The Student Room Group

Lloyds Scholars Scheme

Scroll to see replies

It isn't done by date or anything so don't panic if you haven't heard yet - it doesn't necessarily mean anything either way.
Anyone going to Edinburgh heard back yet?
There are scholars coming from households with incomes way above the 25k being accepted. This has happened in previous years too. And the selection process is extremely unfair with a lot of people getting put through by alumni's and through 'contacts'. Will post all the names of students that have been put through ( including previous years) even though they do not meet the criteria. All will be revealed after the current selection process is complete. Enough is enough. (Whistleblower)
I kind of agree with the above! Personally I do meet the criteria and know not one person with any link to lloyds. I'm intrigued as to how someone would access such info?
Good job my household income is under 25k then 😀
Passing all the information I have on to @guardian. Lloyds bank at it again!
I meet all the eligibility criteria and I don't know anyone at or affiliated with Lloyds. I didn't meet anyone at my assessment centre who didn't meet the criteria.
Original post by Cath.1996
I kind of agree with the above! Personally I do meet the criteria and know not one person with any link to lloyds. I'm intrigued as to how someone would access such info?

I agree!
Original post by stewart-smythe
Passing all the information I have on to @guardian. Lloyds bank at it again!

Sour Grapes maybe, no one has access to this information, & if it has been accessed illegally, you are liable under the DPA!
Original post by Gunnerway
Sour Grapes maybe, no one has access to this information, & if it has been accessed illegally, you are liable under the DPA!

Pretty sure Lloyds would be breaking the data protection act, he'd probably be in breach of the computer misuse act instead?
Anyway, let's all stop giving this guy attention because he's obviously a troll

The twitter account says they're still calling successful applicants today.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just to clarify i am not a prospective scholar. So it is not a case of 'sour grapes'. Students from higher income families should not be getting put through on the program. In some cases students are being put through not on merit. All will be revealed after the selection process is concluded.
Panic! Word is out that there is a whistleblower and now a review is underway so there will be a delay in the selection process.Should have done it right in the first place. All will be revealed as soon as the process is over
Just to clarify i am not a prospective scholar. So it is not a case of 'sour grapes'. Students from higher income families should not be getting put through on the program. In some cases students are being put through not on merit. All will be revealed after the selection process is concluded.

Perhaps the parents lied about their declared income, especially if they are self employed, I hope not!

Surely the only way this could happen is if families had managed to lie to student finance? You have to show Lloyds your SFE letter and obviously only those with low income will be getting the full grant etc. So unless you had somehow lied to SFE and were therefore getting grant you weren't entitled to, I don't see how it could happen.

Posting from a throwaway account, but there was a guy at my assessment centre that went to a private school. Nothing against him personally, but you'd have to question whether he was really eligible for the scholars programme. :curious:
This conspiracy stuff is majorly weird :s-smilie:
Original post by elizabethany96
Posting from a throwaway account, but there was a guy at my assessment centre that went to a private school. Nothing against him personally, but you'd have to question whether he was really eligible for the scholars programme. :curious:

He may be on a full bursary or something?
Reply 1397
Anyone going to oxford heard back yet?
Original post by mjr321
Anyone going to oxford heard back yet?

Nope, I assumed I didn't get it.
Reply 1399
I haven't heard anything yet and I'm going to Oxford too - don't think any of us Oxford lot have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending