The Student Room Group

has anyone passed their driving test first time?? please reply

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by eyre2
hi, i just want to know if anyone passed their driving test first time, because alot of close people that i know passed second, i get my test soon, and now feel like i'm going to fail it first time round. i just wont some motivation and see if anyone did pass theirs first time. i really want to pass as money is becoming a big issue.

Thanks for reading, please reply

Don't worry it's not as hard as it seems.

They basically just take you out for a quick 40 minute drive around. It goes quick.
Just make sure you look over your shoulder before setting off every time. Make sure you have practised roundabouts and manoeuvres.

Look in your mirrors loads as if you are paranoid and you should be fine.

It's not that hard when it comes to it. I would have passed first time but I made the silly mistake of going 35 on a 30.

You will be fine though.
Reply 81
Original post by NutterFrutter
Rolling back with a car behind you would be a serious fault.
Mounting the kerb.
Exceeding the speed limit.
Etc.

It's situation dependent though, it might not be classed as a serious fault if no one else was around.

ok thanks alot!:biggrin:
Reply 82
Original post by tif49

They basically just take you out for a quick 40 minute drive around. It goes quick.
Just make sure you look over your shoulder before setting off every time. Make sure you have practised roundabouts and manoeuvres.

It's not that hard when it comes to it. I would have passed first time but I made the silly mistake of going 35 on a 30.

You will be fine though.

thanks this made me feel better:smile:
I passed first time and so did a friend of mine.

In a manouver I was sure I went slightly on a kerb, could have been a drain, but I stayed calm and continued doing my observations etc.

Only had 2 minors so the less minors you have the more "brownie points" lets say you wil get which may give you leeway :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by TheGrinningSkull
I passed first time and so did a friend of mine.

In a manouver I was sure I went slightly on a kerb, could have been a drain, but I stayed calm and continued doing my observations etc.

Only had 2 minors so the less minors you have the more "brownie points" lets say you wil get which may give you leeway :smile:

oh ok...so say i did go on the kerb, thats a major right?
Original post by eyre2

Original post by eyre2
oh ok...so say i did go on the kerb, thats a major right?

Have you not read my previous posts? It's SUBJECTIVE.
Reply 86
Have you not read my previous posts? It's SUBJECTIVE.

oh yeah ok thanks
Btw, I passed first time, 5 minors though. :grumble:
Reply 88
Btw, I passed first time, 5 minors though. :grumble:

thats really good!
Reply 89
Original post by tif49

You will be fine though.

btw do you really thin it goes quick? 40 minutes does sound quite a lot:s-smilie:
Original post by eyre2

Original post by eyre2
btw do you really thin it goes quick? 40 minutes does sound quite a lot:s-smilie:

At the end of it, you'll feel like it's only been 5 minutes. :lol:
Reply 91
At the end of it, you'll feel like it's only been 5 minutes. :lol:

really...i really hope so :smile:

thanks
Reply 92
Original post by eyre2

Trust me, it goes quite quick.

They take you out for a quick drive to see if you are capable. As long as you don't commit any blatant mistakes, you should be all right.

In my experience, roundabouts, manoeuvres, mirrors and looking over your shoulder and mirrors before setting off after each time they stop you, these are the key areas they are looking for.
Reply 93
Original post by tif49
Trust me, it goes quite quick.

They take you out for a quick drive to see if you are capable. As long as you don't commit any blatant mistakes, you should be all right.

In my experience, roundabouts, manoeuvres, mirrors and looking over your shoulder and mirrors before setting off after each time they stop you, these are the key areas they are looking for.

Thank you...i will remember that:smile:
Reply 94
Original post by glf2110
I passed first time, one minor after a real emergency stop (forgot to look in my nearside mirror before moving off) and my brother who passed without any minors. You'll be fine. :smile:

wow you and your brother done really well...were u nervous beofore your test?
Reply 95
Original post by eyre2
wow you and your brother done really well...were u nervous beofore your test?

Thanks. :smile:
No, not really. We had a brilliant driving instructor (Traffic Police Officer). He had us doing 60mph up a country road on our first lessons! :eek:
Reply 96
Passed on my first time :smile: As everyone else has said, goes pretty quick. Just remember to check mirrors frequently and take your time - don't let impatient drivers rush you as safety is the most important thing! :smile: "Drive the way you want to drive, not the way others want you to drive :wink:"
Reply 97
Original post by oliverrr
I passed at 9:30 this morning first time 1 minor!!

i was so chuffed! the examiner said that was one of the best tests iv had in 2 and half year!!

just treat it like a lesson guys!

wow thats amazing! well done!
Reply 98
I passed first time, just 25 hours couldn't believe
Hi I passed my driving test this morning at goodmayers test center routes. I passed 1st time :smile:))) sooo happy 🎉🎉🎉 with 3 miner mistakes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending