The Student Room Group

Lloyds Scholars Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
I got the email about booking an assessment the same day. I've head it took another day or two for others. I'd email them if I were you just to make sure they haven't forgotten. The email for them is on page 28-31 I think. There's also a contact box on the website.
Original post by whathe
I got the email about booking an assessment the same day. I've head it took another day or two for others. I'd email them if I were you just to make sure they haven't forgotten. The email for them is on page 28-31 I think. There's also a contact box on the website.

Well they sent me the email saying I'd passed twice, so I don't know if that was meant to be the AC email instead. But thanks, I'll get in touch!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 602
Original post by Jesseo
I've booked the 30th in Leeds, coming from Liverpool and staying overnight

I've book the 30th July, Leeds. Are you stay at the Queens the night before?
Reply 603
Original post by Bentz
I've book the 30th July, Leeds. Are you stay at the Queens the night before?

No I'm in the Novotel
anyone can give me any tips on the telephone interview? ive never had a interview before so im pretty sure im going to fail
Original post by sonyeric33
anyone can give me any tips on the telephone interview? ive never had a interview before so im pretty sure im going to fail
be clam. dont hesistate. be in a quiet room. drink some water so your throat isnt dry
Is anyone in the Leeds Novotel tonight before the interview tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsbasit
be clam. dont hesistate. be in a quiet room. drink some water so your throat isnt dry

thanks! that is actually really helpful to me
Reply 608
Original post by Millie1986
Is anyone in the Leeds Novotel tonight before the interview tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I'm in the queen's hotel and it's pretty nice...I'm so nervous for tomorrow.
Original post by Bilan01
No, I'm in the queen's hotel and it's pretty nice...I'm so nervous for tomorrow.

Oh that's a shame - I assumed they would put everyone in the same place. I just don't feel like I know enough about finance etc, feel like they will ask really easy questions I won't know the answer to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 610
Oh that's a shame - I assumed they would put everyone in the same place. I just don't feel like I know enough about finance etc, feel like they will ask really easy questions I won't know the answer to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I wish'd we had a chance to hang out and break the ice a little before tomorrow. I'm exactly the same, know nothing about finance but if we've got this far, then maybe we know enough. What are you studying at uni and where if you don't mind me asking?
Psychology at Bath. The Novotel is only about 2 mins from the station if you fancy wandering down! Going to go down for some food soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
I left the telephone interview until really late, just yesterday morning... even though I thought it went really well, and I'd done a lot of research about Lloyds and had a good answer about 'bringing out the best in people' (from a past competency based interview) got email this morning that I didn't make it ;_;

I guess that's life ...
Reply 613
Hey, I was only given the option to have my interview today or tomorrow, and I applied 2 weeks ago! I feel like mine is really late and it makes me appear less keen :/ Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, how long did it last? and was it complete competency based? :smile:
Reply 614
The telephone interview only took about half an hour I think. It really doesn't feel that long when you're doing it. The person interviewing you explains really well how the interview is going to go and yes it is competancy based. As for people being rejected I wouldn't feel too bad about it. We were told at the assessment centre that once they reach so many passes from a university they stop accepting applications from there. I think ours was 10th so they could have met some universities quotas. The main piece of advice I can give to anyone is to honestly just be yourself. I don't know much if anything about finance and they understand that. They're not just looking for finance degrees. One Scholar we got to speak to on the assessment day was doing a degree in childhood development. There's such a broad spectrum.
I live in Birmingham with an assessment centre in London, wutdo? hotel or no hotel? its a 2 hour train ride which means i have to be out 5ish for an 8 oclock assessment day :s-smilie:
Original post by SamTheMan95
I live in Birmingham with an assessment centre in London, wutdo? hotel or no hotel? its a 2 hour train ride which means i have to be out 5ish for an 8 oclock assessment day :s-smilie:

I'd go for the hotel. They pay, and it's a long enough day as it is, without travelling for over 2 hours at the start. At my assessment centre, although it said 8:30 start, when we got there they said we'd be starting just before 9, so I don't think you need to plan to get there too early - it seems to basically be half 8 arrival for 9 start. Also, my email said we'd be finished by 3, but it was after half past, so don't book too early a train home.
I'd go for the hotel. They pay, and it's a long enough day as it is, without travelling for over 2 hours at the start. At my assessment centre, although it said 8:30 start, when we got there they said we'd be starting just before 9, so I don't think you need to plan to get there too early - it seems to basically be half 8 arrival for 9 start. Also, my email said we'd be finished by 3, but it was after half past, so don't book too early a train home.

Is Birmingham not too near to book the hotel? Itll be pretty much 3hours door to door. I'm going to be dead in the interview hahaha poor me :frown:

Plus: I don't want to be seen as taking liberties if it isn't absolutely necessary. I doubt they'd be impressed.
(edited 9 years ago)
I thought you could get a hotel if it was more than 2 hours? The people interviewing aren't even the ones who deal with that kind of thing so they wouldn't even know. I don't think it is taking the piss - they offer it so that people are fresh for the interview day.
Should be if 2+hrs travelling then you can get a flight or train night before and stay in a hotel. Just contact the main email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending