The Student Room Group

GCSE English!

So basically I did English language AQA Spec A in May/June and got a B. I got an A in English literature somehow. :/

My parents weren't happy with it and want me to at least get an A. So I was wondering what paths I should take. Should I ask for a remark? Or a resit? Does a resit mean I have to redo all my coursework?

Will that B affect my chances to get into university to study something like economics (I've somewhat ruled out medicine) at a decent university?
One more question: what type of universities should/could I aim for if I get AAA in A2 but have the B in English?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by senz72
So basically I did English AQA Spec A in May/June and got a B. My parents weren't happy with it and want me to at least get an A. So I was wondering what paths I should take. Should I ask for a remark? Or a resit? Does a resit mean I have to redo all my coursework?

Will that B affect my chances to get into university to study something like economics (I've somewhat ruled out medicine) at a decent university?
One more question: what type of universities should/could I aim for if I get AAA in A2 but have the B in English?

English Literature or English Language?
Reply 2
Original post by Justcuriousyaknow
English Literature or English Language?

English language.
Sorry.
Reply 3
Well I redid all my English exams using the same coursework as the year before at GCSE, so unless it's changed you can do that.

Also, I would have thought a B would be fine for most universities.
Contact your school to find out how far away you were from an A, if you were close ask for a remark. If you resit you don't have to redo your c/w, but it might help to improve upon it.
Original post by senz72
So basically I did English language AQA Spec A in May/June and got a B. I got an A in English literature somehow. :/
My parents weren't happy with it and want me to at least get an A. So I was wondering what paths I should take. Should I ask for a remark? Or a resit? Does a resit mean I have to redo all my coursework?

The b won't affect your chances I should think, bur get it remarked if you were close because the exam boards do make mistakes!
Reply 6
it's not really worth the money getting it remarked, it's an english GCSE and it might get marked down anyway. B in gcse english language is fine. Don't resit either, concentrate on doing well at a level english language/lit if that's what you're going to do. It's the a levels that matter really.
Original post by senz72

A B in English Language is fine. It's what most Universities require.
Reply 8
Awesome guys! Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending