The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Nnuunnuu
i'm not too sure, i tried to check imperial's home page but it doesn't say anything.. can u try to find the source from where u found this info?

many UK year 13 undergrad applicants have january a-level exams, so i dont think they would interview until february or the very end of January based on the masses of inevitable clashes with exams that would ensue.. i cant find anywhere where its explicitly stated on their website however :redface:
looking at tsr though and who seems to have gotten interviews, it does seem to be following that trend for now, since its internationals and gap years who have mainly been receiving invites at the moment.. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by crimlex
says so on their home page, doesn't it? or am I getting it mixed up with UCL...

Original post by Alex J
many UK year 13 undergrad applicants have january a-level exams, so i dont think they would interview until february based on the masses of inevitable clashes with exams that would ensue.. i cant find anywhere where its explicitly stated on their website however :redface:
looking at tsr though and who seems to have gotten interviews, it does seem to be following that trend for now, since its internationals and gap years who have mainly been receiving invites at the moment.. :smile:

I found a link on UCL's website that says they interview gap year student in january
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/undergraduate/mbbs-admissions
but it doesnt say anything on imperial's website so Crimlex I think you are mixing it with UCL ..
Original post by Alex J
many UK year 13 undergrad applicants have january a-level exams, so i dont think they would interview until february based on the masses of inevitable clashes with exams that would ensue.. i cant find anywhere where its explicitly stated on their website however :redface:

are u aware if this was the case last year and of previous years too mate? :smile: because jan exams would have been taking place for year 13's at that time too right?
Reply 1183
Original post by Next Level
are u aware if this was the case last year and of previous years too mate? :smile: because jan exams would have been taking place for year 13's at that time too right?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2011_Entry#Imperialhttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2011_Entry#Imperial

well thats the 2011 entry medicine stalking page for imperial... there are a number of people who got january invites but there does seem (to me anyway) to be that the people interviewed in january, for whatever reason, would be free from exams in january. like for example the guy who got an offer with IB... they only have one big exam at the end of year 13 and hence would be free in january for interview. This trend seems to be particularly apparent towards the bottom of the table of imperial applicants.
Some people like ABCHOK or dew.drop (wow at their bmats by the way!!) do have january interviews with nothing to suggest they are deferred entry or international... however people havent been detailing if they are a reapplicant on that page, so that might explain them perhaps? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Alex J
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2011_Entry#Imperialhttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2011_Entry#Imperial

well thats the 2011 entry medicine stalking page for imperial... there are a number of people who got january invites but there does seem (to me anyway) to be that the people interviewed in january, for whatever reason, would be free from exams in january. like for example the guy who got an offer with IB... they only have one big exam at the end of year 13 and hence would be free in january for interview. This trend seems to be particularly apparent towards the bottom of the table of imperial applicants.
Some people like ABCHOK or dew.drop (wow at their bmats by the way!!) do have january interviews with nothing to suggest they are deferred entry or international... however people havent been detailin if they are a reapplicant on that page, so that might explain them perhaps? :smile:

cheers for the helpful info mate! there does indeed appear to be a trend :smile: yeah I agree; I rang imperial about whether they had received my mitigation letter and to my shock they hadn't! so I informed my school straight away who sent them one today, but on the phone the woman told me not to worry about decision, i.e. for me to receive a rejection in the next few days due to imperial not receiving the letter from my school, and that I inform the school and not worry. i think that does explain it, good observation there mate! :smile:
Reply 1185
Original post by Next Level
cheers for the helpful info mate! there does indeed appear to be a trend :smile: yeah I agree; I rang imperial about whether they had received my mitigation letter and to my shock they hadn't! so I informed my school straight away who sent them one today, but on the phone the woman told me not to worry about decision, i.e. for me to receive a rejection in the next few days due to imperial not receiving the letter from my school, and that I inform the school and not worry. i think that does explain it, good observation there mate! :smile:

ah its a good thing you phoned them then!! (and thanks lol :smile:)
Original post by Alex J
ah its a good thing you phoned them then!! (and thanks lol :smile:)

yeah haha! no prob mate :biggrin: good luck!!
Reply 1187
I assume the Y13 applicants are interviewed in feb/march...

if so, doesn't that mean that we should be hearing about potential beginning of feb interviews now...?
Has any year 13 been interviewed in december? Because i know someone with an offer already who had an interview in december.
have any yr 13 students on this thread been invited for an interview yet or just gap year students, and graduates ? and are there any gap year students who haven't been invited for interview yet with high bmat scores (as in made last year's cut off)?
Im Y13 UK IB applicant and have interview in late Jan.

