The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NightBear
I agree. But, it's a lot fairer than the UKCAT (which, unfortunately, MAJORITY of the universities look at), imo. UKCAT is a case of "who's better at guessing blindly and clicking frantically". The ridiculous time constraints make it a guessing game. Guess these tests will only be more fair if they introduce negative marks for wrong answers.

Rant over.

I couldn't agreee moreeeeee! :tongue:
Original post by handsome7654
I couldn't agreee moreeeeee! :tongue:

Real talk, man. lol
Reply 1782
Rejection :frown:
GCSE: 9A*s 2As
AS: 5As
Predicted A2: 4 A*s
BMAT: 6.3 6.0 2A
WE: v good
Reply 1783
Original post by Palladium

Obviously a Troll - like half the people on TSR with gazzillion A*s, 900 in UKCAT and 9,9,5A in BMAT :/

not to mention the fact edinburgh dont offer until march! idiot
Reply 1784
Original post by sohaib34

Original post by sohaib34
Rejection :frown:
GCSE: 9A*s 2As
AS: 5As
Predicted A2: 4 A*s
BMAT: 6.3 6.0 2A
WE: v good

Ah man, so sorry to hear that! It's honestly their loss, good luck with the rest of your application. :hugs:

I have to say although we knew this when applying, I'm finally realising how screwed up their selection procedure is.
Original post by oHellno
Ah man, so sorry to hear that! It's honestly their loss, good luck with the rest of your application. :hugs:

I have to say although we knew this when applying, I'm finally realising how screwed up their selection procedure is.

Yes, because seeing people with amazing BMAT scores in 2 sections but narrowly missing out on a third section's cut off is kind of difficult to get your head around :frown:
Anyone with offers (doing A levels) what are your offer grades?
Real talk, man. lol

Spoken like a true man! :biggrin:
Reply 1788
omg congrats what is it?

Its unconditional (well conditional upon crb clearance and sending them my a-level certificates)

Very chuffed atm :biggrin:
Reply 1789

I agree. But, it's a lot fairer than the UKCAT (which, unfortunately, MAJORITY of the universities look at), imo. UKCAT is a case of "who's better at guessing blindly and clicking frantically". The ridiculous time constraints make it a guessing game. Guess these tests will only be more fair if they introduce negative marks for wrong answers.

Rant over.

Before I say anything, I'd like to emphasise that this is in no way supposed to sound boastful or big headed, and I'm just saying it because I think it's a pretty good example to illustrate this 'guessing game' rant regarding UKCAT :smile:

Basically my experience of the test was totally hilarious and included exactly what you've described. I came out with pretty average results for the first 3 sections but seriously to my surprise, the last one came out as full marks. One if the biggest mysteries of my life right there!

It's totally not like I'm ungrateful for having luck on my side that day, but everytime I think back at that result, I can't help but realise how stupid of a test it was and agree exactly with your opinion :smile:
Reply 1790
Original post by simonequek
offer! (International)

hey. congrats man...haha desperately waiting for mine now.
offer! (International)

good work and congrats! what's the condition of the a level grades?
Original post by arcturus
i really think its very similar...just that they wanted me to relate how it is back in my country to how it is in uk. but the questions are super similar with home students. hope this helps.

oh alright and thanks for the advice which was quite helpful!
Original post by hotstreak
good work and congrats! what's the condition of the a level grades?

They're asking for AAAC at A levels (Biology and Chemistry) which was actually lower than I expected! I'm really happy and relieved :smile: good luck to everyone else for both interviews and offers!
They're asking for AAAC at A levels (Biology and Chemistry) which was actually lower than I expected! I'm really happy and relieved :smile: good luck to everyone else for both interviews and offers!

Oh that's really good then cos I'm also an applicant from singapore! As in both chemistry and biology?
Original post by hotstreak
Oh that's really good then cos I'm also an applicant from singapore! As in both chemistry and biology?

Haha hello fellow singaporean what school are you from! Eh i'm not too sure what the exact requirements are, they actually wrote:

"GCE A level
Grades AAAC including
Biology
Chemistry"

So i'm not sure if it means that I've got to get A for both Bio and Chem, or just AAAC for my BCME subjects! I hope it's the latter :biggrin: I've already emailed them to check can drop you a message or something when they reply! :smile: have you been interviewed?
Reply 1796
just want my rejection through now, im sick of waiting!
Reply 1797
Haha hello fellow singaporean what school are you from! Eh i'm not too sure what the exact requirements are, they actually wrote:

"GCE A level
Grades AAAC including
Biology
Chemistry"

So i'm not sure if it means that I've got to get A for both Bio and Chem, or just AAAC for my BCME subjects! I hope it's the latter :biggrin: I've already emailed them to check can drop you a message or something when they reply! :smile: have you been interviewed?

lol another singaporean here as well...and i actually saw 3 other ppl from singapore on my day of interview. guess imperial loves singapore a lot
Original post by Pop?
Its unconditional (well conditional upon crb clearance and sending them my a-level certificates)

Very chuffed atm :biggrin:

CONGRATS!!! :biggrin: So they ask for A level certificates - do you send the real ones or copies? What was the interview like, I wish I also had an unconditional as well since I'm a reapplicant waiting for interview!
Reply 1799
CONGRATS!!! :biggrin: So they ask for A level certificates - do you send the real ones or copies? What was the interview like, I wish I also had an unconditional as well since I'm a reapplicant waiting for interview!

Thanks :wink: Well it says 'original' certificates so im guessing they mean the real ones. The interview is pretty much the standard style interview which you can definitely prepare for. At the end they ask a set ethical question so it might be useful to brush up on ethics, although my ethical question had nothing to do with ethics at all! :tongue: From what i understand the chances of obtaining an offer after interview are very high and tbh its pretty much a friendly chat.

What was ur bmat btw?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending