The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadab786ahmed
Lool, so you ready?

God no :colonhash: but I'll live.
Reply 2801
Hey guys. Not been around for a while, I hope you're all okay and your exams are going well. I only have 3 GCSE papers to take this June, after Whitsun week.. Maths, Geography and Science.

I take all my History, English Language and English Literature GCSEs at the end of Yr 11, but this year we're having a ''practice'' - Like a mock, but not a year 11 mock. My History is next Tuesday which is about Germany 1919-45, then next Thursday I have a English Language exam which is 2 hour 15. Although it counts for nothing, the school regard it as very important and its done in exam conditions in the exam hall.

I also had another Practice mock in Geography to prepare for my proper exam in 3 weeks time. I've been really struggling at Geography this year as I find there is so much to remember and so many case studies, stupidly, I didn't do nothing about this and didn't revise so I was dreading the test yesterday. I came out and I thought I did okay, I got it back today and got an A. Really delighted with it. Although it counts for nothing, I can go into the proper exam in 3 weeks time with some more confidence knowing I can tackle it.

Bad news is my Head of Year who I actually register with is not being my head of year no more next year, bit bizzare to step down when we're in Year 11 having been ourr HoY since Year 7. Really gutted about it as he's a great guy.

Hope everyone is okay anyway! I'm buzzing at the moment :smile:
Original post by MangoFreak
God no :colonhash: but I'll live.

Ahah, I'm sure you'll do fine :smug: if you need any help, you know where I am :P
Reply 2803
Hey everyone! I do remember posting here like just once in the past... but hey looks like i'm back! :redface: I had a biology exam this week, my first official GCSE paper! Six more exams to go >.< Anyone doing triple science? I've just been moved up to top set to start learning the next modules already! We've actually got the new textbooks for ocr additional science now. It was so ridiculous because we had to learn the first 3 modules for bio, chem and physics with the old specification textbooks as my school spent all it's money on building new tennis courts. Man, some people need to get their priorities straight.
Original post by sos_
Hey everyone! I do remember posting here like just once in the past... but hey looks like i'm back! :redface: I had a biology exam this week, my first official GCSE paper! Six more exams to go >.< Anyone doing triple science? I've just been moved up to top set to start learning the next modules already! We've actually got the new textbooks for ocr additional science now. It was so ridiculous because we had to learn the first 3 modules for bio, chem and physics with the old specification textbooks as my school spent all it's money on building new tennis courts. Man, some people need to get their priorities straight.

Ew, sports? Who chose that over science :tongue:

I'm serious :colonhash: Science is the tits :ahee:
Reply 2805
Well in my school, we've got an old school consisting of English, Languages, Media, Music and Drama. The rooms are really horrible.

oscorridor.jpg

Anyway, they school forked out £1 million on moving Music and Drama up new school. I so wish they moved English, would of been the sensible decision. -_-
Anyone doing edexcel history (international relations) next month? Ahh so scared about it, haven't even started revision yet because I've been revising for physics and trying to remember my French essay for Monday :/
Original post by CheesePuffff
Anyone doing edexcel history (international relations) next month? Ahh so scared about it, haven't even started revision yet because I've been revising for physics and trying to remember my French essay for Monday :/

im doing that.. next month.. 12th i think.. on american history (source inference)
Original post by jennifer.tariah
im doing that.. next month.. 12th i think.. on american history (source inference)

Same here, I've printed around 5 past papers from fronter and bought loads of revision cards.
Reply 2809
anyone doing chemistry monday?

I am~ Then Physics later in the week, I think.

Had Drama yesterday, it went alright. Got my English Lang mock result back, 71/80, I was chuffed - spent most of it taking the mick! An A in my Welsh mock which is making me feel better about it in general. I have Chemistry, Physics, Welsh and History left. Science this year has been pretty awful, and I'm a bit nervous about History, but I should get by~
Original post by Cynical.

Had Drama yesterday, it went alright. Got my English Lang mock result back, 71/80, I was chuffed - spent most of it taking the mick! An A in my Welsh mock which is making me feel better about it in general. I have Chemistry, Physics, Welsh and History left. Science this year has been pretty awful, and I'm a bit nervous about History, but I should get by~

Yeah, physics on Thursday, and these notes are taking a loooooooooong time...
I think i'll have no time to do these past papers. :frown:
Reply 2811
Original post by Saleemadat
Yeah, physics on Thursday, and these notes are taking a loooooooooong time...
I think i'll have no time to do these past papers. :frown:

How did you find Biology? Was not impressed with the lack of certain subjects!!
Same here, I've printed around 5 past papers from fronter and bought loads of revision cards.

Oooh im soo ready for that exam i've done a couple mocks and and the 6markers i got full marks in them.. just the 8markers i cant get anymore than 5marks in them.. i need to practice those

yes.. you retaking physics? some people in my school are on the 24th..
Reply 2813

yes.. you retaking physics? some people in my school are on the 24th..

Nope, first and hopefully only go, with Edexcel.
Nope, first and hopefully only go, with Edexcel.

well i got a B which is an achievement for me.. but its quite easy so you'd probably pass, just a quick note.. i think you'd hve to revise on stars and the formation of that because on my exam it didnt come up.. so its probably coming up on yours
How did you find Biology? Was not impressed with the lack of certain subjects!!

I found it hard, and tbh I think I failed.
Reply 2816
well i got a B which is an achievement for me.. but its quite easy so you'd probably pass, just a quick note.. i think you'd hve to revise on stars and the formation of that because on my exam it didnt come up.. so its probably coming up on yours

Well done!! And haha thanks, though I'm sure whatever I do revise is bound not to come up - happened with biology! Wish I'd done the previous paper, with all the classification and nitrates and stuff, which just didn't appear on the one this time round.

I found it hard, and tbh I think I failed.

I'm sure you did alright, and even if you didn't, still 2 more to make up for it! I answered all the questions but that doesn't mean many were right. I know I failed the symptoms of cystic fibrosis question, and could certainly have done better on some of the other questions. Oh well.
Original post by Jack59
Hey guys. Not been around for a while, I hope you're all okay and your exams are going well. I only have 3 GCSE papers to take this June, after Whitsun week.. Maths, Geography and Science.
)

are your doing edexecl geography on the 14th of June
Anyone have the Biology (B1 B2 B3) OCR Gateway exam on Monday?!Dreading it!!!:frown:
I have an English Literature exam on Thursday and it is really hard-I reallyt do wish English was as easy as Maths,the standard for Maths in the country is really low(so easy questions and low grade boundaries).

Latest