BTW IB do have mocks as well in Jan :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1191
Original post by Nnuunnuu
have any yr 13 students on this thread been invited for an interview yet or just gap year students, and graduates ? and are there any gap year students who haven't been invited for interview yet with high bmat scores (as in made last year's cut off)?

my 5.7, 6.4, 4C made last years cut-off. But still haven't heard anything...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1192
does anyone ever get interviewd below the cutt off??
Original post by kashkadi
I assume the Y13 applicants are interviewed in feb/march...

if so, doesn't that mean that we should be hearing about potential beginning of feb interviews now...?

I am a year 13 first time applicant doing A levels and I've got an interview on Jan 31st. I think you could hear any time from now onwards! :smile:
Reply 1194
I feel so out of sync on this thread. :confused:

Since I last visited, it seems like we're all trying to explore the deep recesses of the minds of the Imperial Admissions tutors trolls. I think the gist is BMAT > everything else...but obviously the 'everything else' has to stand up.

One thing to remember is that the whole medical admissions process is still subject to being organic and subjective (the admissions tutors are still human after all). Example: I got one of the earliest possible interview dates at UCL with an average BMAT, whereas others here with waaay stronger BMATs have heard nada (I'm sure their 'everything else' was equally/more impressive than mine). This situation is seemingly reversed for Imperial. It's all dependant on variables we cannot control (as well as the ones we can :tongue:). Come what may, I hope we all end up at the medical school we want (any of our choices tbh :wink:).

Good luck to all those with interviews, good luck to all those without. Let's keep on trucking. :smile:

:crossedf:

P.S. - I think analytical skills like that warranted at least a BMAT essay 4 :wink: ... nope, clearly not :biggrin::biggrin: [ <---- amazing rather poor joke...perhaps I should stick to medicine]
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by NP473L

Original post by NP473L
I feel so out of sync on this thread. :confused:

Since I last visited, it seems like we're all trying to explore the deep recesses of the minds of the Imperial Admissions tutors trolls. I think the gist is BMAT &gt; everything else...but obviously the 'everything else' has to stand up.

One thing to remember is that the whole medical admissions process is still subject to being organic and subjective (the admissions tutors are still human after all). Example: I got one of the earliest possible interview dates at UCL with an average BMAT, whereas others here with waaay stronger BMATs have heard nada (I'm sure their 'everything else' was equally/more impressive than mine). This situation is seemingly reversed for Imperial. It's all dependant on variables we cannot control (as well as the ones we can :tongue:). Come what may, I hope we all end up at the medical school we want (any of our choices tbh :wink:).

Good luck to all those with interviews, good luck to all those without. Let's keep on trucking. :smile:

:crossedf:

P.S. - I think analytical skills like that warranted at least a BMAT essay 4 :wink: ... nope, clearly not :biggrin::biggrin: [ &lt;---- amazing rather poor joke...perhaps I should stick to medicine]

Kinda off track here, but how did you make that UCAS thingy in your sig? Mine is so boring :tongue:
Original post by brighteyes1994
I am a year 13 first time applicant doing A levels and I've got an interview on Jan 31st. I think you could hear any time from now onwards! :smile:

My interview's on Jan 31st too! Good luck to us :smile:
Reply 1197
Original post by confused dot com
Kinda off track here, but how did you make that UCAS thingy in your sig? Mine is so boring :tongue:

haha...I used photoshop. :ninja:

EDIT: And didn't save the .psd. D'oh!
(edited 12 years ago)
wow this website is enough to drive you mad
Original post by Hoppingbeans
My interview's on Jan 31st too! Good luck to us :smile:

Yeah, good luck! See you there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending