
Reply 985
do we have to answer the enclosure form sent with the interview invitation letter if we have no cautions or convictions?
thanks
Reply 986
Original post by rrcbein
do we have to answer the enclosure form sent with the interview invitation letter if we have no cautions or convictions?
thanks

It says at the top of the form to ignore it if you feel its not applicable. :smile:
Reply 987
Original post by instrumentalist
I know right, especially seeing loads of other people getting offers :frown: !

Do you guys reckon I should email Dr Spruce? I feel like I don't want to seeing as I mucked up the questions he asked me in my interview, just don't want to remind him of that :colondollar:

I agree with Escapade, you could make e general enquiry about a reserve list, get someone else to do it if you don't feel you can without appearing impatient.
Reply 988
I haven't heard anything, just the acknowledgement letter ages ago :s-smilie:
Reply 989
Original post by Artaa
I haven't heard anything, just the acknowledgement letter ages ago :s-smilie:

Welcome to the Club :sexface:
Original post by rrcbein
thanks

I also was wondering this

It says at the top of the form to ignore it if you feel its not applicable. :smile:

Thanks Jess, so you didn't take the enclosure form with you? Also how was the interview..I'm not asking for interview questions obv- just wondering if it was laid back and how many people actually spoke to you. I know there are 3 ppl on the panel right?
Congrats on your offer!
Reply 991
Original post by lizzy999
WOW, thats extremely scary... a 95% average is the BEST mark one could get.... I wonder why the admissions would turn down SUCH A MARK???? go call them or smthg :frown: and find out why.

Exactly what I was thinking, I presume it was because of lack of work/volunteer experience? Or maybe theres steep competition this year. I would definately call and ask why :confused:
Reply 992
Original post by Samy
Exactly what I was thinking, I presume it was because of lack of work/volunteer experience? Or maybe theres steep competition this year. I would definately call and ask why :confused:

It doesn't make sense because that mark is really good, unless I think it's because she doesn't have all the required subjects? like some maths or sciences are missing etc?
Reply 993
Original post by groovyangel2008
I also was wondering this

Thanks Jess, so you didn't take the enclosure form with you? Also how was the interview..I'm not asking for interview questions obv- just wondering if it was laid back and how many people actually spoke to you. I know there are 3 ppl on the panel right?
Congrats on your offer!

I didn't take the form,it didn't apply to me.:smile: there were four people,including Austin Spruce and a med student, it was very friendly. I expected a tougher time. only two of the panel actually asked questions.:smile:
I didn't take the form,it didn't apply to me.:smile: there were four people,including Austin Spruce and a med student, it was very friendly. I expected a tougher time. only two of the panel actually asked questions.:smile:

Thanks, thats good to hear :biggrin: And yeah it doesn't apply to me either! The only thing we need to take is photographic ID right?
Is bham your first choice?
Reply 995
Original post by groovyangel2008
Thanks, thats good to hear :biggrin: And yeah it doesn't apply to me either! The only thing we need to take is photographic ID right?
Is bham your first choice?

Yes I took my driving licence. I do really like Birmingham:biggrin:
Reply 996
Original post by Palladium

have u just had your interview? if yes then were you given a written task?
Reply 997
yeah...can anyone give us some more information on the written task? Are you allowed to say anything or no?
Original post by LiveOne
I got AAAB at AS but I've been predicted 3 A*s, which do you think they will be more interested in? Really want an interview now but I think the competition is just too high for me to stand a chance :frown:

I have the same, unfortunately they're going on AS results first. But they claim that they 'hope to be able to interview people with 3A's and a B'!
Reply 999
:biggrin::biggrin: what time was your interview? Were you on the tour? :smile:

yup - my interview was at 4.00pm so i arrived early for the tour. was with my mum - random chinese girl in a grey suit? what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending